Hi, I'm new

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6250 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi i would just like to introduce myself and say hi to you all. I'm allybally1 and I have found this website so interesting. Absolutely disgusted at what these banks have been doing to use for years. I'm interested in the mortgage exit fees - we've just paid £474 for nothing, we did not leave early but were still charged this. Its a [edit]. We are having a nightmare trying to get a mortgage with the Clydesdale Bank. Believe it or not, we made our enquiry last July and have still not got everything sorted out. First they lost all of our accounts, passports and driving license, then we had to wait 4 months for them to re-imburse us the price of the new passports (which was slightly under), then they missed our redemption date and we went into arrears (which their solicitors paid). I am just so appalled at the time it is taking them to give us a mortgage. Im wondering if its because we have an endowment mortgage because they tried to give us the heavy sell on repayment but we only have 11 years left. Is there anything we can do about the amount of time this is taking and how unprofessional they have been from start to finish (loads have happened in between I won't bore you with) but the truth is they are totally incompetent. They sent us a leaflet to make a complaint and their manager told us we really should complain - its as if they dont give a hoot. Meanwhile we're still paying extortionate mortgage rates with Abbey. Can anybody through some light on what I can do about this - our last mortgage was through within 8 weeks but this is going on and on and ................. Sorry for all the grumbling but im really cheesed off with them and this situation. Has anyone else went through this with CB?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...