Egg Court Hearing.

Cmdenny
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5174 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

God I love these things. All banks and CC companies fracture laws on a daily basis, but with the break them and jump over the pieces I just can't resist giving them a good left hook.....followed by a right!

Send this Special delivery - next dat before 9am. I know it costs but you need to push this big style.

Assuming the details are correct, send the letter below - alter it as required:

Date

ADDRESS

Dear sirs,

RE: Account Number

Despite numerous telephone calls between myself and your call centres, I am unable to accept the responses tendered and now request a formal written reply. You may give your reply as 'final response deadlock letter' if you wish.

On {DATE} I noted that various amounts had been debited from my account to which I had no knowledge of. Upon further inspection of my online only account I noted multi debits to which I can unequivocally confirm I was neither part, nor have given authority to any third party to act on. I can further unequivocally confirm that I have never released my card or PIN to any third party or negligently place the same in such a situation that would allow a third party to gain access.

I am somewhat alarmed that dispite my attmepts to full co-operate with you and assist in your investiagions you seem determined to hold me perosnally liable for the losses suffered. I understand it is your position that your refusal to treat this matter as a theft or fraud is based on your sole opinion that the 'modus operandi' of the offended does not match the pattern you would 'expect'. please confirm your position on this matter.

I note that the contract between us limits my maximum liability to you should unauthorised account activity be of a fraudulent nature. Given my statement of truth in paragraph two, please provide details of the investigation you have conducted to support your current position, and furthermore that you intend to hold me fully liable for the whole of the loss, which amounts to {£xxxx.xx}.

Should you fail to furnish me with a satisfactory response within 14 days I shall make a formal complant to the banking ombudsman regarding this matter, or in the alternaitve issues legal proceedings or both. I shall also refer this matter to trading standard, the Office of Fair Trade and the Media.

In an proceedings I reserve a right to produce a copy of the letter and will rely upon all correpsondence as to evidence.

Finally, given the gravity of the situation and to save as to any potential doubt, I shall only communicate on this matter by written correspondence.

I look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully,

The law maybe reason without passion as Aristotle said, but hey, he said nothing about having fun when getting even!

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal expereince. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Reputation Points Always Welcome

The above letter seem straight forward, but is very 'loaded' and tells them you mean business. When inviting them, for example, if reply as a 'deadlock letter if they wish' you are saying you not going to act, tell me so than I can take this to the next stage. eg - I'm not going to put up with your nonscence and I know my rights! The second paragraph is a sttement that you took all reasonable care of the cards and PIN and by using the word 'unequivocally' you are stating it would not be possible and is seen as an coded way of say if this goes to court, this is what I will say under oath - eg you didn't know about the theft and you didn't authorise it and you took care of the card and PIN.

I'd take no crap. They are tresting you very badly. You can't even report this to the police as and crime has been committed against egg, not you. If it is theft they should have reported this to the police, if they suspect you are telling porkies eg committing Fraud they should have reported that to the police. The fact is they are trying to get out of their responsbilities.

Send the letter to:

The Cheif Executive

Egg Bank plc

1 Waterhouse Square

138-142 Holborn

London

EC1N 2NA

Remember special next day delivery!

The law maybe reason without passion as Aristotle said, but hey, he said nothing about having fun when getting even!

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal expereince. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

DON'T DO THINGS BY PHONE!!!

I can't do ti now, but I'll write you another letter later for you to send to him. Put the ball back in his court, on your terms and let egg do the running!

• Confused 1

Sorry, I didn't get back you before - I was suddenly swamped by an action I thought was going to drag out some more.

To be honest, I'd wait and see if they reply tothe first letter. I'd get an address or habd delivery a letter to egg addressed to there head of fraud:

Dear sirs,

I write in relation to your recent telehpone call regarding from and my correspondent of (date you sent first letter), a copy of which is attached hereto.

I am pleased by your apparent decision to treat this matter in a correct manner. I do not however feel that such a matter can be resolved informally and as such must request your formal response to the attached.

Following your response and subject to my acceptance thereof, I will then be willing to discuss resolution of this matter which I beleive must include a element of compensatory restitution to myself.

I must reiterate, as previously stated, although I am eager to co-operate with your investigations, given the gravity of the situation and to save as to any potential doubt, I shall only communicate on this matter by written correspondence.

Yours faithfully

This should clarify the matter. Don't forget, what they have said isn't worth a bean, get it in writting - insit on it! Oh, and don't forget to include a copy of the first letter you sent a few days ago.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5174 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks