Hedgey v NatWest **WON**

hedgey06
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5921 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I've been reading the threads/faq's/etc on this site almost every night since I became a member (still don't think I've read everything though!!) I've done my SAR ready to send to the Gogarburen address, but............ I'm really worried about sending it off and I'd really appreciate some advice.

Basically, I've had an overdraft with Natwest for years now that I pay interest on every month - it crept up while I was working part-time when the kids were younger!! Because of this, I'm really worried about what Natwest will do if I try to claim my charges off them.

:confused: Can they really try to close my account? Can they demand that I pay my overdraft off? Can they freeze my account? I don't fancy my chances of getting another bank account at the moment because of the charges that have been racking up on my account every month (e.g., 48p short for a £40 DD = loads of charges plus missed payment on credit card/other DD's = double payments plus late fees = even worse off!!!) I imagine my credit rating is roughly in the region of zilch at the moment!

I reckon I've had at least £500 of charges in the past few months alone, and I don't seem to be able to get straight with them because of this. If I claim, will they just try to make a bad situation even worse? I've already tried resolving the situation with them (e.g., turn loan into overdraft/pay extra on top of interest each month) but to no avail- they don't want to know.

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere - I'm just really confused with the whole thing to the point where I feel like I'm going round in circles!!! Hope you can help.

Cheers,

Hedgey

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Nattie, I've just read your reply with relief! Looks like I need to put a stamp on this envelope and see what happens. I'll keep you posted on here. Here goes!

Cheers,

Hedgey

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Thanks Nattie. Would I still be able to get another bank account with DD facilities on though, with the state that my Natwest account is in? Sorry if I seem totally green about this, but I honestly feel in awe of the whole process!

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Well given that you've been more helpful than my own bank I'm going to take your word for it Nattie! I've put a stamp on the envelope and sent hubby round the corner to post it before I dither around any longer.... so fingers crossed! Think this will be the best night's sleep I've had for months tonight! Thanks a lot Nattie, I'll keep you posted on progress.

Hedgey x

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

:smile: Well, thanks to the encouragement that I had from Nattie last night, the SAR has gone in. Thanks for your encouragement Nattie, 'cos I'm not sure I'd have had the guts on my own!

The other half thought better (at the last moment!) and decided to send it recorded delivery today rather than posting it off last night! So hopefully the guy up in Gogarburen (right spelling???) should be receiving my little letter tomorrow.

After reading through some of the other threads, I'm now looking forward to a few cosy nights in working out my charges (plus interest!) at some time in the near future. With copious amounts of red wine to help me along I imagine!!!!

I'll post my progress as it goes on (and on....... and on???!!!). Look forward to hearing from you folks soon.

Cheers,

Hedgey

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Natttie, you're an absolute star. I was seriously about to call it a day until last night. I'll keep you posted on my 'killing' when it comes!

Not sure if it was Napolean (?) who said "the plan is nothing, the planning is everything" (????....... or thereabouts!), but CAG is definitely the place to get the planning in place. I've emailed all my friends and colleagues today, so hopefully a lot more members will be online soon!

Here's to Nattie and CAG :smile: ....... and to getting our confidence back!!!!

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

• 2 weeks later...

Yippee!!!!!!!! Two tatty brown envelopes delivered this morning containing 6 years worth of statements. I was only at home 'cos one of my twins is off school sick! At a glance, seems most of my charges have been applied during last 18 months (not been a great time lately!). So........... I'm off to tot them up! ;-)

See you later everyone!

Hedgey x

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Thanks Parkvale and Fendy - two truly inspirational Caggers! I've got to say.......... how vindicated do I feel right now? VERY vindicated!!!! :D I've been told by Mrs. Rude at Nasty West that I have continuously run my account poorly for several years - only to find that............. no I haven't (so there!!!!)

My statements clearly show that nearly all of my charges were racked on during the past 18 months despite the fact I've pleaded for breathing space on the charges issue with them (hubby was ill and on half pay from work). Charges come to £1,105 (peanuts compared to many claims on here I know!). However, a little understanding from the bank that claims to have 'another way' would have gone a long way to avoiding certain financial cock-ups.

So............... give me my money back......... now!!!!!!!!!, cos I'm about to join the ranks of fellow esteemed Caggers by claiming my cash back. Here we go folks. :D:D:D

p.s., soz for the late post......... sometimes I hate being a community worker!!!!!!!!!!!

p.p.s., where's Nattie???????????

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Hi guys - think there's a good chance I may be going mad :mad: (not angry mad - but was the only 'mad' smilie I could find!) Done my spreadsheet - finally. But can't quite work something out (???) If I get charged an unarranged borrowing fee on a certain date, don't I have to have incurred a charge (e.g., paid referral/unpaid DD) or have gone over my O/D somewhere along the line?

Got loads of unarranged borrowing fees on the copy statements but no actual reasons for them. Just as an example, had a UBF of £14 on 30/04/2003 but hadn't had an actual charge since 08/02/2002. Please tell me there's a logical explanation for this and that I can't see it 'cos I'm tired and grumpy!!!! Hope someone can help xxx

:confused:

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Thanks Fendy - at least I'm not going mad then??!! :grin:

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Not so fast Nattie! Am querying it 'cos I didn't go over my overdraft (not even by a penny!) and didn't get any paid referrals/unpaid DD's or anything. Just got the charges :confused: Wondered (as I'm inclined to to do!) if there are some actual charges missing from the copy statements? I know I'm slightly mad, but don't think I'm a fully fledged butterfly catcher (yet!!) Darn it!!!

