• Tweets

• She's an only child and he as a brother and sister. He has no will and we have done a check on this to find out if he had left one and nothing has come up. He has savings of around 28k His sister and brother are well off so 28k is nothing to them and aren't interested in his money. This just leaves my wife/his daughter. Would this still need to go to probate there is no estate e.g house or business to sell and the amount left in his bank is just small? When his wife died they just closed her bank account and moved her money across to his account and we just assumed that once my wife has handed in the death certificate and shown evidence of who she is the same would apply to her? We don't know yet the council have only just written to us today with a guide of what to do next.  
    • Did your FiL leave a Will and if so who is the Executor? Strictly speaking banks could refuse to take instructions until Probate is granted but In practice I would expect the bank to take instructions to cancel the DD if the Executor presents the death certificate and a certified copy of the Will
    • Hi   Sorry I probably wasn't clear enough. He had lived in the flat until December 2022 with Dementia by this time it was unsafe for him to have capacity to live on his own and he had to move into a nursing home. We had left it too late to apply for power of attorney so approached a solicitor in March last year for Deputyship. We were still in the process of dealing with it by May 2024. He passed away a few weeks ago and the solicitor was contacted to halt the application and we will just pay the fees of what work he has done up until now. My wife was the named person on her dads bank account but we didn't have the ability to alter any direct debits hence the reasons for applying for Deputyship as we were having problems trying to stop some payments coming out of his account Eon being another difficult company. We kept his flat on from December 2022 - August 2023. it was at this point I contacted Sancutary housing to inform them he was no longer living in the flat, it had been cleared out and was ready for a new tenant and that he had Dementia and had moved into a nursing home December 2022 and explained the reasons why we kept it on. As the named person to speak on his behalf I asked them what proof they needed in order to give notice on the flat e.g proof of dementia and proof that he was living in a nursing home and anything else they wanted. The lady in the upstairs flat and some of the other residence in the street had asked about him and we had told them he had moved into a nursing home. The lady in the upstairs flat wanted his flat for medical reasons so asked us once we had given notice could be let her know and she'll ask them if she can have it. We explained the difficulties and it was left at that but I did tell her I would let her know once notice was given. I contacted the company by email a number of times and also telephone conversations and nobody followed it up and it wasn't till the end of February this year that the housing manager for the area wrote to our home address to ask about him that he had been to the flat a couple of times and nobody answered and he had asked some of the residence in the street and they hadn't seen him for sometime. There was an email address on the letter so I contacted him and copied in the last 2 emails I sent Sanctuary regarding me wanting to give notice on the flat for at least 9 months explaining that it went ignored as well as telephone calls. I also stated I wanted to have his rent payments returned from the date I wanted to give notice which was from August 2023 as the bank wouldn't let us stop the DD without POT or deputyship explaining we were in the process of Deputyship. He gave some excuse about not having POT to cancel on his behalf and spoke to someone in HR and said he would contact the nursing home to confirm he was there with Dementia and if it all checks out we can give notice on the flat which came to an end on the 22 March 2024. There was not mention of back payments for the rent already paid or the fact I had asked to give notice in August 2023. Despite someone living in the flat from 1st April they continue to take DD payments for the flat and have taken another 2 payments of £501. another concerning thing despite Eon not allowing us to cancel the DD to his account the lady upstairs informed Eon that she was moving into the flat February 2024 and Eon refunding the account to his bank and said in an email sorry you are leaving us and canceled his account. Something they wouldn't let us do but a stranger. She also changed her bank account to his address despite the fact notice hadn't been given on the flat yet. So we need to find out how much information Sanctuary actually had for her to tell her power company she was moving into the flat in February despite the housing manager only just getting in contact to find out where he was. So a complaint is going into Eon and Sanctuary and we are going to take advice and ask the bank to charge back the rent. My wife hasn't taken the death certificate to the bank yet to inform them of his passing.  
    • Yes, I believe the Starbucks was closed at the time the car was parked there 
    • hi lolerz many thanks for your reply and help. My 2 months has passed i was waiting until the court proceedings started. As i went through this process not that long ago, i shall look back at my old thread for how to respond. Ill get the docs scanned soon thanks.    
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Information on Cabot

pmhcfc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4706 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Full of ingenuity with a name like KMC Towers - who's he think he's fooling?:D

I'd like to believe there's a serious side to the questions being asked though.

