Banks underhand tactics to stop you

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6303 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All just read an interesting artical emailed to me by a friend.

Its from firstrung.com

"Is your bank taking you for a mug? Which uncover bank overdraft tactics

A Which? exposé has uncovered the tricks that some banks are using to deter customers who challenge their overdraft charges. And it's not only those who confront their bank that suffer....

Which? discovered that some banks are:

• Closing - and threatening to close - accounts
  • Passing accounts to debt collectors
  • Delaying requests for statements and charging too much for them
  • Delaying their responses to, or ignoring, customer letters.
  • Which? has also heard of some customers being offered personal loans or increased overdrafts in place of refunds."

This only makes me more determined.

This is so true. NW has eventually fully refunded without interest of course but put in a condition that they will make no further such refunds. They say they had credited my card. I replied saying I will only accept the refund if condition removed. They replied giving 30 days notice to close acc. but if I agreed to their conditions they won't close.

in response to the OP a lot of this is not unheard of on the site. I cannot comment on veb's circumstances but there is a multitude of reasons for closing an account and so far, not one of them is claiming charges back for NatWest.

I have answered on the quick reply section. Not sure where to add a reply. New to this I am afraid! Sorry. NW have eventually refunded in full without the interest of course. They put the money into my card acc. and put a conditon that they will make no further such refunds. I wrote saying I will only accept if the condition was removed. They replied giving me 30 and my acc. will be closed. They said if I agreed, then they would not close. I could not believe this tactic!