NEW USER. can I claim >£1500 in Scotland?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6391 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, and welcome to the site.

In Scotland you can claim up to £750(Small Claims) or up to £1,500(Summary Cause) the forms are the same but with different titles.

Both cost £39 in court fee's. I think most people are using these because all you can loose in the small claim is your £39 court fee. I have been told by a clerk of court if you loose using summary cause it could cost you hundreds rather than thousands. My first claim that was settled if full by the BOS including interest and court fee was for the sum of £720. I have just filed my second claim against them using Summary Cause(£1,500), once the court return my paperwork to me I have to get a lawyer or sheriffs officer to serve the claim on the bank.Could cost me between £15 and £50.I have'nt heard of anyone going over the £1,500 in Scotland.

The clerk of court told me I would have to be very very unlucky if the bank went to court as none have done so yet!

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

wow, thanks for such a fast reply. I had heard about this but wasn't sure if someone was involved in some [problem]??! It sounds good. I am with Barclays and most of my charges are for going over my overdarft limit, sometimes by a lot, sometimes a little but i do it quite a lot. Is it worth going through with this do you think?

HIya Millie Moo

Your thread is in the Welcome section and you would benefit from using the Scotish Forum linked at the base of this post. There are also teh "Q&A" and "read this first" all of which hold good information for completing your claim.

below are some tips on how to use the site.

If you are LOST in CAG

Click the Consumeractiongroup at the top left hand corner of this blue section on your screen.

This will show you a detailed Index of the forum.

Tracking your Claim Thread

Once you have located your bank and have made your thread, select thread tools at the top right of the thread, choose subscribe to thread, then select Yes.

To locate your Claim Threads

Just up from thread tools and to the left click Quick Links, this will offer subscribed threads. In here you will see your claims