Help - offer but confused!!!

seboyle
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6260 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Help!

I have followed the procedures right to the letter regarding a claim with A&L I am now in a confused position. I recveived a letter from A&L telling me they would do nothing more to help so I drafted a letter to them saying I was gonna start court action that day – which I did – that was 1st March. I then got a phonecall last Friday (they left a msg) and when when I phoned back the fella was going home so couldn’t talk to me. During that call I told him (as I had said in my letter) I had started court proceedings. We arranged for him to phone me yesterday morning (which he did) and he offered me £1000 less than my total charges – obviously I told him NO!!!. The thing is I have now got a letter today offering my full charges but no interest or court fee (which I have paid) – what should I do? Accept the offer and lose my fee and interest or phone them and ask for them to be refunded as well? I also have some recent charges pending which have not yet been accounted for, can I ask for them too? I had a slight prob with my online application and it has taken a bit longer to sort out and is only being served now.

Please help!!!

Up to you, seboyle, but if you've already forked out for court charges they've missed the boat!

Unless anyone can offer conflicting advice, I'd say let the process play out until you get all that is now owed - this includes the court fees and interest. They've had more than sufficient time to sort this out before now.

And it's a game in which they made up the rules! We've been asking for months n months n months, why they just don't pay up and save themselves all the extra expense (especially as they know and we know that they're gonna cave). :cool: