Bank Charges - A suggestion

anonman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6016 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Its funny really. They claim they can help. I begged and pleaded with them last year as my charges were working around a viscous cycle.

They offered me no help, both before and afterwards they refused to help the situation. When my wages were paid in weekly (minimum wage + basic tax rate) they gave me no living allowance, and I actually had nothing for 6 weeks. Within those six weeks I relied upon the goodwill of customers + colleagues to make sure that nothing untoward happened to me (within those 6 weeks I lost 2 stone in weight, and went back on pre scripted med's)

As for Abbey, the treatment I received off them was worse than expected of a P.o.W camp. I have never been humiliated like that before. I would like them to live on the wage I am on £5.54p/h + my loan repayments and have their tax rate set to BR while the usual utilities are outgoing. I'd give them a month before the situation is reversed.

While it is simple (in theory) to avoid charges, it isn't simple to re-arrange all my outgoings every month, as my pay is every 4 week, instead of a set date pcm. If anyone is not understanding of a situation like this (Abbey) then they are nothing more than sadistic and inhuman.

Without blowing my own trumpet, I am doing well. I can manage my month on under £350 while paying the bills, loan, and car. While working an under-rated day job and establishing a business during the night. For over 80+ hours a week I am at work to improve on my financial well-being and achieve my long term business goals.

To have the sheer arrogance of some individuals, stating the blinding obvious. Is proof that its the idiots in life that get further than the honest smart working intellects. I would rather file for voluntary insolvency for the benefit of maintaining my principals, ethics and idea's than be a mindless middle management brown-nose. Give me a pen & paper and I will draft out what fair trade and ethics means to the honest person, not what it means to a money hungry corporation.

I am sick of the implied justifications these banks are trying to pass off to warrant the need for excessive charging. I am sick of the customer led service on the context of releasing your legal rights. I am disgusted that I pay more in “LEGAL” fines than a person in court would do for shoplifting or even drink driving. I am not a criminal, sheep nor fool. Should I expect to be treating like one? The last time I checked this was the UK and I was protected by my rights.

The banks don't help, not in my instance anyway. They chose to appear friendly at first but, they are truly only after one thing. My charges = their money. No matter which way you look at it, they are a business and the majority of businesses look at the 'money is power' philosophy. The more money they have the next competitor they will buy out.

*and breathe (not a single swear word either ******* marvellous) – rant over – apologies.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The idea of educating at a young age the importance of personal economics is something that should be addressed. Practically though, I don't think it would take off, there are just too many variables to take into account.

Plus with the way that the system works its not that simple to financially manage a minimum wage job. Especially in relation to where you live (South West, and London being the most expensive places to live).

Irrespective of someone's level of income, there are always going to be issues of financial management. The majority of the problems that fall through are the minimum wage against the cost of daily living .