• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Credit AGREEMENT -or- APPLICATION? RBS Advantage Card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4246 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Louis wu.

have a look at my post 307 is the agreement the same ?

do the maths does the agreement add up ie does the payment term x payments = loan amount (eg 36 months at £100 = total loan £3600)

were there any fees added before interest?

ive just had welcome write off a loan because the agreement wasnt any good

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

Guest louis wu

Hi dave, I remember your post well.

Believe it or not, it was the first thing I done, and :-( the maths do add up!

I have read as much as I can, and the points I mentioned were the only ones I could find wrong

1 No T&C’s

2 2 references to ‘clauses overleaf’ – it’s a 1 sided copy, no clauses supplied.

3 2 illegible areas (small in size, but illegible nonetheless)

4 (very picky clutching at straws time) APR not expressed as a %, just stating this, ‘A.P.R 12.4’ (assume I am no financial expert, 12.4 what?)

5 A ‘right to cancel’ section explaining details will be sent later….No details ever received. QuoteOnce you sign this agreement, you will have a short time to cancel it. Exact details of how and when you can do this will be sent to you by post by us.

I am just hoping that somewhere in there is enough 'doubt' that would cause a judge to rule in my favour/or cause the DCA enough doubt as to whether they should continue to persue me. I would consider doing a 'deal' with them to reduce the amount to an agreeable (by me) level.

In my mind, they have clearly not fullfilled the CCA request, but as to going beyond that, I'm just a bit unsure at the moment

Louis

Good morning all.

If you could spare a few minutes to look at this I would be grateful.

I have requested a copy of my CCA under s77. regarding a loan taken out 3 years ago.

The 1 page copy I have received HAS the following

1 A fixed loan amount.

2 Interest rate

3 Rate/frequency of payments

4 Creditor and debtor signatures (with dates)

5 Document headed as ‘credit agreement regulated by CCA act 1974’ signature box has the same heading (I think its safe to assume that this is an agreement and not an application:( )

I was a bit disappointed with that, so I examined the document and found these (some is a bit picky)-

1 No T&C’s

2 2 references to ‘clauses overleaf’ – it’s a 1 sided copy, no clauses supplied.

3 2 illegible areas (small in size, but illegible nonetheless)

4 (very picky clutching at straws time) APR not expressed as a %, just stating this, ‘A.P.R 10.6’ (assume I am no financial expert, 10.6 what?)

5 A ‘right to cancel’ section explaining details will be sent later….No details ever received. QuoteOnce you sign this agreement, you will have a short time to cancel it. Exact details of how and when you can do this will be sent to you by post by us

6 Several references to ‘sharing info’ with other organisations including CRA’s (I am going to look back to earlier references to this in the HUGE CCA thread (somewhere about page 110 I think), as I remember reading something about this not being correct.

I know the important points are included, I am just wondering if anyone has any thought as to the merits of continuing the ‘discussion’ with the DCA regarding the rest. I am picking up speed on this, but could not put a reasoned argument in front of a judge (YET), but given a few more weeks I think I could give it a go, but obviously, it needs to be a genuine argument, and not just ‘having a go for the sake of it’. I do wonder though, if the DCA will have any idea what I am talking about if I buy some time and learn the act, will they simply let it go, or is that wishful thinking?

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Louis

Hi

Are you able to scan and post up the copy of the doc they have sent you or even photograph it and upload to your PC?

It's difficult to give an opinion without seeing the doc. Also, where did you sign this agreement, at home or on the trader's or creditor's premises?

Regards, Pam

VITAL - IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE ABOUT THE INCREASED BAILIFFS' POWERS TO BREAK INTO YOUR HOME AND USE FORCE IN ORDER TO GET YOUR GOODS THEN JOIN THE PETITION HERE:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....l#post53879 9

Anyone seeing this who wants to help by copying it to their signature please do.

I have told one of my creditors that I am no longer interested in S77/78 other than the fact that they haven't fully complied. What they have supplied has highlighted to me that they hold faulty documentation. I shall need to see the signed copy to confirm that they do hold an enforceable agreement and it is this I am now requesting. The whole 1983 Regulations is a smokescreen. This has now moved on.

