Unique Situation? £15 OD renewal?

Guest mc661
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6378 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I asked for an OD increase as I wanted to move some money to another account before I got paid.

They denied it (was expecting that) and then set my OD level to NIL, yet the cash machine still thought I had the old limit??? Werid.

I then ask them to stick it back to what it was and they did so. 3 days later a £15 ACCOUNT RENEWAL FEES appears on my account!!! Not as if it was the next working day either, so it was manually added.

Wtf was that I wondered and was told because *I* renewed my OD they charge £15 for that!!!!!!

Anyways a nice chat (yes it was a nice chat no legal threats mentioned) and got the money back.

I will be pursuing smile soon for the 6 years of credit card and current account charges soon, Im just wrestling with HSBC and LTSB atm.

I also got charged the £15 OD renewal fee, and it was refunded as it was a bank error (these things always are)!

Got my money back though! Had a nice conversation with a lady about how ethical their bank charges are in reflection to a charge on the poorest members of society. She didnt have an anwer!

Strange - I just renewed my OD and there was no mention of a £15 fee. Mind you I haven't looked today - maybe it'll be in "recent items" lol

Or maybe the fact that I just happened to mention that I was reclaiming my unlawful charges for the past 6 years influenced their decision not to charge?

Who knows....

Rob - reclaiming what's mine :)

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent to Smile 9/10/2006

Partial repayment - £1700