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Fendy, why aren't I thinking as straight as you are?? Think I'm having a blonde week - and wouldn't mind but I'm a brunette!!! I'll give Mrs. Rude at Nasty West a little tinkle. Thanks Fendy, you're a star, and Nattie.......... you can take a bow, given that you're not just a star - you're the coolest guy on the site! x :p

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Hmmm.... was you listening in on my telephone conversation today Nattie? That's exactly the explanation I was given today! Feel a bit of a prat actually, as if you look at the statements closely enough, it does add up in the end. I'm just off to wash the egg off my face!!! :D

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Ha ha! Think I'd be better off in the bear garden this week ............. DARN IT!!!!!!!!! :D

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Hey Fendy, thanks for the support 'cos I felt such a muppet last night! I'm with you all the way on your Friday night plans............. bottle of wine, chicken jalfreizi, mushroom pilau rice and some keema naan. B*gger the diet - there's always next week!!!!!!!! xxxxx:p

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Hey fendy, I'm just about to join you with the red wine - but not sure even a full bottle of the stuff will do the trick tonight. Hope he/she comes back online soon 'cos they obviously need some mega support. I feel sick to the bottom of my stomach at the thought lori might do what he/she said. Keep that wine flowing fendy, i'm right with you honey. xxx xxx

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Ha ha ha....... you've obviously met my hubbie Fendy!!! Totally agree with you on the competitive, alpha male, testosterone theory - but that's why women are so fab isn't it? We let them think they're the bestest at everything!!! I'd love some snow too - trouble is, by the time it hits Manchester it's turned to yucky dirty slush that not even hubbies can play in!!! Then again, suppose I could challenge him to build a snowman in the slush........... whilst me and the kids sit inside with our hot choccies laughing our socks off at him!!!!!!!! :D

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Woo hoo! Hey guys - happy mothers day to us!!!! Fendy, we've got hail too - right freezing cold stuff it is 'an all! Can't believe you got up so early honey, what was you thinking about? You win the prize for absolute super trooper of the day - up at 7.30 on a Sunday morning that happens to be mother's day and with a hangover!!! I'm off to cook sunday lunch for hubbie and the kids (yes I thought there was something not right in that too!!!) Never mind, we'll get our reward one day! See ya later xxxxxxxxxxx

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Hey guys........ can't believe one of you got snow and got sun. Me? I got hail and slush - let's hear it for Manchester. Boo!!!!!! Just managed to get a bit of time to myself, been 'mothers dayed' to death an' I've had enough now! Leave me alone!!!!!!! I used to work over your way Fendy - Pudsey to be exact! Fabulous place and lovely people!! And mortee, stick with me girl.......... skint's my middle name! Do you know what though? Since I've found CAG, being skint doesn't really bother me as much as it used to. Cos I've got brilliant new 'virtual' pals who know the meaning of everything! let's hear it for us! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy!!!! (yes girls, had a little glass of mother's day red!!!!) xxx

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I will also agree that now I have found this site those litte charging exercises from Natwest no longer give me the sleepless nights that I used to get, thanks for all the help so far CAG and friends!

Yaaaaaaaayyyy!!! What did we do before we found this place? Sleepless nights, daytime worries, scared of buying shopping in case the charges would be more than the food. Thank god for this place!!! Luvvin' the support we give each other on here ......... it's better than I could have believed!!! xxx

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

You too sammy xxx

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Woo! I take my hat off to you lot (or I would if I wore one!!!) My head was banging this morning - it was all I could do to read the posts let alone listen to the keyboard noise whilst replying!!! How poo was that game last night? We were all here - family and friends - rather sloshed cos we met quite early :D and ready to cheer them on. Alas, twas not to be............ cos they were rubbish!!!!!!!!! And Caz and Fendy............ can't believe you're ogling the footie players now instead of Nattie - poor man won't know whether he's coming or going with you two!!!!!!!! Moi? I'm just ogling the hubby who's promised to cook sunday lunch in return for me running around like a proper eejit yesterday getting ready for last night! He'd better make me a bacon butty first though ................. I'm starving!!!! Seez ya later gang!!! xxxx :p

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Hmmmmmmm but Hedgey if you didn't have your hubby to ogle who would it be ( nudge nudge ) come on spill the beans is it tall dark and handsome? your not getting out of it that easy:p xxxxx have a lovely lunch

Can't believe how naughty you guys have been today. I leave you alone for a few hours to chill out, have some lunch, sip a glass of red, and what do I find....................... wanton debauchery at every turn!!! Shameful!!!! Anyway, let me tell you - if we're divulging fanciable blokes, I've gotta say......... and don't tell my hubby, even though I reckon he knows!...... Samuel L Jackson just totally and utterly floats my boat like there's no tomorrow!!! He's got the best voice, the best bum, the best legs and (if you really wanna know) I bet he's a right filthy bu*ger!!! Whoops! Soz - it's sunday isn't it? (5 hail mary's for me 'eh girls!!!!) xxxx

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Hay-hay Fendy............ a fellow woman with a bit of class!!!! Must try and find me a piccie of him to post on here - that'll keep the evenings warm!!!!! It needs to be one that show his thighs as well though. Now.......... where can I find me one of those...........!!!!!!! ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Oooooo!!! one of him in cycling shorts purleaaaaaase!!:D Or maybe a Borat stylee swimming costume Lol!!

ooooooooh caz, and I thought you was such a classy bird an' all!!! Bit like what I is 'eh!!!!!!!!!!! :grin:

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***