I also quoted from the letter someone posted on the CCAA thread (Peterbard?) from Ian Macartney, the Consumer Minister who said

No response as yet but you could do something along similar lines

Hi,

In cases like Rinky's (and presumably yours) where the creditor is insisting that the T&C copy document they are sending is a copy of the executed agreement, AND admitting in writing that the application form is just that (an application), then they have well and truly stitched themselves up IMO, because all of the prescribed terms/other required info/statutory statements MUST be in the signature document and they will never be able to produce in court a copy of that T&C document that has been signed by the creditor and debtor! :D

I can't wait to see how they respond to your last letter in light of this! :rolleyes::cool:

Regards, Pam

VITAL - IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE ABOUT THE INCREASED BAILIFFS' POWERS TO BREAK INTO YOUR HOME AND USE FORCE IN ORDER TO GET YOUR GOODS THEN JOIN THE PETITION HERE:

Anyone seeing this who wants to help by copying it to their signature please do.

Hi all

I wonder if someone can help ME??

just been looking at an RBS loan spread across 3 pages. it looks to me like all the stuff is there

but I have signed on the last page and all the good stuff is on page 1

I suppose that it is ALL one document so it doesnt matter what page the sig box is on.

the only things on the sig page are

t&c

my sig

their sig

ppi stuff

right to cancel

cca rights to terminate etc

thats all

the copy is quite poor but could post it for thoughts

anyone ?

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

Davefirewalker, as I understand it the regs require all the key terms to be on the signature page. I read 'page' somewhere rather than 'document' but can't actually find my original source. Subsequently, on the Behemoth thread, Peter Bard told me the regs stipulate the key terms must be on the signature page. I haven't a copy of the particular regs (1983/1553 I think) to check for myself though.

Regards

Lantana

thanks will check "THE thread :-( "

Dave

Hi Dave

See the OFT doc I sent you. This is explained on Pages 7/8 in the cancellable agreements doc, starting with this:

Some terms must always be contained in the signature document as described under the heading ‘What the agreement must contain’. But any other term of the agreement can be recorded either in the signature document or in another document referred to in it.

Regards, Pam

Pam

Please excuse my delay in coming back on s62 / s63.

The definitions section of the act defines 'executed agreement' and 'unexecuted agreement' but doesn't define 'not properly executed agreement' or 'improperly-executed agreement'

However...

s62 (3) and s63 (5) say: A regulated agreement is not properly executed if the requirements of this section are not observed.

And then we have:

's65 Consequences of Improper Execution

s65 (1) An improperly-executed regulated agreement is enforceable against the debtor or hirer on an order of the court only.'

Effect of s62 / s63 and s65

If you have an improperly executed agreement because the creditor hasn't signed it then, IMHO, this is of real value if a 'court order' to enforce an agreement is different from a 'County Court Judgement'.

It would mean the creditor invites me to court seeking his CCJ, I point out to my learned friends that I was not obliged to keep to the agreement because the agreement was improperly executed. The Judge therefore orders me to keep to the terms of the agreement in future, rather than awarding a CCJ against me. And presumably I shouldn't face costs either.

That assumes the Judge accepts the creditors argument that failing to sign the agreement is no big deal - if the creditor offers such a defence. Alternatively the Judge could wipe out the debt.

Any defaults etc. should be removed.

Alternatively, once the creditor becomes aware of his breach, he could serve an executed agreement on me, then if I wasn't able to keep to that he could go for his CCJ.

Regards

Lantana

I'd say something along the lines:

I look forward to hearing from you further, but be advised you still haven't complied with my section 78 request and as such any attempt to enforce the alleged agreement will incur a fine of £2500.00.

Hi M55,

which document contains the details of the £2500 fine for attempted enforcement of an ?improperly executed/unenforceable? agreement?

I'd like to include this in some letters but want to be able to quote the chapter and verse to my 'friends' in the financial institutions

Thanks for any help

NcF

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

Cheers for that!

