Toni V Abbey

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6289 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello to you all, I have had a look through some of the posts after hearing that I could claim back charges from Abbey. I had no problems until a year ago when some personal problems caused me to go over my overdraft. The charges then caused me more charges each month. Having a quick look at my account online I can see £870 just in charges over the last 4 months.

Does Abbey make a habit of closing accounts when claims are put in and will having an overdraft affect my claim?

I have requested the past 14 months of statements as I know that these will cover the worst for charges in the past 6 years.

Any advise is welcome.

Personally, I would get all 6 years of your statements, you may be as surprised as I was with regards to the amount they have taken. Having an overdraft will not affect your claim at all and as for Abbey closing accounts, I'm not sure as my claim was not with Abbey, I would advise you have a look through as many recent claims as possible and open up a parachute account just in case.

• 3 weeks later...

I have opened a new account with NatWest and have received 2 letters from Abbey. The first being the standard complaints letter and the second confirming that I have requested transaction information.

I received my duplicate statements last week and have converted them to the spreadsheet.

So far it is £1850 since Dec 2005! This does include the £350 they are taking this week.