• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

OPS/gladstone PCN PAPLOC now claimform - <10mins CCTV passenger leaving car - Broadwater Street West, Worthing

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1238 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not sure that DX100uk sent the correct from to fill in.

As you said that you have had a letter of claim please fill out the form below.

Please don't worry about the goings on you;re having with the idiots at One parking.

They know they are in the wrong but greed is their overriding condition.

I expect once we have seen what they say we will advise that you send them a snotty letter from which they may work out that they have no hope or Bob Hope of getting any money out of you and decide to go elswhere to defraud someone else.

But you should never underestimate their greed and stupidity.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/393251-received-a-court-claim-from-a-private-parking-speculative-invoice-how-to-deal-with-it-hereupdated-aug-2016/

Even Homer nods dx-and I didn't mean Homer Simpson.

An SAR was not the appropriate demand for them.

Much better to write to the solicitors using CPR31.14 -you can find the letter in the Stickies above the posts for members.

Under CPR they are asked for details that they do not want to send you -normally because they do not have them despite the fact that by Law they should have them.

so don't expect then to fulfil your request but it helps you as if they do not provide those details it will be very difficult for them to prove that they are able to form a contract with motorists.

• dx100uk changed the title to OPS/gladstone PCN PAPLOC now claimform - <10mins CCTV passenger leaving car - Broadwater Street West, Worthing

You pay them nothing -don't even think about paying them a penny.

I don't know if you have seen this recent case involving OPS but it is pretty damning and one that you would obviously include in your defence which should mean that OPS would drop your case like a hot potato-

file:///C:/Users/User/Downloads/One Parking Solution v Ms W 5 Feb 2020.pdf

I cannot believe they are still claiming the extra £60 after what Judge Harvey said to them though it may be a contractual sum agreed with their unregulated debt collectors.

Have you checked to see if they have planning permission for their signs and ANPR under Town and Country [advertisements] regulations?

Sorry about that Rageagainst.. i should have checked that the url worked. this URL should be ok

You want to read post 1 which should help your defence no end.

As for the planning permission-it is  necessary in order to be able to lawfully erect the signage in the car park.  It is not only a criminal offence not to have the permission, it also means that hey have failed to comply with their Code of Conduct since they need to comply with all the legal requisites for running that car park. As they haven't it calls into question whether they should be allowed to apply to the DVLA for motorist's data-especially if is not just a one time occurrence. It is not.

Just a quick heads up on that case I pointed out to you.

Quite a few cases are apparently  being discontinued by OPS when that case in Lewes is mentioned by motorists in their WS.

So do hit them with it.

No point in going to Court if you can avoid it.

• 1 month later...

It usually means that they do not have at least one of the documents which means that there is no contract between them and the motorist. That is good for you.

When doing your WS you can say that you sent them a CPR 31.14 in early August which they have not sent any documents to you as yet.

So it is reasonable to assume that they are missing at least one of the documents that prove there is a contract between OPS and yourself.

You feel that as a litigant in person that you may well be ambushed in Court with the Landlord's contract with them giving you little chance to investigate the whole of a comprehensive Landlord contract for example.

Then carry on to say that they do not appear to have permission from the Council under the Town and Country [Advertisements] Regulations to erect their signs and cameras in the car park.

It follows therefore that as the signs should not be there then there is no contract formed with them and the motorist.

It is also a breach of their Code which they need to have to enable them to apply for DVLA details and a breach of  the Consumer Rights Act 2015 concerning the need for them to adhere to th CoP.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

There is a WS  on a thread just above you from M1n1me that would help with what to say.

Also at the top of the Private Parking section you are on there is a list of some of the successful Court cases we have had. There you should find other wins cases that are more relevant to yours where you should find more WS examples.

when you have done it post it up here and we will make suggestions to strengthen your classic necessary.

Please Also post up their WS  so we can testify to pieces which helps your case.

• 2 weeks later...

I would add that in order to qualify for data from the DVLA they must comply with the Code of Conduct. 

BPA  Code of Conduct 

Glossary

A Parking Accredited Trade Association (ATA) A parking operator must be a member of an Accredited Trade Association (ATA) that is recognised by the DVLA to be able to request the Registered Keeper’s details if they have ‘reasonable cause’.

AOS The Approved Operator Scheme (AOS) is the BPA’s Accredited Trade Association for people and organisations that undertake management of parking on private land. Members of the AOS must adhere to the BPA AOS Code of Practice. 

It calls into question their ability to use the DVLA for information.

I know that you have sent your WS but should your case end up in Court [and it may well not ]

then include the above.

Edited by lookinforinfo
  • Like 1