• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Link Parking vs Michal - PCN Claimform - Llynfi Court, Llynfi Lane, Bridgend *** Claim Dismissed***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1662 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What is the outcome of this case? I’m due in court end of month for theEXACT same reason at the exact same car park.

i have debunked and demythed their witness statement.

can u let me know how u got on? I the witness statement the owner of link parking claims there is nothing wrong the ticket machine has never stopped working as this hasn’t been reported to them. Yet it wasn’t working in November 2018.... April 2018 it wasn’t working (according to google street view) and obviously a year later it still isn’t working.

cut a long story short I got my ticket in the time it took me to walk to the ticket machine and back. Since it’s in a different car park. 

Apparently the car park without the ticket machine is ONLY for customers paying online although it says that nowhere in the car park ...the place and the company are a joke. I can’t wait to wipe the floor with them in court.

the signs also wrongly suggest they are a member of the BPA which they are not.

Do you want a copy of their witness statement.

So you know what they are agoing to say in court.

It’s a load of rubbish

My witness statement should stand up.

I’ve also asked unliquidated damages as counterclaim for breaching of data protection as their was no contravention, they weren’t allowed to obtain my details from dvla, which they did fraudulently. 

Mma’s far as you and I are aware on entry to the car park we are forming a contract with HD Ltd T/a Simply park. 

I will do.

Don’t think I’m jumping on here with my own problems looking for help. I’m not.

Just giving you my info regarding the same.

I will upload their witness statement and evidence for you on Wilburn they will rely upon in in court.

That way, if you do get a claim form.

You will already know what their witness statement says and you can base your defence around that.

they will try to bully you into having a paper hearing.

Presumably so they don’t have to pay a hearing fee.

But take it all the way if you can

• Like 1

Well it’s all to do with “contract law” as we know. In there witness statement they have said that nobody is permitted to park if the machine is out of order. Nowhere, does it say that on any signs. Whatsoever.

according to citizens advice. It says “your ticket should be cancelled if the ticket machine was broken” 

Further in their witness statement it says that the it is the drivers reaponsibilty to “look” for signs, contrary to the IPC and the BPA code of conduct where it states appropriate signs must be placed at the point of entry “before the driver can make an informed decision as to whether he may wish to continue parking and accept those terms.”

it is very clear the parking meter was not working and contrary to their witness statement, hasn’t been working for some period of time.

When driving into the site, the only company name you see is “simply park” and therefor you are making a contract with simply park.

simply park is a trading name of HD limited, who own the land. Therefore having not engaged in a contract with Link Parking, I will be counterclaim  for unliquidated damages for DATA protection and fraudulently requesting my details from the DVLA.

i really cannot wait to the court date. I will also ask the judge (should I win the case) to impose terms that link parking must make there signs more clear/ more prominent and take down signs that show they are a member of the BPA when they are not. And to ensure customers are 100% sure which car park belongs to which company and which car parks belong to the council. 

i will also be asking the judge to impose terms upon link parking that stop them using there pay and display machine as money making tool, and to either have the machine fixed, or change the car park/ or signage in order for the public to know what to do in case of such facilities not working. 

I

• Like 1

So the plot thickens!! Please can you elaborate? Can I use any of this information in court? 

So so the bank have a charge on the land?

How do you know this - and where can I obtain such information. And where is their anylegislation that suggests they assign to third party’s etc etc

It doesn’t mention Llynfi court or Llynfi house in the charge documents. Only mentions other land that hd ltd have

Maybe that means that HD Limited no longer own the land , and that the maintenance contract between link parking and HD limited are null and void ...

Edited by Bris2wales

• 1 month later...

Whoa!! Actually I’m on here hopefully to help the OP as I’m in court tomorow for the same thing at the same car park.

secondly. The claimant must file a trial pack to the defendant and to the court. 

thirdly don’t always assume you know everything.

fourth. Don’t be an donkey”

First of all. Sorry for my reply. It wasn’t meant to sound as non cordial as it was.

i won my case. And was awarded loss of earnings. 

It was rule the signage there is a lack of, and the signs that are there are unclear. 

I’m not too sure if I’m allowed to say anything else? Isn’t there like a secrecy act of some sort ? If some one can advise then I will post the transcript.

• dx100uk changed the title to VCS/gladstone PCN Claimform - Llynfi Court, Llynfi Lane, Bridgend *** Claim Dismissed***

the judge first ruled that my name was spelt incorrectly and my middle name and surname was the wrong way round even through I made them aware, they still issued claim against the wrong name. 

I confirmed to the judge I was happy to proceed.

The judge ruled in my favour that the sign they relied on said “drivers must display a valid permit” 

and nowhere on there did it say you must purchase a pay and display ticket.

the judge agreed that this sign clearly is for private parking, in a residential area or a similar situation where the driver would display a parking permit.

so feel free Bruno to to put in your claim, or even write to link parking or Gladstones 

“in the case of “Link parking vs Michal” 9/010/2019 judge Hywel James, Cardiff ruled that the signs were inadequate and confusing. There were no link parking signs on the entrance of  the car park The only signs from link parking we’re inside only visible after a driver had got out of the vehicle. There are no link parking signs to suggest you must purchase a “pay and display” ticket. Therefor on that basis, no contract was formed with link parking.”

This photo is what they rely on in court!!

no where does it say you have to purchase a valid pay and display ticket. 

Photo.pdf