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

Guest Battleaxe

I always include the hard copy in my letters to my friends the Banks, to keep them focused on what they are supposed to be doing.

Hi M55,

which document contains the details of the £2500 fine for attempted enforcement of an ?improperly executed/unenforceable? agreement?

I'd like to include this in some letters but want to be able to quote the chapter and verse to my 'friends' in the financial institutions

Thanks for any help

NcF

this one looks a bit more official

http://www.cans.org.uk/index.php?id=26&tx_cans_pi1%5Bsection%5D=1&tx_cans_pi1%5Bnote%5D=16&tx_cans_pi1%5Bparagraph%5D=numbered_52

:cool: sunbathing in juan les pins de temps en temps

Guest Battleaxe

Same thing, but the Wikipedia print out is straight from Butterworth the Law Manual used by the courts

Guest louis wu
Hi

Are you able to scan and post up the copy of the doc they have sent you or even photograph it and upload to your PC?

It's difficult to give an opinion without seeing the doc. Also, where did you sign this agreement, at home or on the trader's or creditor's premises?

Regards, Pam

I have spent the last 2 hours trying to work out how to scan this page and transfer it here, and I cant do it. (Hangs head in shame:( ), I somehow managed to email it to myself (you know, like Rodney in Only Fools and Horses) without meaning to, only for it to disappear. I have asked my 5 year old for a few I.T. lessons, and I'm booked in for next Monday.

To answer the question, though, I signed at home.

Louis

Louis Wu - all you need to do is go to Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket and open up an account for yourself.

You then upload your image to photobucket - this is all very easy to do and explained clearly on photobucket.

Once the image is uploaded photobucket gives the image an IMG code - you simply copy the IMG code into the CAG forum - and bingo!

Its really easy to do - it must be cos I managed to do it! :)

PLEASE sign this petition to reduce amount of time CRAs hold your data

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/CreditRA

I HATE MBNA :evil::-x:mad::-x

Hi pam re post 360. the trouble i'm having is the terms are in the signature document....... but not on the signature "page"

is the document classed as 1 page or the whole lot ?

must look into this again... :-(

Dave

:mad: hi all have just had a reply from MBNA re CCA request

1, copy of original Sonycard/BOS application form so small it's not legible

2, copy of original Sonycard/BOS credit agreement so small it's not legible and cannot check what it actually contains

3, MBNA terms and conditions thought they should be on agreement and be Sonycard not MBNA

Will be having a visit this month from family tame legal eagle will post her comments when she has seen my thread and all letter and replies

Would be happy to have any comments.

dpick:mad:

Guest louis wu

CCF04042007_00003.jpg?t=1175769889

This was the reply to my CCA request made to DCA

The top left hand corner is illegible, some of the customer decleration is illegible and it looks as though something has been erased next to the underlined CUSTOMER DECLERATION statement.

All fields blocked out are correctly filled in, signed and dated.

NO T&C's

2 Refernces to clauses overleaf (single sided copy)

Right to cancel box promising further letter, none supplied.

No % sign next to APR figure (very picky I know)

I signed this document at home

I have SAR'd the original lender but have some time remaining until they need to respond.

Any thoughts

Thanks

Louis

Louis

IMHO, this is a valid enforceable agreement - sorry.

I think the fact that there is no % sign is unlikely to be considered a big deal by the Judge (but I could be wrong here). Also, though you never received the cancellation letter, did you chase them up at the time? Abbey / DCA will presumably say one was sent.

Regards

Lantana

Hi pam re post 360. the trouble i'm having is the terms are in the signature document....... but not on the signature "page"

is the document classed as 1 page or the whole lot ?

must look into this again... :-(

Dave

Hi

This is a difficult one. Definitions I have found as to the meaning of 'document' suggest that it can be more than one single piece of paper and the CCA does not define it.

My opinion is that the signature should be on the same page as the prescribed terms but you might need to write to TS or OFT for their answer to this, just to be sure.

Regards, Pam