• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Nettyg v Hsbc ***WON***

nettyg
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5519 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

missh, i wouldn't call (unless you have recording facilities available), best to ignore him - he has several stalling tactics on the go - can't say i've seen this one to call him and giving it a claim number, i think this is a new ploy to throw you off your schedule - he is the head offering guy - but still wouldn't. just carry on with your timetable - start getting your lba in mind - to send out 14 days after the prelim - and get your spreadsheet in order - to show charges - just call them what the bank calls them - they need to be in a presentable order - oldest to newest - all the charges you are reclaiming, the spreadsheet makes it look very presentable (just don't include the 8% interest until you are filing a court claim).

netty would tell you the same only she's a lazy sod - probably still in bed!

mornin' netty!

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

was just thinking about you and how you've taken my advice to heart - you are everywhere. well, it passes the time doesn't it? you are doing fine - i saw that, where you picked up the interest rate from bong and passed it on - that's the way to do it.

just wondering where you are. sent the breakdown - waiting for the defense to get filed - when is the 28 days up? i'm really sorry that they are taking so long to offer these days - it's a bit of a misery this aq business - but, you'll get through it. i've asked bong for a tutorial so i can give out the right info at that stage as my son's claim settled just as the aq came through the post so we never had to do it. anyway - keep up the good work - just look and if you don't know either don't post or say you don't know but just want them to know you are supporting and watching. i think most people appreciate knowing they are on somebody's radar. you are on mine!

i couldn't see the dilemma - seems to start where everyone knows what's going on - maybe someone is deleting something. i'll look again.

one little thingy: when someone files an n1 instead of the mcol - the advantage is they get lots of room - so they have already sent copies of the breakdown to the courts - so when the acknow. they only need to send to dg. ok? that's a tiny detail - otherwise - super job!

mr. d seems to have done a lot of editing and with good reason if i'm reading between the lines - that's why i don't approve of using real names - even initials and amounts could be matched up if dg was really on the ball - good thing they aren't!

netty, oh netty, where are you?????????

don't know if it's waterproof - might be rubber - might bounce - just keeping it for a bargaining chip if they ever want it back - they will have to pay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

netty - new read through - try bong's thread - last page tonight, read what i'm learning about the aq stuff - just told honeygie - just in time for hers and yours - defense is now filed on hers. i'll help you both through this - it's not as bad as it looks - just got to get it right. don't you go all lightheaded on me looking at it - we will get it right, i've got it now! and who knows - might get lucky and get an offer before it has to be done!

see you tomorrow!

yes, and believe me, we were tempted. but the thought of going down for 10 years or whatever soon put a stop to it all in my mind.

if you read the earlier stuff - you missed my lightbulb moment - ignore all the other stuff on bong's thread (well, not gary's and her's but my first feeble attempts) by the last ones i understood. so, no fear, we will conquer it together - it's not that it is difficult - just somewhat complex (at least to me) and has to be right. so, as i'm telling honey - baby steps - all the way (side thought - did you ever see what about bob - a movie, so funny - but that's where i started using "baby steps". it is practically my middle name now - along with sarcastic and ironic) but back to business, just hang in there - watching that button - and playing agony aunt on here!!!!! i love it! and you are doing a great job. see you later - off to the playgroup for some really intelligent conversation and a lot of snotty noses!

and now - dare i say it, i'm hoping honey won't even need it - she's been right along with koosnaf and they got offered today - i look to thurs, frid, and sat for offers, so, if not today - fingers tightly crossed for tomorrow for honey!

stop flirting maleo - she's too old for you!!!!

morning netty! if we don't hear from honeygie today - you send her a pm, ok, hon, cuz i don't want her to think i'm bugging her - i sent her an acceptance and a rejection letter all tied up in a bow so she can pick one and fill in the blanks, i know it's down her list - as well it should be - just see if she's ok. i will, too, but i want to wait a couple of days. all mums together! worriers, the lot of us. have a good day!

so, jump on the bandwagon - don't give them time to breathe "I see you are defending the claim - have you received my breakdown", next time:

"i will be submitting my a.q. shortly (not really) - any idea how long it will take your office to deal with my claim" - then: "anything i can do to expedite your dealing with my claim" bumpity bump - get yours to the top guys - send (fax) another breakdown with a little note: just in case you need another copy of my breakdown, please attach this to my file".

whatever and whenever - let's make them sick of you and want it out of the way before the aq is due. sod this new tactic of theirs - waiting until the aq is due and not filing - make them earn their money. and when they say "it is with the client" or "there is a 2-3 week backlog in dealing with the claims" just point out that they have already had 28 days to deal with it and filing the aq will be raising your price and wouldn't they like to clear out some of the outstanding claims to make room for all the new ones coming along - with all the adverse publicity the banks are getting - they had better get prepared for more claims, not less. don't get into any arguments or negotiations with them - just quick statements - probably get voicemail anyway - but ask them to return your call - get chummy with them, guys - now you can actually do something. always polite but firm. let's get these two done, three - rooster's too - who all was in that support group - first one to the finish buys the beers!

just so you have them handy:

0121 455 2111 (Debbie)

0121 455 2701 (Rachel)

0121 455 2196 (Kate)

0121 455 2206 (Alan)

Fax 0121 455 2150

feel free to add to the list if you come up with any new ones.

here is 1 i never did know what they were - somebody try them and see if you get dg - might be the secret line........0121 455 2660!

good thing it's half term, eh, nets? my playgroup, too.