Fedupandskint V Abbey

fedupandskint
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6201 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have sent off my letter requesting my charges refunded and gave them 14 days.. they replied today with the standard letter..

We are sorry you feel you need to complain and they need 4 weeks to respond.

Now do i send the second letter now or wait till the 4th April? and do i get prepared for court now so its not such a rush at the end? really confused and my head is spinning

Help me please someone who has done it already..:confused: :grin:

nikki = Fedupandskint V ShABBEY

Data Protection Act recieved today 8/6/06 so 40 days start

finally recieved bank statements today 11/10/06 :-|

new bank account set up today finally got everything i need and done it :D

calculations worked out amount comes to 4,621

Sorry everyone still trying to get sorted out been in hospital and not been able to follow it up so having to start again now:-x

Data Protection Act and ten pound fee sent statements recieved eventually 3 missing but i had them online so could calculate from there

15th march Request for payment of charges sent registered mail. 14 days starts 16th

second request for payment of charges sent 14 days are up on 3rd May. will then file MCOL

If you gave them 14 days in your letter then you send them your LBA on day 15. You don't say when you sent your letter so I don't know whether 4th April is the end of your 14 days or the end of the 4 weeks Abbey have said they need.

Anyway, stick to your time scale (14 days).

Hope this helps.

• Haha 1

The 4th April is 14 days after i sent my first one.. So all prepared here ready on computer to be printed off to send to them.. Just the 4 weeks they say they will contact me that is even longer than i would give them from the second letter. they sent me all the complaints leaflets ect with this letter.. just sit back now and wait for the 4th April see what comes of it then thanks for your reply just trying to make sure i dont miss time scales and things out really.

Sorry everyone still trying to get sorted out been in hospital and not been able to follow it up so having to start again now:-x

Data Protection Act and ten pound fee sent statements recieved eventually 3 missing but i had them online so could calculate from there

15th march Request for payment of charges sent registered mail. 14 days starts 16th

second request for payment of charges sent 14 days are up on 3rd May. will then file MCOL

Guest Niklowe

Hi fedup,

Here is a little extract from the step by step instructions:

B) You will receive a fairly standard letter saying "sorry you are not happy, we'll get back to you sometime in the next decade..." Again, if this is the case, allow for the 14 day deadline and proceed to the next stage of the claim.

Hope this helps to put your mind at rest.

Good luck fedup, but you won't need it

I have just been looking at another persons thread and i have made a mistake on my intrest calculations i think.. I have put it at the 8% is that right please someone help me im even more confused now.. wish i had just left alone and waited for the 4th haha

If i have made a mistake can someone point me in the right direction to where i work it out properly at the correct rate what ever it is

Guest Niklowe

Hi again fedup,

The 8% statutory interest is only added on to the court claim. The interest you can claim for is the interest that has been incurred by the charges putting you overdrawn.

On your statement it will show the interest that you've been charged.

When you send in your LBA just add to the letter stating that you are adjusting your claim

Hope this has been of some use

Is there something i should be doing while waiting for the 4th of April..(second letter) they have replied to first but the 14 days is not up yet.. Just thinking about i should be doing something rather than just counting the days down now. any help would be appreciated here lol I just want my money back hehe:rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Well last letter sent before i put my claim to the courts. just see what they hve to say to that now then fingers crossed wish me luck :D

just follow the format, you're doing fine. issue a mcol next

Abbey £4340.59 *WON* Jan 07

Abbey II MCOL 31/03/07 £8800.00

Please note..I AM NOT AN EXPERT ANYTHING WHAT I POST IS PURELY MY OPINION AND MAY BE WRONG IT IS JUST BASED ON MY UNDERSTANDING OR EXPERIENCE

Read my latest claim its a fast track potentially

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/61406-noobrider-abbey-take-2-a.html?highlight=noobrider

read my first claim which includes attending a directions hearing in court

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/10576-noobrider-abbey.html?highlight=noobrider

thanks just getting a bit jittery now.. fingers crossed they decide im for reall here and give my money back to me hehehe

Well recieved a letter today saying please wait 4 weeks we will investigate your complaint.. I have sent off my second letter before i file |MCOL so i am counting 14days from yesterday the letter looks like it has crossed in the post so bring it on ShAbbey

Guest ChloeJane

Hi Fedup!!

