• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

WARRENTUFF v BARCLAYS ***16k Win***

warrentuff
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6160 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

feeling rejected and neglected - is there no one out there who could give me some words of encouragement. Having a really bad day re the courts etc, in need of some TLC.

Warrentuff

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting the feeling i'm all on my tod, anyway if I am talking to myself I deserve a big pat on the back.

Phoned courts today to see if the Judge had changed anything - YES was the answer I received back He had put a stay on for 2 months, however I told the lady that before Barclays won't settle unless they have a court date. I was then told to write and state I wanted the stay lifted, which I have handed in the last 1/2 hour.

The very kind lady then stated that I will be put on the 3rd July Court hearing, as the judge is bulking them together. I have therefore phoned and left messages for Barclays to get back to me with my money!!!

Can't wait I'm so relieved its nearly all over - will keep you posted.

Hello is it me your looking for????

Well latest in the saga - I eventually got through to Barclays adn at 1st spoke to Krysta who was very nice but in turn stated Paul Quinn would be dealing with my claim. Paul phoned back and reiterated that they are settling claims as per Court date, and that as mine is the 3 July 2007 he would get back to me in 2 weeks. Why is it then that when you read other threads they act upon cases that have had a court date in AUGUST?????.

I said from the very beginning I would be singled out and it b!"£$%^%^ well feels like it at the moment. Won't anyone give me a bit of encouragement. I know we all lead busy lives, but I just think things have gone a bit static, and I really could do with a shoulder to cry on!!!:confused:

Anyone and I mean anyone can you get back to me and state that I will get my money, and help me through this stressful time.

I feel so left out it seem's barclays have replied to every one except me. I sent 3 letters to Barlclays then did the MCOL @ a cost of £120.00. On the 11th hour Barclays have put in a defence. They have not contacted me at all and now I phone the litigation dept and left a message. If anyone will get caught out in all this i feel sure it will be me. They owe me just over 2.5k inc interest. I have a new account elsewhere but am still in my overdraft at barclays (just to make sure they didnt close the account on me). does anyone have ANY words of encouragement pleaseeeee.:evil:

Come on people pull yourselves together. :D:D

You should get your money. However these are big nasty companies, who bean count everything.

Remember that this is a legal process that ends with a Court hearing - that's what you have paid your money to the court/MCOL for. If they pay out to avoid the court hearing that is a bonus.

The bottom line is that these institutions are using the judicial process to offset how much they pay out. Some people will accept low offers of payment, some will get frightened and abandon the process all together. That is what they are counting on, it means more money stays in their pockets.

My suggestion is, don't phone the banks, stick to the the time table, speak to the Court and use it all to your benefit - If the bank makes a mistake you can get judgment against them and force an early pay day (I got Crap1 with this). If they abuse the Court system, as they will, you can seek a wasted costs order after settlement.

DO NOT PANIC :):)

Good luck and stick with it ......................

There is no such thing as impossible; only the degree of difficulty required to achieve the desired outcome.

Read through the

FAQ Section.... Use these links :grin:

Like what I say show - add to my reputation (click the scales!)

My advice & opinions are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

Halicrap - Full settlement 12/06 £408.34

Crapitol 1 - Settled in Full 27/04/07 £15808-)

All & Pester - Claim served £5695 4/09, Stayed

Woolsnitch mortgage accounts - Claim served £2995 4/09, application to strike out 06/09

Lloybles - No CCA, CPR disclosure notices served.

Hi to all,

I'm panicking just like gingerninja and warrentuff, this whole thing just seems to go on and on with no luck for the likes of me. Just had the court letter saying allocation questionaire dispensed with and have frantically been reading to see what to do next. Think i,ll bury my head in the sand and accept defeat!!!:sad:

For goodness sake edale - Now I feel like the bellowing Sergeant ........... :-x You don't have to do anything, read the FAQs and numerous threads in order to prepare yourself for court bundles etc - it is most unlikely you will need them, but it'll keep you busy and stop you panicking :cool:

Its just a waiting game to see who jumps first, the banks do not want a Court hearing. If you have stuck to the procedures as detailed in the forums here there are very little weaknesses in your case.

They will want to pay out prior to a Court hearing, you just have to sit back and out wait them. Its your money that they took, be determined to get it back no matter what games they play. :D:D

Remember the members of these forums have got back over £10mil now.

Good luck to you all, shoulders back, focus and jump to it :):)

There is no such thing as impossible; only the degree of difficulty required to achieve the desired outcome.

Read through the

My advice & opinions are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

Woolsnitch mortgage accounts - Claim served £2995 4/09, application to strike out 06/09

thanks thesergeant, and others

I know you mean really well, and I fully understand the waiting game, but this past week has been such a rollercoaster. When I read other threads their's seem so straight forward, Phone barclays, (speak to the lovely Kryster and not snotty Paul who i've been assigned to), get settlement offer, send back acceptance, money in bank - WAM BAM thankyou Mam. No one told that they will be contacted 2 weeks before court date. I'm just really worried something will hit the fan, and I will fail, when others havn't. However I promise I will fall into line SIR, and be ready for full Kit inspection in less than 2 weeks.

Rookie Warrentuff

No problems, I equally realise that these things are tied in with stress and life pressures.

Not having played with Barclays yet I find it incredible that they are admitting to you on the phone that they have a system of paying out that waits for a Court date blah blah. You really need to evidence this, taking names timing phone calls etc etc.

