• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

pinkduchess v HSBC

pinkduchess
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5099 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Now Johnny, you've really got me confused after a bad day:confused:

I think we're both on the same wavelength, as it were, but just can't believe it was Audreygreeneyes who enlightened you as she is so correct in all her posts.:cool:

So who's Auburn?:D

Must admit the name's vaguely familiar but can't find her on the 'search' function:confused:

Mind you, if it is Audreygreeneyes who's usually doing it, then I just hope she's wearing her dark trouser suit so nobody notices;)

This thread is really taxing the old grey matter: before much longer I'll be able to understand what they say on 'Eastenders'.

See you at Freaky's party?

Best wishes.

Van

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Having got that query put forward to johnny, I'm quite happy to watch pd having a bit of the old doh-si-do with her partner (in Spanish of course) and even jowalshy on the grapevine and stripping the willow.

Wish I knew what these ancient feudal customs were. Perhaps Freaky will enlighten me?

Are they anything like Morris dancing where all the chaps go jingle-jingle when they go to the Gents' (sorry unisex restrooms)?

I'm game for mostly anything (but not daisy chains!)

See yawl there folks.

Van

Hi Lattie

Funny you should say this, as I PMd someone yesterday with an apology for the nonsense I had posted on his thread (interspersed, I hasten to add, with what I thought was sound advice).

Fortunately, he had taken it in the spirit I had intended. But in the six months I've been posting and reading I've come to realise that the forum comprises a great assortment of personalities many of which are highly vulnerable, but maybe not only through debt?

I've only lived in England for about six years after spending virtually all my working life abroad, and it constantly amazes - and sometimes shocks - me how the people have changed.

I don't think there's any problem with pinkduchess and her site, though, and I feel pete and freaky are definitely in tune.

Can't see what it's to do with Honkers and Shankers anymore - but I love it!

Wish deedee would come aboard!

Right now I'm up Effluent Creek with nary a paddle in sight so can't even accept pd's offer of specific, personal tuition.

As ever.

Van

• 2 weeks later...

Hi pd.

Gone a bit quiet around here hasn't it?

I've been without internet facilities for a week thanks to Toucan, and have now cleared about 1,500 junk messages - what a job!

In skipping through the forum was glad to see Freaky's back in action, so we might get that party after all!

Hope you are well.

As always.

Van

• 1 month later...

Hi PD

Yes, it's me. I am still alive (but only just) getting deeper and deeper into the mire as I cannot seem to get a single task completed to my satisfaction.

I don't know how the 'gang' knew it was your birthday, but here are my belated good wishes and everything of the best for the year to come.

Fondest wishes as ever,

Van

OK Freaky - let's stick to ladies' tennis from now on. All those lean, tanned legs with short skirts flipping up to reveal....oops, sorry, I meant sparkling eyes.

Clever girl PD isn't she?

Thanks for good wishes all - it's going to take six months before Mrs. Van

comes right which is why I am getting so behind with my anti-bank efforts, and reading the Bear Garden in full.

Regards to all.

Van

• Haha 1

Morning Freaky

Must have missed a post - didn't know you were on serious medication. Sorry.

Suggest we keep up a bit of light-hearted banter on here and - yes - I'd love a trip to Cuba.

Just think about it - 50 year old Chevvys tied together with duck tape, superb meals in 'illegal' private restaurants, mojitos, Cuban rum and superb medcal care.

Shall we chip in and take PD with us - she does speak the lingo after all!

Everything of the best Freaky.

Van

Lots of short snappy comments on here that go over old Van's head.

But Freaky or Pete called me young man, and made reference to prowess on the rugby field. That's the game that's played by gentlemen with egg shaped balls instead of .... oh s..t I've got it wrong again, and it's after my bedtime.

Thanks, chaps, but I've got five grandchildren (at the last count) but just love compliments (hint to PD) and NO Freaky, she would never go near a prison in Cuba.

She would act as interpreter for us, order the mojitos, find us the best bars and restaurants and I reckon we would all have a darned good time.

Seriously though, I am intrigued by a meeting. Bit like an Agatha Christie thriller. None of us know much aboput each other or, indeed, where we live except that Jailbird's in Preston and I'm in the West Midlands.

Obviously a place would have to be booked for lunch with place settings: wonder what you all look like?

Am pretty sure PD doesn't actuaslly have a sparkling pink eye and, for your information, I don't (hopefully) look like Richard Wagner.

Best wishes.

Van

Oh no PD - you can't do this to me!

Green eyes like Kate Moss? And purrrrrring like a pussy cat as you sit on my lap?

