Hermes 'lost' my iPhone I sold to a buyer on eBay.

DJU
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1251 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys! 

"Hermes lost my parcel worth £250"

I sold an iPhone to someone on eBay Tuesday 10/11/20 for £250, I dropped it off that evening to my local parcel locker. I received a tracking update the following day saying Hermes had collected the parcel from the locker. 

Since this there has been no further updates and I have an email from Hermes admitting they have lost my item and I should fill out a claim form.

I didn't take out any insurance it was just a standard delivery but I paid extra for it to be a signed delivery. 

So far we have reported the phone as stolen to the police and I am awaiting my Hermes claim form to be looked into but I know I am not going to get back more than £20 regardless. 

I have done a good few days of research on here and also on the Hermes Facebook group, but I would like some advice on my next steps please. 

Kind regards, Daniel 

I used Hermes directly to send the package, I only filled out the claim form yesterday so will wait until 2 weeks time to progress.

This is all new to me but I am slowly learning the process and appreciate your help. 

Kind regards, Dan 

The phone was reported as stolen with the police today (online form) so hopefully they will blacklist the phone. 

I did declare with Hermes that it was an iPhone and I did also declare it was £250 and that's exactly what I sold it for on eBay. 

• Like 1

little update for you guys, have been in contact with Tesco mobile and they have blocked the phone for us. 

On 19/11/2020 at 20:58, DJU said:

How do I go about blacklisting the phone? I have tried to research this as I have the IMEI number but still none the wiser. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...