EVRI lost laptop

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 349 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I been reading a lot of of topics in here regarding EVRI and lost parcels, but I just need some advice if is something I can take any further or unfortunately just know that I have lost my money.

I bought a laptop (£279) via Amazon but unfortunately it broke so I asked Amazon for a refund of it, they were happy to get an EVRI courier to pick up the parcel for me, but due to other commitments, for me is better if I drop off. They agreed and they said to use EVRI and just sent them the invoice, so that same day I bought and payed £4.72 to do a next day delivery to Amazon Returns (Unfortunately I was too naive and didn’t get extra cover). Once the laptops was dropped off and printed the labels left it in my drop off parcel and left - 3 days later (Due to being Sunday and then bank holiday) I can see it has been dropped off at a Tesco Express which is a 15 minute drive from where the parcel should of had gone. I was so surprised that I tried to contact someone from EVRI (just got to the bot and it went that someone would contact me), in the meantime I called that Tesco Express, whom said that my parcel was there as well as many other Amazon Returns parcels and that they will get someone to collect it and send it back as they automatically state no-one will pick it up. Like I said, I was surprised as to how it got there, so went back to labels, and on the deliver had the address I gave but on top of that it had a postcode and Tesco written on it (I didn’t realised on the day as it was given by the shop and at no point I had that showed when I payed and I wouldn’t of had gotten this to be sent to a parcel shop). At this time I managed to find Mr De Lange email and emailed him directly  and then I got passed to the executive office , whom keep asking me to give them 24/48 hours to locate the parcel. At this point I had already called the Tesco Express where my parcel was and they have told me that the next day after being dropped, it got picked up by one of the EVRI couriers and take it and that is a recurrence problem at that Tesco as it seems that if you do a drop off, they automatically do a drop off (That is what they have told me as I wasn’t the first person calling regarding this and other people have told them).

Yesterday I got a response from one of the executives stating that they can’t longer locate the laptop and as a gesture of good will they will give me £4.72 back for my postage.

I been reading a lot of of topics in here regarding EVRI and lost parcels, but I just need some advice if is something I can take any further or unfortunately just know that I have lost my money.

I bought a laptop (£279) via Amazon but unfortunately it broke so I asked Amazon for a refund of it,

they were happy to get an EVRI courier to pick up the parcel for me, but due to other commitments, for me is better if I drop off.

They agreed and they said to use EVRI and just sent them the invoice, so that same day I bought and payed £4.72 to do a next day delivery to Amazon Returns

(Unfortunately I was too naive and didn’t get extra cover).

Once the laptops was dropped off and printed the labels left it in my drop off parcel and left - 3 days later (Due to being Sunday and then bank holiday)

I can see it has been dropped off at a Tesco Express which is a 15 minute drive from where the parcel should of had gone.

I was so surprised that I tried to contact someone from EVRI (just got to the bot and it went that someone would contact me), in the meantime I called that Tesco Express, whom said that my parcel was there as well as many other Amazon Returns parcels and that they will get someone to collect it and send it back as they automatically state no-one will pick it up.

Like I said, I was surprised as to how it got there, so went back to labels, and on the deliver had the address I gave but on top of that it had a postcode and Tesco written on it (I didn’t realised on the day as it was given by the shop and at no point I had that showed when I payed and I wouldn’t of had gotten this to be sent to a parcel shop).

At this time I managed to find Mr De Lange email and emailed him directly  and then I got passed to the executive office , whom keep asking me to give them 24/48 hours to locate the parcel. At this point I had already called the Tesco Express where my parcel was and they have told me that the next day after being dropped, it got picked up by one of the EVRI couriers and take it and that is a recurrence problem at that Tesco as it seems that if you do a drop off, they automatically do a drop off

(That is what they have told me as I wasn’t the first person calling regarding this and other people have told them).

Yesterday I got a response from one of the executives stating that they can’t longer locate the laptop and as a gesture of good will they will give me £4.72 back for my postage.

is there something I can do to take them to court?

Edited by BankFodder
Restructured to make it intelligible

Firstly, please will you not post your stories in solid blocks of text. It's difficult to read and on the small screen such as a telephone it's pretty well impossible.

Properly spaced and properly punctuated please otherwise we can't help you.

I have done my best to restructure your post but you had better check to see whether it really represents your meaning.

I see that one point you describe yourself as being naïve because you hadn't taken out insurance.

Please start off by reading as many of the stories on this sub- forum as you can – probably at least a couple of days worth – and you will soon understand the principles and you will soon understand what we have to say about the insurance requirement.

When you have done that, come back and we can proceed from there

Thank you for your quick response and sorry I wrote it in blokes.

I will read more stories, I just been hard to find someone whom had the same issue that got delivered to the wrong place (but in the labels did have that postcode) and then lost once picked up again.

I have weeks worth of emails back and forward with EVRI and they aren’t using the excuse of not using cover, but due to be in the excluded list.

Please do the reading before we go any further.

Also once you have done the reading and you understand the principles then you will probably realise that you need to give us more information but by that time you will have greater confidence about your position.

And by the way, the answer to your question is that we can definitely help you get your money back. Don't worry – but it will need some understanding in order to be confident about what you do