• Tweets

• Everyone knows the tories were hiding the costs - and even added 4 billion quid to the taxpayers high interest credit card to fund a chunk of the NI tax reduction - prime example - look at how much cost was hidden re the Rwanda dogwhistle -10 Billion quid     and re the handful of rebels on the benefit limit If the disasters (like the Rwanda rubbish) of Tory dogs being wagged by the extremist minority ERG tail doesn't highlight the issues .. Enlighten yourself here .. (fat chance) Sir Keir Starmer is right to show Labour rebels the door WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK Editorial: Suspending seven MPs following their rebellion over the two-child benefit cap is more than a prime minister flexing his political muscle. It is a...  
    • Trump instigated that didnt he @theoldrouge despite losing the election - and Biden mitigated as much as he could within his boundaries?   "President Donald Trump ordered a rapid withdrawal of all U.S. troops from Afghanistan and Somalia in the wake of his 2020 election loss"   “The order was for an immediate withdrawal, and it would have been catastrophic,” said Rep. Adam Kinzinger, R-Ill., one of two Republican members of the special panel. “And yet President Trump signed the order.”   Trump ordered rapid withdrawal from Afghanistan after election loss WWW.MILITARYTIMES.COM The memo was among the latest revelations from the congressional committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol building.   Although i agree that Biden should have done more to mitigate Trump driven disasters
    • ok your WS is wrong. Paragraph 16 and 17 says  you did not contract with evri but this is not true - see below  Furthermore to the eBay Powered By Packlink T&Cs that Evri is referring to, Clauses 3b and c of the T&Cs states:  (b)   Packlink is a package dispatch search engine that acts as an intermediary between its Users and Transport Agencies. Through the Website, Users can check the prices that different Transport Agencies offer for shipments and contract with the Transport Agency that best suits their needs on-line. (c)  Each User shall then enter into its own contract with the chosen Transport Agency. Packlink does not have any control over, and disclaims all liability that may arise in contracts between a User and a Transport Agency post 251 of occy thread - £844 lost    you should also add a paragraph on donough v Stevenson talking about the fact that even without contract there is still duty of care to goods and by failing to deliver this duty has been breached.   Make those changes and post it back up here and I'll check over things again
    • no we cant add the occy thing because leicster are being difficult people so we're just going to go without it for now
    • no you can email it dont worry about that. take out the index of statement of truth, just not needed
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 162 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

EVRI lost laptop

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 440 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I been reading a lot of of topics in here regarding EVRI and lost parcels, but I just need some advice if is something I can take any further or unfortunately just know that I have lost my money.

I bought a laptop (£279) via Amazon but unfortunately it broke so I asked Amazon for a refund of it, they were happy to get an EVRI courier to pick up the parcel for me, but due to other commitments, for me is better if I drop off. They agreed and they said to use EVRI and just sent them the invoice, so that same day I bought and payed £4.72 to do a next day delivery to Amazon Returns (Unfortunately I was too naive and didn’t get extra cover). Once the laptops was dropped off and printed the labels left it in my drop off parcel and left - 3 days later (Due to being Sunday and then bank holiday) I can see it has been dropped off at a Tesco Express which is a 15 minute drive from where the parcel should of had gone. I was so surprised that I tried to contact someone from EVRI (just got to the bot and it went that someone would contact me), in the meantime I called that Tesco Express, whom said that my parcel was there as well as many other Amazon Returns parcels and that they will get someone to collect it and send it back as they automatically state no-one will pick it up. Like I said, I was surprised as to how it got there, so went back to labels, and on the deliver had the address I gave but on top of that it had a postcode and Tesco written on it (I didn’t realised on the day as it was given by the shop and at no point I had that showed when I payed and I wouldn’t of had gotten this to be sent to a parcel shop). At this time I managed to find Mr De Lange email and emailed him directly  and then I got passed to the executive office , whom keep asking me to give them 24/48 hours to locate the parcel. At this point I had already called the Tesco Express where my parcel was and they have told me that the next day after being dropped, it got picked up by one of the EVRI couriers and take it and that is a recurrence problem at that Tesco as it seems that if you do a drop off, they automatically do a drop off (That is what they have told me as I wasn’t the first person calling regarding this and other people have told them).

Yesterday I got a response from one of the executives stating that they can’t longer locate the laptop and as a gesture of good will they will give me £4.72 back for my postage.

I been reading a lot of of topics in here regarding EVRI and lost parcels, but I just need some advice if is something I can take any further or unfortunately just know that I have lost my money.

I bought a laptop (£279) via Amazon but unfortunately it broke so I asked Amazon for a refund of it,

they were happy to get an EVRI courier to pick up the parcel for me, but due to other commitments, for me is better if I drop off.

They agreed and they said to use EVRI and just sent them the invoice, so that same day I bought and payed £4.72 to do a next day delivery to Amazon Returns

(Unfortunately I was too naive and didn’t get extra cover).

Once the laptops was dropped off and printed the labels left it in my drop off parcel and left - 3 days later (Due to being Sunday and then bank holiday)

I can see it has been dropped off at a Tesco Express which is a 15 minute drive from where the parcel should of had gone.

I was so surprised that I tried to contact someone from EVRI (just got to the bot and it went that someone would contact me), in the meantime I called that Tesco Express, whom said that my parcel was there as well as many other Amazon Returns parcels and that they will get someone to collect it and send it back as they automatically state no-one will pick it up.

Like I said, I was surprised as to how it got there, so went back to labels, and on the deliver had the address I gave but on top of that it had a postcode and Tesco written on it (I didn’t realised on the day as it was given by the shop and at no point I had that showed when I payed and I wouldn’t of had gotten this to be sent to a parcel shop).

At this time I managed to find Mr De Lange email and emailed him directly  and then I got passed to the executive office , whom keep asking me to give them 24/48 hours to locate the parcel. At this point I had already called the Tesco Express where my parcel was and they have told me that the next day after being dropped, it got picked up by one of the EVRI couriers and take it and that is a recurrence problem at that Tesco as it seems that if you do a drop off, they automatically do a drop off

(That is what they have told me as I wasn’t the first person calling regarding this and other people have told them).

Yesterday I got a response from one of the executives stating that they can’t longer locate the laptop and as a gesture of good will they will give me £4.72 back for my postage.

is there something I can do to take them to court?

Edited by BankFodder
Restructured to make it intelligible

Firstly, please will you not post your stories in solid blocks of text. It's difficult to read and on the small screen such as a telephone it's pretty well impossible.

Properly spaced and properly punctuated please otherwise we can't help you.

I have done my best to restructure your post but you had better check to see whether it really represents your meaning.

I see that one point you describe yourself as being naïve because you hadn't taken out insurance.

Please start off by reading as many of the stories on this sub- forum as you can – probably at least a couple of days worth – and you will soon understand the principles and you will soon understand what we have to say about the insurance requirement.

When you have done that, come back and we can proceed from there

Thank you for your quick response and sorry I wrote it in blokes.

I will read more stories, I just been hard to find someone whom had the same issue that got delivered to the wrong place (but in the labels did have that postcode) and then lost once picked up again.

I have weeks worth of emails back and forward with EVRI and they aren’t using the excuse of not using cover, but due to be in the excluded list.

Please do the reading before we go any further.

Also once you have done the reading and you understand the principles then you will probably realise that you need to give us more information but by that time you will have greater confidence about your position.

And by the way, the answer to your question is that we can definitely help you get your money back. Don't worry – but it will need some understanding in order to be confident about what you do