Once they have paid out prepare a wasted costs claim against them. The Judge will really be very impressed (NOT:cool:) by the content of the phone calls, which are an admission of abusing the judicial system.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/85726-wasted-costs-order.html

Read through the

I have names and dates don't you worry!! However it would be a case of me against them would'nt?? I have spoken to Paul Quinn, who is not the kindest of persons, he always get a bit cocky in a way by stating he can not put me to the top of the pile, and am I asking to be treated special than anyone else. Of cause I always say no, and I end the phone call pretty deflated. When I spoke to the courts and they advised me that the judge had ordered a stay, I stressed that I must have a court date otherwise Barclays will not speak to me, So the courts know. But will keep em peeled.

Hi warrentuff, I am at the same stage as you with the woolwich at the moment my court date is 13th of august,I am going to phone Krysta tomorrow to see if Barclay's will settle I'll keep you posted as to the outcome of my phone I know it seems as though you are on your at times but other people are watching your thread so don't let them wear you down.

regards dylon.

Hi dylon

Many thanks for your support, it would be really interesting to see what they say to you, i'm really tempted to phone again, but would rather speak to Krysta and not Paul Quinn, I wonder if i could Quote the tel conversation in my "post#43" if they are so inundated with settlement requests why don't they get more people in. I'm really tempted to phone tomorrow too, I am due to go into hospital at the beginning of July for a major back operation, and this un due stress is really giving me jip. I might even send an email attaching the claim file, together with the orginal charges from Woolwich then they would not need to "wait" for the accounts dept to send them. what do you think?? I suspose your claim is considerably less than mine so therefore will get it quicker than me. The race is on!!!!!!! please keep me posted. Let the fun begin!!!.....

yah hoo. Received formal notication of the Court date 3/7/07:p . 15 minutes have been set aside and I have been put on a block list. However, it does not mention anywhere about the court bundle or when I should send it in, will I be noticfied at a later date?????. Also what is a prelimary hearing, does it mean like on the telly, "hearing before trial". I know it sounds abit blonde but this is the actual court date, I won't just be turning up only to be given another date, that then requires the court bundle????:confused:. also now that's it's official do you think Barclays will talk settlement.

A very happy bunny :D

Warrentuff

Panic has yet again set in - re reading the Notice of hearing and it does not state to wich track it has been allocated????

I'm worried now that this is not the actual court thingy but as I have previously stated a hearing to set a further date abd to which track to be allocated. Although it does state that Barclays have to attend.

Any wizkids out there clued up on leagal stuff!!!!!!

Panic Over - Phoned court, who explained that as the judges now know that the banks are settling the claims prior to the court date a prelim is given, it free's the court up this way.

With this in mind I thought I would give Barclays a ring - Spoke with Paul Quinn who was very pleasent for once. He stated that I should receive a letter three weeks before court date (by next Tuesday), and stated that barclays are to settle all charges together with 8%+ Court charges. GREAT NEWS I know have this agreement verbally also.

Therefore if I have not recieved anything by Tuesday I will phone again to give a little nudge. Happy day are just around the corner AT LAST!!!!!!:D.

i have been informed by the courts in writin that mine is being fast tracked and the action is stayed untill 6.7.07 and by 4pm on 20.7.07we have to both have filed a report of the negotiations. did you go through this, also i am glued to your post please keep going its a lot of help

You can write to the courts to get the stay lifted (i did), then the court will give you a court date, phone Barclays when you have received notification of your date. they will not want to go to court as the will have to state just how much it actually costs. Barclays will then be more than haapy to pay up to make you shut up (if you get my drift)!!!!:p. All it will take is for someone with a bit of guts to go the full hog and go to court, on a fast track to see if the banks can justify a £30.00 charge when it actually only cost around £2 - £3.

Phone the courts and see what they say, or better still give Barclay's a ring. Let me know the outcome. I'm sure you will be quids in.

Warrentuff.

Hi warrentuff,

Sorry I didn't reply to you yesterday as I wasn't on the pc, I did phone Krysta at Barclay's on tuesday and left a message on an answer machine and as yet hsd no reply maybe my court date is too far away, so I will email her and see if I get a reply.

Dylon.

Same day!!!!

However it is a bit hit and miss - When I phoned yesturday I noticed that Krysta has changed her voice message, now it states "if you are one of my claiments, leave name etc and I will phone you back" and if not "you will be contacted 3-2 weeks before court date. I just try every 1/2 or so @ work. Keep on trying, as I have previously said " I have verbal agreement that Barclays are settling all claims + interest + court cost 2-3 weeks before court date.

Let me know how you get on, I will be phoneing 1st thing Tuesday as it will be 3 weeks before court date.:D

Warrentuff

Thanks for the info,I will phone again tomorrow,I don't know who is dealing with my claim yet I will try and find a email address also as I don't think it will hurt.

Dylon

posted email adress to you thread.

Time for beddy byes now - sleep tight, hope you all have pleasent dreams spending all that precious money, that we are all fighting for, I know I am.

Warrentuff

How mad am I !!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Phoned Paul Quinn, who relaid all past excuses etc, I stated our conversation last week, when he stated that settlement would be 3 weeks prior to court date, he then changed his tune!!. He took my name which is a first and claim number also a 1st. Came of phone feeling pretty deflated. Worries about it for a couple of hours, then thought Sod it. I then compiled an email with a statement attached showing balances and emailed it of asking for reply by return of email by the close of business. I had to leave work @ 4:15 and there was no email. Got home and I've had an email from Paul Quinn but not my Paul Quinn stating that email had been sent to him incorrectly and that he has forwarded it on to the correct Paul Quinn!!!!!.

Tomorrow I will phone 1st thing and continue to phone until I get the answer I deserve. they have had long enough to sort this out. I work in the financial sector (not a bank), an d I know just how easy it is to sort out payments etc.

I may sound a bit desparate , but I am. I'm really fed up yet again.:mad:

Warrentuff