• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

charmikjel v norwich and peterbourgh

charmikjel
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6321 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi there just a quick hello to all. I have been looking on this site for about a month now! with the help of a friend i have already sent the 1st and second leter to the N&P and am now waiting for a reply. I have decided to do this due to the fact in jan this year the N&P bounced 29 direct debits and cheques at £29.50p each due to my old employer not paying me. I was sacked for being pregnant so they didnt pay:o . I took the company in question to a tribuniral and lost due to a loop hole in the law. so this seems my only option to get some money back that im owed! lets hope that the luck of this year gets better! Has any one won against the N&P it seems from what ive read that they shut accounts i dont mind this i have another, but i would love to read a success story,

Hi, welcome to the forum.

Has any one won against the N&P

You could be the first.:D

Plenty of reading.. FAQs, step by step guide, etc.

Just follow the well-tried and tested procedures on this site and you will succeed.

Good luck.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

A bit of mutual support, then:)

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

• 2 weeks later...

hello all well a little up date for you N&P have offered 50% of my money back what amount this as im a bit stuck what to do now. I have consisered writting a letter asking for exact figure they are offering of corse this will be a thank you for your offer but im now adding intrest then applying to court for the rest. But do i contact them :confused: before doing the court papers as i do not know actual amount they offering but need this for claim forms :?: x charmikjel x

hello all well a little up date for you N&P have offered 50% of my money back what amount this as im a bit stuck what to do now. I have consisered writting a letter asking for exact figure they are offering of corse this will be a thank you for your offer but im now adding intrest then applying to court for the rest. But do i contact them :confused: before doing the court papers as i do not know actual amount they offering but need this for claim forms :?: x charmikjel x

hello all well a little up date for you N&P have offered 50% of my money back what amount this as im a bit stuck what to do now. I have consisered writting a letter asking for exact figure they are offering of corse this will be a thank you for your offer but im now adding intrest then applying to court for the rest. But do i contact them :confused: before doing the court papers as i do not know actual amount they offering but need this for claim forms :idea: x charmikjel x

user_online.gifreputation.gif vbrep_register("416084") report.gif

hi can anyone help on this one i have sent a letter accepting the 50% as a parcial settlement but what do i do next?

Also i paid in some funds in to my account yesterday before 12 midday to cover some cheques due to clear today there was enough funds in the account to cover these but N&P BOUNCED them when i phoned today to find out why i was told that it should have been paid in 24hrs prior *IT WAS* can i add these charges??? and can banks do that even though it was cash and it was availble to draw on when i checked account last night. Happy christmas to all charmikjel:)

hi regarding

i'm still not sure what you meant when you said you dont know how much you are claiming...could you explain please?:-)

hi i know how much im claiming for sorry i didnt make it very clear what it was is that the reply stated that he did not agree with all chgarges that i put down and he had come to a different amount but did not state what this amount was that he came to. I have gone back over my statements and double checked and stated in my reply the amount i came to and that i would be going on that amount.

regards charmikjel

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone one hope you all had a nice christmas!:)

Well i have just back from the lowestoft court after putting in the court papers very scared now really do not want to go to court :(. Lets hope Mr N&P are feeling nice with the new year approaching and decide not to file a defence as i SCARED!!!!!!!!!!!

well what can i say!!!! ( well acyually i cant say what i think as it has a lot f's in) On recipt of an offer of the full balance I decided to phone Mr bullok to see if i could tell him a few rules on shuting my account this was on wednesday i was told they have noted my concerns and would contact me by midday today friday with an answer. On wednresday they said i would be able to keep the accout if i sighned a confidentialyity agreement but when i decided that i would beat them to it and phone them at 9am today:D . That as they recived the court papers today that i now cannot keep my account and that if i withdraw my claim today they will pay full refund + intrest and court fees in to my account with in 7 days:eek: . Hmmmm dont think so some how i told them i would phone them back within the hour with my answer. So i did after posting on here for a little advice, was advised to say to them actually i want the money paid in to my account in full cleared funds then would cancel claim the lady on the phone Sue something or another didnt seem impressed ( s**t happens). Also told her that i would not be sighning any confidentiality agreement. She informed me a letter would go out in the post today with the offer of propsal as they would like this delt with asap. (me to :D ).

So guess who will be stalking mr postman in the morning will let you know what it says .

Hi all, this is my first post. I have been reading around here for a while and found this thread helpfull. Im pleased to hear that N+P have offerd a full refund and reinstated your account. I am in exactly the same situation as you were and would apreciate any advice you may have.

I have sent N+P the first and second letters and they have offerd me the old 50% refund and wil be closing my aco**** on the 30th of january.

I have been worried about going to court if i file a claim but after reading this thread I'm going to do it. These scun bag can't get away with this!

charmikjel would you be able to advice me on the actions you took to keep your account open and recieve the full refund after the first and second letters were sent?

Many thanks.

P.S

I will be donating to this site when its all settled.

Ok i stalked the postman not bad he turned up at 9.32am saturday the 6th january 2007. must be his new years resalution to get his butt out of bed early as he dont usually dont come till 1pm ish!!! This is what the letter said.

Dear mrs ******

I am writting to confirm the details of our telephone conversations on the 5th january 2007.

YOu informed me that you would not be willing to withdraw the claim untill you have recived the ex-gratia payment as cleared funds in to your account.

Purely so as not to prolong a resolution to your complaint the society agrees to make an ex-gratia payment to you prior to you withdrawing the claim,provided that we receive your sighned acceptance agreeing to withdraw your claim immediately cleared funds are recived. such payment would be without addmission by the society.

yours sincerely

susan price

Then on back of letter it ask me to sign agree for payment to go in to my account. ( let me think about that one mmmmmm its my money i think i agree lol)

This letter was back in the post special delivery by 10.30am on same day.

So lets see how quick they put the payment in to account as they are quick enough to take it out lol.:D