Might it be that there is some interest in the fact the Cabot Fan Club are beginning to make their presence felt?

Letters certainly have been sent to DCA's from the Fan Club to my knowledge so there is credibility in his/her post.

I think for the avoidance of any doubt the Debt Collection Industry should be aware that the Cabot Fan Club will not be restricted to Cabot alone. If you want to know what the ' mandate ' is I'm afraid you'll have to sit back and wait, but suffice it to say, and I have said it in many, many posts going back 9 months or more that my personal objective is to clean up this industry from the coalface to the surface and as long as the management of these companies continue to instruct their staff to flout the laws of the land, continue to mis-train, abuse debtors rights ( whether accompanied by the duties or not :D ) fail to allow humility and respect at a time when people are often in dire circumstances, harass when the laws state they cannot, have no documentation to support the alleged debt they chase, continue to buy old debt and harass when the account is statute barred, then they will be visited by the likes of The Cabot Fan Club and ALL the DCA's with debtors accounts that raise their heads on this forum or in a whole range of other forums, will find themselves deluged with CCA requests, S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)/Data Protection Act requests, Letters to respond to from Information Commissioners, Trading Standards followed by legal challenges to bring them into line. This will be done by providing the debtor with the tools to do it, a simple DIY and all the backup they need. I will also be looking for these bloodsucking organisations to put something back into the communities from which they survive, such as sizable donations to Debt Charities who struggle to help so many in debt for one. ( I spoke to a charity yesterday who had, through her knowledge, saved a person over £87,000 because of a mis-sold product and where the debtor had had his house repossessed. She did it for free, she got nothing in return as this debtor was on his knees having lost house, wife and family (not in that order!) over debt and non should have happened but for the aggressiveness of Debt Collectors).

I RESPECT the fact that sadly the Debt Collection business is going to be with us and that they have a responsible and necessary job to do. ALL I want is for them, like any other business or service TO ABIDE BY THE LAW

Can someone send me an application form to join this Fan Club? Do I qualify?

KMC Towers, I hope this gives you an insight? Not a mandate but a jist of what is to come and if you are working for a DCA and are in touch in some way or another with the CSA of which Herr Maynard presides and the inner circles of the Credit/Debt collection industry may I suggest you spread the word because if you don't see the Cabot Fan Club over the right shoulder, it will sure as hell be over the left...

Sarah

PS. Seahorse - it wasn't me - honest! :D

• Haha 1

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Subscribing.

Good to have you on board Rory but to subscribe just hit the ' Thread Tools' button at the top of the posts and click ' Subscribe to this thread' - otherwise the threads will have hundreds of these 'subscribing posts all over them.

Sarah

• 2 weeks later...
Newsflash:

I read with interest that there's a possibility that Cabot may be using (or may be intending to use) 'Lie detection software' when on the phone to customers.. Check this report out on this link > Cautious tone on lie detector software - vnunet.com If you do ever speak to Cabot on the phone, make sure they know you're aware of the RIPA 2000

RIPA 2000 as in RIPPA OFF CONSUMERS EH? :D

• 1 month later...

Bloody hell, I get up at some unearthly time in the morning to mosey about the forum and this is the first time I have ever found this thread on Cabot and it's already 80 odd posts long :o Why didn't someone tell me? Am I being excluded from the Fan Club? :evil: Are you open to donations - Can I play too? :D Wahoooo! here I come :D :D

Cabot's 'Spanish' company

Debt recovery with quality and commitment

Oh come on you're boring me - lets post something useful shall we? All this professionalism is getting to me. Once signor Maynard is out there its gonna go belly up anyway.

What shall we put? a few sales agreements perhaps, an Irish MBNA DOA? A few blogs of their staff - a few names perhaps - lets spice it up a bit... who's next?

