abbey -overdraft

DP1976
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6328 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a letter from Abbey stating that were recalling my overdraft on the 1st february 2007.

I can't afford to pay it on the first so i called them today, they said the reason was becasue i had not been crediting my account with £1000 or more for a period of 6 months. reason: poor pay and unemployment.

Anyway - I called and asked if I could reduce it on a monthly basis and the guy in the foreign call centre (to be honest i found it difficult to understand him because of his strong accent and the call took some time) said I could not do that as it wasn't an Abbey policy - therefore i would be charged for each day/month the account was overdrawn.

I said that it was abbey putting me in that situation and asked how it could be fair.

Simply he said I could do nothing but pay the overdraft by the 1st. When the first comes along I could always take out a loan with abbey and pay that off!

In one instannce Abbey are saying I can't pay monthly, then turnaround and say I can pay monthly in the form of a loan FROM Abbey.

Any opinions/views/thoughts on this and where might next might/should be would be received with grattitude.

Thank you

:confused:

Thank you, I hate being a newbie, however I got some really good advice on this problem: still open to more and everything seems to be going really well/

All I can say is that I 'm very very grateful for everyone's help and that this site is amazing!