You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Hello all,  During the pandemic, we all have a duty to help one another, but i feel that the current Price gouging policy of all the main public sellers such as ebay and amazon to name the biggest are actually keeping the ppe prices artificially high. and i tell you why. pressure from bodies such as which and the trading standards in the early days to cut the price gouging listings on these platforms, has back fired!! This has now lead to a select club! being the Approved traders, as  the only listings allowed to list certain ppe items, this has created a club that with ebays trending structure is keeping the prices high, i have been at logger heads with ebay about this, they are using this policy to rip off the public, after all they take a percentage commission on every item sold. If i try to list an item of ppe much lower that the approved traders club, my listing is rejected, and the reason given is price gouging!!!, what a joke as my listing is half the price of the approved traders and ebay know this. they are worried that this will get out, as the conversations with the concierge service they tell me they are constantly revieving their policy!!!. Which needs to put pressure on these companys to change the policy to create a fairer result for the public.      
    • You might want to check your contract notice as you’ll need to be given that or given legal notice under 2 years (1 week), usually instant is for gross misconduct which this doesn’t appear to be. Again need to check contract but minimum 1 week I believe legally.   I agree they should have better processes in place but they’ve terminated you for unsatisfactory performance they can do that.   It sucks but it’s not unfair, I can see a discriminatory reason posted either so I think best bet will be to look for something new.    Most likely they need to lose heads & knowing they will have to pay contributions in August chose to lose you as you have been there less than 2 years and have very little rights as a result.
    • Just to update on this, received the anticipated reply from Packlink. Still chasing hermes every week.    
    • So I gather that you sent some parcels using DPD. They arrived in an apparently damaged state so that the items can't be used. The items were returned to you and you had to refund your customer. You are now out of pocket to the tune of the entire value of the items or at least the cost of repairs. You used DPD on some kind of account/credit system so that in principle you owe the money – but you are withholding the money because they didn't carry out their contractual obligations correctly and also they caused you loss. They are now threatening to sue you and they have sent you a letter of claim. I understand that you didn't take any photographs of the damaged parcels or of the items – on the basis that you weren't informed that that would be necessary. I understand also that you have had phone calls with them – but you probably have never recorded the courts so you have no evidence of what has been said. Is this all correct? You haven't told us what the items are and whether they are still in your possession. You haven't told us whether the damage to the items makes them a total loss or if they can be repaired. You haven't told us anything about values of the items or of the cost of repairs. We need this information. Also, I hope that you won't mind too much when I say that your failure to take photographs on the basis that nobody had told you to do it – shows a certain level of naïveté and your lack of evidence may become a problem if they do issue proceedings and you have to defend yourself. I suggest that it is axiomatic of any kind of dispute of this nature that you would start acquiring and storing evidence from the outset – and photographs are certainly going to be the minimum kind of evidence that you would require. You also haven't told us the value of the invoice sum which you are withholding. Although your post is pretty long, it seems to be pretty scant on some of the essential information. If you could please respond to these questions and then we will try to give you advice as to your position and the next step.
    • sar vanquis   sar express gifts cards.   too    
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
rosco1977

Humpty Dumpty's reply to DPA request??

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 5172 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello All

I sent a DPA request to EGG using the standard template. I sent £10 as stated in the letter. However, I received a letter from them on the 4th May asking for proof of ID.

"Identification

Any of the documents listed below may be used for this purpose:

- A bank, building society or credit card statement

- A store card or catalogue statement

- A utility bill

The document must be an original, not a photocopy, and dated within the last 3 months. It must show your full name or first initial and surname and your current address. All documentation will be returned to you. If you are unable to provide any of the above items, please attach a letter confirming your identity. This must be an original, typed on headed paper, dated within the last three months and authenticated with an official stamp if applicable. It should be from your employer, solicitor or other professional body or person."

