• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Nettyg v Hsbc ***WON***

nettyg
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5502 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

we should start calling this Current Stalling Letter - if you weren't backed up by this network - it would have put you off wouldn't it? so, it works - we've been saying for a long time how rude it is not to even reply - well, now they have started this month replying - and it says, we're looking into it - so, just sit tight for another couple of months while we roll around laughing at the gullibility of the great british public.

yes, stick to the timetable and you will get your money back (4 months beginning to end, roughly!)

• Haha 1

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

think you are getting ahead of yourself netty - you only sent the lba yesterday - in 14 days you will be filing your claim. you might be thinking of the small space provided for the particulars of the claim on the mcol.

it's generally not a problem. there is a template in the library to use - also, i'll send you mine by pm if you like. the particulars are very general, you'll see when i send you mine. but now is the time to go ahead and register on mcol, work your way through the address (use canada sq. found on the bottom of all those 200 statements), work up to the particulars - once you've registered with them you can pop in and out at will and just work on it. when the 14 days have passed and you have your partics the way you want them - you can answer the last couple of questions, submit and pay and it's away - very easy. so register now and poke around having a look-see to get familiar with it. look at the template and i will send you mine (can't put it here as we've been asked not to - then people don't have to join to see the info). so, just take the weekend off and then get cracking on getting the mcol polished up and ready to go in 14 days. okie-dokie?

here's the link:: 5. Money Claim On-Line (MCOL) Particulars of Claim

• Haha 1

netty, if you want to see which moderators are on-line at the moment - when you are first on the forum site, before you go to hsbc, scroll to the very bottom of the page and find current users - it tells you who is on-line at the moment - look for a name in green, they are moderators, just pick one and send them a pm.

site helpers are in pink and the really, really big guys are in red.

so you got "sod off" as opposed to "fob off" or no response. lucky you!

they must think we are really stupid!

mind you, if it weren't for this site - maybe we'd buy their crap.

then again, if it weren't for this site - you may not have even gotten this far.

treat it like a game (for the sake of your nerves!) you got the big sod off - so, like your response to any of the three

just stick to your schedule. have a good day, colin langdale - wherever you are!

nets babe, if the bank responds now it will be to an earlier letter and won't include interest or the court fee - so just reject it.

what you are waiting for now is one of two things - no acknowledgment - and you would be able to press the judgement button after 14 days from the service (issue) date or an ackowledgment, then if you are mcol, send 2 copies of breakdown to court and one to dg - details on page 2 of acknowledgment where they tick the intend to defend box.

and wait a little to ring dg to see if it's been received as that's our excuse for ringing when nothing happens closer to the 28 days.

got it?????? get your support group together for a cyber group therapy session, LOL.

fraid not!, now when you get the paperwork for the acknowledgment -know what to do? send 3 copies to the court referencing your claim number and 1 copy to dg - address on pg2 of the ack. also referencing your claim number - it will come in 3-4 days.

i just spent about an hour looking for a thread for a guy and it is just above the posts in the hsbc stuff - i'm an idiot sometimes - i'm off to bed! just thought i'd pass that along......i remember telling bong i was going to retire when i reached my 100th post - i did, for about a week and then came crawling back - because i enjoy helping people.

looks like i'll see 1000 posts by tomorrow. can't believe it! it really tickles me to see people get their offers and then their money back.

i'll stick around long enough to see you get yours netty, won't be too long!

just to clarify - the advice does get diluted from time to time, also, i forget who i've told what to, so, i'll do this for all of you guys:

when you've filed mcol - they don't have a copy of your mcol( had you filed an n1 instead, you include copies with it - so no, at this point mcol doesn't have a copy of your breakdown, that's why you are sending 3 copies to the court - the northhampton address on your acknowled. or issue papers. also, send 1 copy to dg - address on pg 2 of the acknolw.

They always seem to work their way to your claim and then ask for a breakdown (it's a stall - of course they have it), so, beat them to it and send one. on all that correspondence - reference your claim number.

also, sending it to dg - gives you a reason to call a little later on - "to be sure they have received it" this bumps you up to the top of somebody's pile, also, it ensures your claim hasn't fallen behind somebody's desk.

if you have sent the breakdown and they file their defense - i then advise lots of activity to try to get an offer before the aq is due (that will come with the aq paperwork, a transfer to local court and a copy of their defense), they normally file their defense like clockwork on the 28th day - but keep on top of the judgment button - you could get to press it. (even if you do - it could get overturned by the judge and they would allow their defense to go in - they seem to get leeway here).

now, here's a little titbit. just yesterday we saw a claim where - they forgot to enter an acknowledgment - so after 14 days from the service date - claimant presses for judgment and they must have dropped the ball on this one - because they ended up a week or so later just putting the money into the account - they paid up at acknow. stage because they didn't follow the plan. so, i'm only saying - keep your eye on the ball.

you never know with dg.

i'm rambling - but hoping to instill confidence in you who have just filed - you are getting closer to your money with every passing day.

this is the one i think: stringernicy v HSBC

• Haha 1

even after they say yes, they have it - ring back a couple of days later asking if you will be hearing from them soon or can you do anything to speed up the process or you#ll be filing your aq shortly and were hoping to avoid further costs to them and to yourself. anything to bump you to the top. the point of the exercise is to try to get an offer out of them before the aq is due - as this just means they can let it go awhile longer.

so, from the acknow. stage, send them a b reakdown - then sit tight - check mcol and on the 28th day - press for judgment or if the file defense - start the above tactics. ok?

and then you wait.

and while you are waiting - just keep looking at those new people who have had 0 or 1 or even 2 responses to their threads and give them a hand - you are well along now - their's will be mostly general getting started questions and you've already done all that - see, that's how it goes. (then you can have lots more posts and your son will call you better names!) - mine just said to me tonight, you're really into your little posting thing aren't you?, i just said, yeah, i guess i am. he thinks it's funny - of course he spends 23 hours a day on messenger and my spot or whatever it's called - he thinks i can barely manage the phone!

were you able to squeeze daily rate of interest into the particulars - if so, then you could put on dg's copy:

charges xxxxx + interest xxxx + court fee xxx = total xxxxx+ daily interest at the rate of xx per day from the date of the claim until the date the claim is paid. if you didn't squeeze them in then leave out that last line. the date of the claim is the date you filed - so, no, don't change it.

kids, who'd have 'em. eh? my two big strapping lads: grown, not flown, eat me out of house and home! but i love em!

not a mobile - was trying to answer it last week just pressing buttons and saying hello, hello, hello........

must really try harder to learn to use the mobile - that will be my goal this year - don't even mention texting - i refuse to go there!