Your getting closer hold those nerves!

If you sent the letter off, spend the time till they reply reading up on how to claim via the court and read into which way you might claim.

Your options for filing a claim against them are Money claim online or N1 through your local court.

Read this link below first though!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/71369-getting-mcol-right.html

Money claim online

5. Money Claim On-Line (MCOL) Particulars of Claim

N1 at your local court.

4. Particulars of claim - N1 - hard copy version

You may also like to read up on fees and if you have to pay them!

You can apply for an exemption through the court when you file your claim so it is worth a read and if in hardship, worth applying.

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/H...fl ets_id=172

That should keep you reading and informed for the next step after the letter.

Remember - N1 - FEE EXEMPTIONS ALLOWED AND PREFERRED METHOD

Good luck and if you need help look me up in the chat room!

Just recieved a letter from Abbeys Debt recovery service.. stating that they are taking me to court for the money.. How can they do that when the amount and more is in dispute? Im worried cos its at my dads address they have stated that they have tried to make personal contact but i know that they have't cos my dad is housebound..

What do i do? do i phone them and tell them its in dispute again.. cos i have spoken to them before and the man i spoke to said 'Tuff'

Guest ChloeJane

Fed up! Try this! Send it to the debt collection company.

I will work on another one for the bank! cheeky monkeys!

Dear Sir Madam,

Re: (their reference number)

I am aware that you have been instructed by ******(name of bank) to pursue the amount of £.........that is outstanding on my account *.............(put account number).

I write to formally notify you that your client is in error with instruction to yourselves, to collect on a debt that has accrued through unlawful charges made by them to this account. I respectfully advise that you contact your client ***(Name of Bank) urgently in relation to this debt to clarify the position.

A claim against the Bank for these unlawful charges is pending in the Civil courts and far exceeds the sum which you have been instructed to pursue on their behalf.

To pursue a debt that with your knowledge, is not owed and has been unlawfully gained, and is currently in dispute with the civil courts would clearly make you an accessory and liable to part of the civil claim I will make in this matter if forced to make payment in full.

I have made the bank aware of my stand about their charges and the debt you have been passed and hereby notify you of my intent.

That if you pursue this debt I will take action to claim back any monies that you pursue in relation to this debt from your client instructing client **(Name of Bank). Furthermore that I will add you to my claim and file for damages for any inconvenience or time or postage or costs incurred with lodgement of my claim at court, if the matter is not dispensed of immediately.

I will allow 14 days from receipt of this letter, before I seek to take further action. I trust this letter and your reply will end this matter in full.

Regards,

Your name.

Thanks ChloeJane.. your help is much appreciated i am going to have to get my N1 sorted out in next couple of days as final day for them is 3rd.. fingers crossed firmly that i can figure it out.. but thanks for your help

Well i have my N1 form here in my hand and im getting worried about filling it in wrong.. i have read everything i can read about it but seriously think i have boggled my brain with information now:confused: Which is the best way to go forward N1 or MCOL? head battered here cos i have till Thursday to file it in court well thats the day the 14days runs out anyway and they have not even contacted me about last letter at all. so don't really want to wait any longer and let them have the upper hand :(

WEll today is the day that i file my N1.. getting a tad nervous just tried to fill it in and make mistakes left right and centre so have to get another N1 form.. Oh they have not responded to my letter at all. should i ring them and find out what is going on before i file?

Well today recieved a GOGW letter.. they offered me 185 out of just over 4760odd.. and accomanied with a letter to say their charges are fair and that i can by all means complain to the ombudsman.. they also stated that their charges are fair and in acordance with the OFT? I can sit here and say my blood is boiling at this point.. they have sent the 185 to the collection company that they have sent me to.. so i did not even get that lol..

WEll i don't know what is going on with this board but i can not get on it

i know that may sound strange as im posting now but i can not use the links on here have had to search my history to get here anyone help me here please missing this site lots