New here

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6397 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just a hi!

Bit of a mix up meant we went unknowingly overdrawn (bills still paid, card still worked) just paying normal bills. We hadn't overspent or anything. This was in august and it took a month before we found out..so we've incurred fine after fine. My husbands wages went in, and it was totally eaten up by them the same day. How they think we can pay our mortgage and bills and feed our children for the month I don't know!

We wasted precious petrol money going to a branch of halifax to find they couldn't help us (despite customer services said they could), call centre tells us one thing one minute and another the next. Yesterday for example we were told no more fines, dd all cancelled. Called today..we have 8 more fines slapped on!

We don't have the money to pay the data protection act letter though. Is there a way round this?

We don't have the money to pay the data protection act letter though. Is there a way round this?

Do you have all (or most at least) of your banks statements?

If not can you get them online?

If you have none, and can't get them online try speaking nicely to the bank, they might send copies of them FOC? Worth asking.

All you need is a list of the charges and interest levied by the bank with dates. If you have this you do not need to do the DPA SAR.

Pete

I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. Number 6

Hello Trud

Before you start please have a thorough read of the FAQs (there’s a Step by Step guide here too). You should print both of these out to refer to, so as to avoid having to ask basic questions later.

Then look at other threads in your bank’s forum, so as you know what you can expect to happen. You can claim back your charges, and a few are trying for the payback of Early Redemption Charges on loans and Mortgages.

You need to spend 2 or 3 days gradually getting your head round everything. If you find a forum/thread/post of interest, save it in your Favourites, so as you can always find it easily.

There’s a lot to take in, but it’s time well spent and will ensure that you succeed in your claim without problems. Remember it’s not a race, don’t rush, just follow the guidelines one step at a time.

This is a self-help forum and you must be prepared to put in time and effort. It is your claim, your money and you cannot expect others to do all the work for you.

When you feel confident that you understand the process and the various stages involved, start a new thread in your bank’s forum and post your progress and any questions there and you’ll get plenty of help.

You could ask the bank via the phone to send you your 6 years worth of statements.You may get them for free.If not it is only £10 in total for all of them.

All the info to get you started is here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...se-read-these/

There are more links below to assist you.

Good luck

Uk. . . .

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Thank you very much. I'm hoping the local branch can print off something to cover the gap between our last statement and now (trouble is they aren't a proper halifax, just one of those agencies).

Sorry if i sound impatient. We kind of are in a rush, with not a penny for a family of 5 to live on for a month! They took every penny of my husbands wages in one go. No idea what to do about the mortgage either! Obviously now we are aware of the problem we will try and get the next months wages paid into another account so they can't take it.

It so frustrating when my husband works so hard and they take it all. That's the trouble when you earn enough only to just cover everything. One little bit overdrawn and we are competely b*****ed!

Off to get my reading in before the net gets cut off!

Thank you very much. I'm hoping the local branch can print off something to cover the gap between our last statement and now (trouble is they aren't a proper halifax, just one of those agencies).

Sorry if i sound impatient. We kind of are in a rush, with not a penny for a family of 5 to live on for a month! They took every penny of my husbands wages in one go. No idea what to do about the mortgage either! Obviously now we are aware of the problem we will try and get the next months wages paid into another account so they can't take it.

It so frustrating when my husband works so hard and they take it all. That's the trouble when you earn enough only to just cover everything. One little bit overdrawn and we are competely b*****ed!

Off to get my reading in before the net gets cut off!

I know how you feel, I have the t-shirt!

Contact everyone that you owe a payment to this month and explain what's happened and they may well give you a months grace without kicking up a fuss.

Then open a new account as soon as possible and get your next salary paid into that. Also cancel any standing orders or direct debits that you have on your existing account straight away so that there is no excuse for the bank to slap more charges on next month.

Pete

I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. Number 6

Yep done all that, I luckily still have an old account we used for our wedding money so we can use that one. DDs all cancelled as soon as we found out.

We got a print out of all charges since December. £800 ish just since august!

So getting started on our letter tonight.