C-M v Abbey

c-m
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5626 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I read that. So as its a preliminary hearing I basically just need to take along all the material that I have used in my allocation questionnaire i.e all though cases about trying to have Abbey's defence thrown out? Plus my bank statements and schedule of charges.

Guest louis wu

For these occaisions, it's always worth having another refresher on these

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/23993-legal-arguments-support-claim.html

It's also not unusual for Abbey not to turn up, so I can see either Abbey applying for a stay (as per this test case), or make you an offer, although it's always best to do the work just in case they call your bluff, and they do actually turn up sometimes.

louis

Judge called about 16 people into the room and told us there is a stay on the cases.

All barclays claimants had to wait outside. Barclays had sent up a barrister for some reason.

• 1 year later...

Like everyone else my claim was stayed.

I recently applied to push it through due to hardship.

I have now received a letter from Abbey offering 65% £395 of my £600+ claim. It was higher but they previously paid £370 (of £900) as part settlement.

Like everyone I could really use the money should i reject this am i likey to have to wait another year to get this resolved?

I am going to write to Abbey tomorrow asking them for more details about the offer i.e is it completely separate and in addition to the previous £370 applied to my account, and how the sum would be paid e.g by cheque or transfer to an account of my choosing.

Does anyone have any advice?