I had a lovely one once - Magnificat (aka Miffy) was her name. She loved our dachshunds and they loved her but unfortunately Fergie (Mrs. Van's Great Dane) was, er, not so friendly.

Here's hoping (but I'll probably wear a blazer)

Regards.

Van

• 1 month later...

Hi PD

Just thought I would let you know I am still alive (though only just) having hit rock bottom.

I've done nothing more about my claim and seem incapable of doing so. The stress of looking after my wife is becoming almost unbearable. I would give anything for an uninterrupted day at the computer to deal with matters that are piling up, but can never do so. There are always 'other things' to do, or a period of silence telling me in my neurotic state to investigate how my wife is coping.

With the stress I've dumped my in box into the deleted box and must now go through them one by one before clearing 1,300 incoming e-mails from Onetel which have accumulated since the beginning of December. Nearly all junk and spam of course, but it seems my password changed itself to 123456!

My wife is deteriorating day by day with no aftercare seemingly available.

I realise this should be a PM but, quite honestly, can't bring myself to do it.

I'm not looking for sympathy, but just wanted to let you know I was still around.

As ever...

Van

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's a strange feeling knowing, and believing, there are genuine friends willing to help but not having a clue what they look like, in some cases where they live, how old they are etc. etc.

Obviously I am referring to you Chris, johnnymitch and of course, as ever Pete (who I assume has a Chinese connection of some sort!) and my beloved Duchess. You really are wonderful folk and have got me to move my rear end and, as a first step, clear the junk from the computer.

We saw a couple from Social Services today, Chris, who have put us in touch with the local council's welfare help department and they seem to think they might pay for someone to come and provide a few hours household help on a regular basis, but what has really got me up and running, PD, is you mention of our children.

One of them sent me a cheque for £500 (plus £200 cash for mum) and First Direct took the £500, sat on it for a couple of days and then wrote to say that almost cleared my overdraft except for my "arrangement fees" of £200 so they are closing my account, demanding all unused cheques, bank card etc!

Oh and they also collared my wife's pension which was paid in today! She was receiving the grand total of £70 odd per month (not per week) and had just been told she had been awarded a 22 pence per week increase.

Now I'm really hopping, steaming, bloody mad at these vermin so between us we've got me going again and I don't believe (well, I hadn't used to believe) in taking prisoners. Maybe the old spirit is back!

I've just told where I stand with First Direct (account held for 5-6 years with a pretty good record); HSBC is at the DG "contact us urgently" stage as is the HSBC card.

Please, good folk, tell me whether I have left it too late to take the initiative and make the usual claims as advised, or just wait for them to sue me?

Thanks again my friends.

Van

• Haha 1

The night owls are back I see!

With all you good looking bucks around it makes me wish I was, how does one put it these PC days, alternatively gendered.

Any young Brigitte Bardot types out there?

I also see Julie Christie is back in the news - cor I fancied her!

Thanks for support - do you mind if I use your site PD? It's where I seem to meet my friends? I've never had a response to my original query on the First Direct site.

Wish I hadn't chosen Wagner as my avatur - think I'm really more Humphrey

Bogart though have been told I look like J. R. Ewing (and behave like him).

Am afraid I shall be back. Have a good weekend boys and girls.

Van

• 3 weeks later...

Howzit PD

Thanks for the welcome:D

We've had a bit of fun on here over the months haven't we, but now I really need your help and that of your friends:o

I have posted good old Pete with details of a new problem with FD, but would appreciate a bit of very specific advice re HSBC as quickly as possible.

Very briefly, Mrs. Van has had a bad setback due to lack of support from the NHS. During the first part of last week I managed to sort out a pile of - I think I've used the expression before - detritus and exigencies, and am left with the really whiffing pile.

I now only work for an hour or two at a time without having to go to care for my wife, and the phone is ringing some six or seven times a day with an 0500 number (HSBC and their ilk).

The answering machine takes over after five rings, but it is having a devastating effect on my dearly beloved (who only insisted a few months ago her name was added to our current HSBC account!)

We/I owe some £2000 on the current account, and some £4000 on an HSBC credit card. All other debts are on a DMP with CCCS and paid by regular instalment.

My daughter (plus two, shall we say 'lively', grandchildren are coming this week to give me a bit of breathing space or, to be more precise, a full day's bash at the computer.

Any suggestions to use the time to maximum effectiveness with HSBC/Metropolitan Collections/DG Solicitors would be greatly appreciated.

As ever, fondest regards to all.

Van