What about the fact that the Debt Buyers and Sellers Group have a member who never buy or sell debt amongst them :o - who? Cabot Financial (Europe) Ltd and who is the chief exec at DBSG at present ? Ah, Kenny Maynard himself..credit controller extrordinaire. :D

Two things here pmhcfc, First is I owe the man an apology - I almost can't bring myself to do it, but being the principled old dear I am - here it comes:

1st) Mr Maynard I said you never give to Charity cos it says so in your accounts that £0 went to charity. So I take it back, Helen Rollason was a great gal. Good to see you doing some good for once. There's a few debt counselling charities that could also do with some, but I take this as a good start.

2nd) Why the feck do you have to spoil it by promoting the low life company Cabot is by using this photocall to promote Cabot, its expansion and all the dross and misery your company generates for the 'customers' by making it sound glamorous and like it's a useful company like manufacturing that is expanding and doing something for the community? Don't you see stress is the biggest cause of Cancer this country has and Cabot are causing more stress and misery than any other dca out there?

Fire F.I.R.E or fire . Call it who you will , it's still Cabot ..

FIRE - About FIRE

I take it you are referring to Financial Investigations and Recoveries (Europe)Limited pmhcfc. You mean those who don't show any staff wages in their accounts like the other Cabot Financial(UK)Ltd so obviously another day trip for Messrs Maynard Crawford & Randall to travel and do all the work all the way up to Rugby is it? :D You had better get up there you three and make sure it's running in order cos the Fan Clubs gonna be all over it like a rash :D

Cheeky feckers don't even answer the phone with "Hello FIRE, how can I help" .. They just ask you for your reference number immediately.. Hmmm, if they are registered as dormant, and they have no staff working for them, how can they answer the phone number given to call them ?

Does this need reporting to companies house ?

No....they are not Dormant...they do lots and lots of work and their accounts show that, it just says they don't have any paid staff so poor ole Deano got no-one to talk to until the three Muskateers arrive :D

We are finding all sorts of people who have had their Data passed by a certain company to F.I.R.E. and the Information Commissioner is going to be sooooooo pleased with us for letting him know.:D:p :p

Ok, Ok - I admit to being bored - but for anyone that wants a laugh on a dismal rainy (what seems like November) day read the following quotes from KM :

Ken Maynard, Managing Director of Cabot Financial, a market leader in debt Purchase and management and a member of the CSA comments,

"Cabot has adopted a unique approach called Polite Persistence. The foundation of this approach is to build a positive and trusting relationship with the customer. The other key element in all collections activity is the safeguarding of the original lender's reputation. Cabot's approach is therefore relationship rather than transactional driven."

Mr Maynard continues, "At Cabot, we pride ourselves in treating cardholders and borrowers as customers and manage them with respect while trying to negotiate a payment plan that is effectively adhered to and is realistic".

"We achieve excellent productivity through a combination of quality information systems and collection procedures together with a highly trained and motivated team. We use state-of-the-art call centre technology and have a sophisticated IT functionality. (Like lie detection software Ken?)

Okay we all have a laugh at Kens expense don't we? - It's pretty unfair isn't it? OR IS IT????

You see the devil with Cabot is in the detail and they just don't really know their own business do they?

Kenny baby doesn't lend money to people in debt because that's just not moral or within the spirit of all those lovely laws set up especially for him and his troupe of monkeys.

BORROWERS Mr Maynard - WHAT BORROWERS ? you're the pioneers of debt purchase and Management aren't you? and.... I'll keep you waiting for this one....????

Let's buy the man a Dictionary and educate him shall we?

Soon be Christmas won't it? Let's have a CFC collection and buy the man a present - sure looks like he needs help doesn't it?

soon be another celebration day - won't it Mr Maynard:p far too long waiting for Christmas... me thinks he might get bodyguards....

Sarah xx hugs and kisses coming in your card.... Shall we all send him one on the 10th September ? " Happy birthday to you" !

And there was me thinking that the staff were of such high quality that they always recruited from within....I guess not then

CV-library.co.uk - UK jobs, Careers, Recruitment

You notice that this young lady has made the following prominent statement

"Chase Credit is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy" in her advert - very informative it is too...