I therefore sent them a bill for my Orange mobile phone. However, I received this back with another letter saying that they are "unable to carry out your request because you have not provided the required identification document(s).". This letter now only shows the 3 items as bullet pointed in the above statement as being acceptable forms of ID and asks me to fill out "the form" and return these items using the pre-paid envelope.

There is no form or pre-paid envelope...

I also remember seeing somewhere that the fact that my address that I am using to correspond with them is the same as the one they hold on their system for my account should infact verify that I am said person. Unfortunately I can find this thread again so can't use the advice or template that was given. I also don't have any utility bills, store cards or catalogue statements for this address and I don't want to send other banks details to them.

Any advice would be much appreciated on this matter.

On a side note is the 40 days still ticking??

Many thanks in advance

Rosco1977

Barclays (DPA sent 26/04/06) owed £2515

Egg (DPA sent 26/04/06) - Awaiting Response

MBNA (DPA sent 26/04/06) - Owed £1102

Cahoot (DPA sent 26/04/06) - Owed £1160

Unfortunately they have discovered another delaying tactic.

They can demand ID within the legislation, and the clock starts from when they receive it. The only thing I would say is if they waited more than about 10/14 days before asking for the ID, you could claim that they were trying to stall your request, and threaten that you will contact the IC.

Alan, Derby, UK.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Sorry, but I cannot deal with your case by PM - please ask questions in your own thread. If you do not get a reply within 48 hours send a PM, with a link to the relevant thread, to any Site Team Member.

DO NOT SEND QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR CLAIM TO ADMIN, or our WEBMASTER - YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A REPLY.

Advice given is purely my opinion, and is not based on any legal training.

When I contacted Egg, I always did it through their online secure messaging service. If they then request ID you have a sure fire complaint to publicise because that is then them effectively saying that they don't trust their own secure messaging system. If not strictly within the DPA surely this would be highly embarassing for them... :D

If you have found this post (or any other post) useful ensure you click on the scales in the top right of that post to give credit where credit is due.:D

DO YOU HAVE A WEBSITE AND WANT TO PROVIDE A VALUABLE LINK TO THIS FORUM ? Go to this thread:-http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=52854

As ever, with (I believe most if not) all advice given on this website, I am not qualified to give any advice and you are duly warned that any decisions are your own decisions made on your own account and no liability will be accepted for any advice followed ! Use your own judgment.

Seek advice of a qualified, insured, professional if you have any doubts.

I've just sent the following email via their Secure Messaging Service. Thanks for the advice dinghy.

Dear Ms Jenny Gordon

Further to your letter dated 10th May 2006 I am writing to you via your Secure Web Messaging service to confirm that I XXXXXXXXXXX of XXXXXXXXXX wish to confirm my identity for the purposes of my written request for a Subject Access under the Data Protection Act dated 26th April 2006.

Details on your own website state that I can use the Secure Messaging Service to request this service as quoted below.

"What products and services can I use secure messaging for?

You can communicate with us using secure messaging about all of our products and services, even ones you don't currently hold."

As the address that I require the DSIR to be sent to is the same address that you currently hold on your files in relation to my accounts, and the fact that I provided an original Orange PCS statement showing my name and the above address following your letter dated 4th May 2006, and the fact that I have responded to both your letters of inquiry for validation of identity, and the fact that I am using your own secure messaging system which verified my person at login, is more than enough validation of the fact that I am the one and the same XXXXXXXXXXXX who resides at XXXXXXXXXXXXX.

Please therefore continue with the DSIR that I submitted as requested. I am taking this email as more than satisfactory verification of my person and you have 40 days from this date,16th May 2006, with which to comply. Failure to take this email as such verification of my identity and my address will be seen as yourselves effectively saying that you don't trust your own secure messaging system, a matter with which I will happily take further.

Kind Regards

X

I'll sit and wait to see what happens!!!

It seems to have worked. The cheque I sent to egg was cashed today!!

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 5172 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you