chrissy3554 v - Yorkshire Bank

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6244 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the advice Sarah. Have downloaded the LBA template so will now complete and send recorded delivery tomorrow. Just one quick question; is it 14 days or 14 working days?

Hi Swag Bag,

As you say we really are in this 'together'! What say when we get our monies back we meet and have a celebratory drink or five?

As usual will keep all posted on the site.

Chrissy

Chris :cool:

Hi Chrissy,

Sent my LBA today recorded delivery, you may be a couple of days ahead of me now.. Hope to hear something within a aweek or so..

The drink or six sounds a good idea, but i may be to far away for that to happen, but hey ho, lets make sure we beat the Yorkshire bankers first, then it will be party time.......

Regards ..........Swag Bag.

Hi Swag Bag

Only managed to get mine posted yesterday so just about the same as yourself. We will just have to sit tight and wait now to see what other delaying tactics they use.

Chrissy

Hi All,

Sent recorded delivery on the 01.03.07 -

Advice Quality Unit =

Charges Section

Third Floor

Brunswick Point

Wade Lane

Leeds LS2 8NQ

27th February, 2007

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Dear Sir/Madam,

Ref: XXXXXXXX

ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXXXXXX

I am very disappointed that you have failed to respond positively to my letter of the 20th February, 2007

I now understand that the regime of 'fees' which you had applied to my account in relation to direct debit refusals, exceeding overdraft limits and so forth are unlawful at Common Law, Statute and recent Consumer regulations.

I would draw your attention to the terms of the contract which you agreed to at the time that I opened my account. It is an implied term of that contract that you would conduct yourselves lawfully and in a manner which complies with UK law.

I am frankly shocked that you have operated my account in this way as I had always reposed confidence in your integrity and expertise as my fiduciary.

I calculate that you have taken £4475.19 plus £1044.39 which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £5518.58. Please note the revised interest charge and total amount change, due to an error of calculation. The original amount claimed for unlawful charges remains the same as previously.

I am enclosing a revised copy of the schedule of the charges which I am claiming. I have already sent you a copy of this in my original letter of the 20th February, 2007.

I require repayment in full of this money. If you do not comply fully within 14 days then I shall begin a claim against you for the full amount plus interest plus my costs and without further notice.

Yours faithfully,

Chrissy

Have today received the following reply -

Dear Ms XXXX

Re: Reopening your complaint (Who closed it?)

I refer to your recent letter and as requested I have reopened the complaint and a further review is being undertaken.

My understanding of the further issues you have raised are as follows:

• Initial complaint not fully investigated
  • no refund of charges levied to the account

I hope to respond to your complaint shortly. I will write to you as soon as possible, once I have had the opportunity to review the above.

Please be assured that every effort is being made to bring your complaint to a satisfactory conclusion.

Yours sincerely

G Callaghan (?)

Advice Quality Unit - Charges Section

I take it this is the usual delaying tactics letter that they send out?

Can anyone advise what my next step will be please?

Regards, Chrissy

You need to give them the full 14 days before you can proceed with the next step which is starting court action.

Sarah.

Yorkshire Bank

Started Process 19th Sept 2006.

All Stages Followed.

Next Step Court!

Hearing Date 7th June 2007.

WON!!!!! 6th June 2007 :D

Frequently Asked Questions

Example Step-By-Step Instructions

Ignore the reopening complaint nonsense, YB like to use this one. It is only an internal procedure, which is fully utelised to try and confuse you. They would have you believe they are in control of the deadlines:rolleyes: , but of course its you in control - not them.

Quote:My understanding of the further issues you have raised are as follows:

• Initial complaint not fully investigated
  • no refund of charges levied to the account

Whatever YB... yawn!

Quote I hope to respond to your complaint shortly. I will write to you as soon as possible, once I have had the opportunity to review the above.

'hope'??? you've 14 days YB, end of..... oportunity or no opportunity.

Apologies if my post is moody, I'm sick of this outfit;)

No apologies required thailand. Am already thinking they are taking the 'p**s' with this. Will have another look at others posts and see if there is anything I can use for a reply.

Chrissy

No reply required hun, when the 14 days are up issue your claim.

PLEASE, even when it doesn't feel this way (I know I'm at a critical stage) you are in control, they are on the ropes - it doesn't feel that way, I know, but they are.

Don't afford them your decency - they have none. The only way to get even with this bank is to play the 'game' the way they play it.

Your claim, your timetable, your money.... Go get 'em:)

Hi chrissy3554 they usually say that they will contact you within 4 weeks with their findings. Another time consuming exercise, stick to your timescales and let them carry on with the re-opening of your complaint in the meantime.

Good luck

George

Hi Chrissy,

Just received the same letter as you, now waiting 14 days before next step, i shall be following your case closely Chrissy as i havent time to read lots of post... ( going through a bad time at the present )

Regards ....Swag Bag

Hi Swag Bag,

Not had chance to do anything with mine as yet but hopefully will process a claim over the next few days. Sorry to hear you're having a tough time at present, good luck.

Regards, Chrissy.

• 3 weeks later...