Hutchinson 3G Uk help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6275 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all i need some help with drafting a letter.

Back in september 04 i signed up for a contract with 3 and i asked what coverage 3 had in the area where i live.

The lad said within 6 months we should have 3g coverage. needless to say that as of today feb 07 we still haven t got any 3g coverage.

I ve complained to 3 numerous time and also complained to Trading Standards about it and they mentioned the Misrepresentation act and they say i was entitled to rescind the contract.

Yesterday i received a Final Demand letter from Buchanan clarks and weels asking me to pay the outstanding £112.34.

I want to write to these moorons and tell them that this account is in dispute and has been since April 2005 and i would like to resolve only with three. Could you help drafting a letter? Many thanks.

Sorry - but what it the issue here? You say there was 'no 3G coverage', are you aware when that happens service switches to O2* where the bulk of the services - except video calling and fast data.

If you hope to recind the contract due to non 3G coverage, this will not happen. If there was no 2G/3G coverage where you needed it most, why did you not repudiate the contract at the time it was taken?

Trading Standards are talking nonsense, and Buchanan are simply wanting the money you agreed to pay but did not. You can dispute the account, but if it is on the reasons you have givem, that'll be thown out quite speedily.

NO UK network provides seamless 3G coverage, and all phones on all networks drop back to GSM (2G) when coverage stops - usually outside the main urban areas.

*Changing to Orange

hi buzby and thanks for the answer i feel peed off as the stupid lad at the 3 store said that 3g coverage was going to be available within 6 months. i have used the phone for 7 months roaming on a 2g signal(it was roaming on o2) and the whole point getting a 3g phone was about being able of using the video calling feauture, and thats what trading standard has said.

You'll find - and this comes as a surprise to most Trading Standards staff - is that if a mobile network doesn;t even provide coverage, it is not a valid reason to recind a contract, as it always stats they will 'endeavour' to have a network available, it's not a requirement!

I agree with your sentiments, if you bought 3G, obviously you WANT 3G - and if I had £1 for every coverage promise Ihad, I could have retired!

• 2 weeks later...
I agree with your sentiments, if you bought 3G, obviously you WANT 3G

Most people buy 3G because the phone they get happens to be a 3G handset.

Or they go for a cheap deal on the 3 network. Or they pass a credit check for 3 and were declined elsewhere.

People who actually want to use 3G services are a minority.

Having said that, if you asked about it then presumably you had an interest.

Halifax (current accounts, credit card, old mortgage, secured loan)

thread here

MBNA (three credit cards)

thread here

firstdirect (a current account, two mortgage accounts, old loans, old credit card)

they've sold my current account. thread here.

Royal Mail

Claim issued by former employer Royal Mail, thread here.

I counterclaimed and won. They paid in full.

You say there was 'no 3G coverage', are you aware when that happens service switches to O2* where the bulk of the services - except video calling and fast data.

[...]

*Changing to Orange

I heard a disgruntled customer on the phone to 3 because switching from O2 to orange meant he no longer had coverage where he spent most of his time. Dunno how he got on...

Halifax (current accounts, credit card, old mortgage, secured loan)

thread here

MBNA (three credit cards)

thread here

firstdirect (a current account, two mortgage accounts, old loans, old credit card)

they've sold my current account. thread here.

Royal Mail

Claim issued by former employer Royal Mail, thread here.

I counterclaimed and won. They paid in full.

Like me - he'd find himself in a black hole, but in my case, there was no O" coverage whatsoever, and Orange was ideal! Then, the building Orange had the BTS on was to be demolished, so they relocated it, and no I no longer have service from Orange 2 or 3G, and O2 has erected a monopole just a few 100 yards away.... and 3UK's not going to use it. Sheesh!