Well, it would need a member of the infamous Cabot Fan Club to know ( of course we know, we are VERY CLEVER! ) that these kind of statements are not so much 'unlawful' but in typical Cabot style ( maybe she worked for them and was trained by them once) WRONG ! any fool knows that in recruitment terms a recruitment 'BUSINESS' means temporary staff recruitment and 'AGENCY' is Permanent recruitment - of course, you all knew that anyway - who's going to call up the lovely Sarah Chamberlain and tell her - ( and she is lovely I'm told ) Watch out Mr Maynard - we even know your suppliers of duff staff !) and even they don't know if you seek temporary staff or permanent, but with a 21% staff turnover I suppose you could call them temps couldn't you ? :D :D

Sarah, sometimes I think you are further up the chain in that recruitment agency than you let on. And if you are not, you bloomin well should be. Go tell the boss I said so. AND that you deserve a pay rise. ;)

I was in a high street secretarial agency for about 6 weeks about 15 yrs ago and hated it - too many ego trippers and people getting business in ways I was not prepared to go down. The blokes thought we were just in it for the 'extras'.

I have since met some very professional people in agencies, but it's not for me, I'll stick to more conventional admin role if you don't mind and looking after my kids! - I'm just like an elephant though - I don't forget. The way I knew was because we were always taught temps were business - 'monkey business' and we always used to laugh about it.

Judging by your avatar, you most certainly are.....

No offence meant... I'm sure in real life you are far different from your cartoon caricature. Probably don't run around with a heart shaped box in your hand, for one thing :D

Oh, dear. I'm just digging myself in deeper here. Sorry Sarah.

Just watch it matey, I've got some very influential friends you know :D

I don't see the harm in it, Just the trading ones yes - why the feck not? People need to begin the onslaught of CCA and SAR requests to the right companies and understand what they have to do so yes roll em out my friend.

Sarah

If you send an application to Cabot for a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act, you will invariably be sent 'Templates' of letters with dates added at the top of the page by hand stating that the system is automated and these are 'copies' of what you were sent...They are NOT copies at all, just system generated clones without any of your name,dates, account details or address. Well take a look at this little gem from TideTurner (Tides quote in blue - thank you Tide - magnificent as ever!):

"Where you have received a document which has blanks, you are entitled to make an application under Part 18 of the Civil Procedure Rules for a full copy of the document and Part 31.9 provides

31.9 (1) A party need not disclose more than one copy of a document.

(2) A copy of a document that contains a modification, obliteration or other marking or feature –

(a)on which a party intends to rely; or

(b)which adversely affects his own case or another party’s case or supports another party’s case;

shall be treated as a separate document.

(Rule 31.4 sets out the meaning of a copy of a document)

31.4 In this Part --'document' means anything in which information of any description is recorded; and

'copy', in relation to a document, means anything onto which information recorded in the document has been copied, by whatever means and whether directly or indirectly.

You can therefore make an application for a full copy of any document which has been altered, amended or has in part been obliterated.

Tide"

So there you have it - TRUE COPIES Please Kenny me ole mate!:D

(I'm enjoying this too much - gotta get a life!)

Sarah

So there's no good reason why recordings or full transcripts of phone calls wouldn't be available in a Subject Access Request.

The general correspondence to DCA's has been to get them to supply a copy of the Original agreement which 99% of them do not have. This has enabled people to challenge the fact that the DCA had the right to chase them in the first place. It has not been traditional to ask for or send a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act and this has been saved for the Original Creditor, mainly because of their charges and calculating, getting copy statements and reclaiming their charges.

However, the more and more we uncover about the DCA's and their scurrilous ways I believe it to be even more important to get the Subject Access Request out to them so that the details, as you rightly point out, of these telephone conversations. I personally have been told by Wescot staff on a Saturday morning that a bailiff would be sent around on Monday if I didn't pay there and then over the telephone. Fortunately I knew that was illegal and impossible without a County court Judgement, but how many do? If I had recorded that conversation at the time I would have thrown the book at him. His Director had a few words with him after I'd finished complaining though.

I would second your advice, I would suggest getting the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) off to both Original Creditor and the DCA along with one to the Credit Reference Bureau too. It may cost you £10 a time and deliver a few hundred sheets of paper, but believe me there will be all the ammunition you require to slam these dca's behind bars where many of them belong.