Im new and want to claim my charges back against Alliance and Leicester

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6297 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Im new to this and need to know where to start, any advice greatly appreciated. Im currently with Alliance and Leicester and have had nothing but trouble since the word go. What's my first course of action? or can someone point me in the right direction?

Many thanks

Rebs:confused:

• 3 months later...

I wondered how you have got on as I recently sent off the Tenner for my subject data (bank charges) counted up the charges and only found £450. I sent them off my first letter seeking repayment of the charges and received a form letter by return saying basically that I would be getting nothing back. This letter had a reference on it which said unpaid 2. whats my next step or do i now start court proceedings??:confused:

Hi and welcome to the forum.

The first thing you need to do is start your own thread in here.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/alliance-leicester/

The process that you will follow is relatively easy but IS NOT a get rich quick scheme. Spend time reading the FAQ pages as this will stop you making mistakes along the way, and is the most important part. Read as many threads as your eyes will allow, you will gain invaluable knowledge which will give you the confidence you need. This is a SELF HELP site and won’t do the work involved for you. However, everything you need is on here somewhere.

This site is all about EMPOWERMENT and you will gain the confidence that you will need. The excellent A-Z guide compiled by Michael is a fantastic source of information.

But remember, this isn’t a game. You are taking on large institutions which MAY lead to court, but you do need to be prepared.

Everyone is very friendly and keen to help. Dave and Bankfodder have done a great job in producing the site, and all the moderators, helpers and current users really are a very nice bunch.

Please also understand that any advice that you receive is normally based on experience and expert advice should be sought if needed.

I have put some useful links onto the thread that you can refer to when needed.

Good luck. See you at the other end……

Some useful links..

FAQ's

Step by Step Guide

If you wish to make a Donation

A-Z Guide

Making Posts

Start a thread

Letter Template Library

Rejection Of Settlement / Good Will Gestures

Interest Spreadsheets

Contractual Spreadsheet

Court N1 Form

Court Bundle

Preparing a Court Bundle

Bank Contact Details

Moneyclaim Online

AQ Guide to Completion

Court Fees

Data Protection non Compliance

Witness Statements for Court Bundle

Banking Code Website

Limitations Act

Fast Track Costs

Scottish Procedure

Scotland Forum

Guest ian cognito

You both need to do plenty of readng of the FAQ's, you will find this bit particularly useful: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-step-step-instructions.html

Please make sure you fully understand the processs before you go any further, you will have to file a court claim and need to be confident in what your doing before you do.

Once you are ready, start your own thread in the A&L forum.

If you follow the processes set out on here and ensure you do plenty of reading - you will get your charges back, A&L are not one of the dififcult banks to deal with.

Good luck

hi, this may sound stupid but who do you address letters to a and L to? there call center in bootle merseyside of their registered office in Leicester? Or do you get a compliants department address?

Kirstyx

I got all my charges back from Alliance and Leicester, sent the 1st letter - they said they would not pay out, 2nd letter said exactly the same. Then after 14 days started court claim online at www.moneyclaim.gov.uk and I got full money payout within 10 days of registering claim. Happy Days! You will probably have to go the all the way to courts (bearing in mind that you can now take then to court over the internet,-wow! you dont have to actually go to court in person.)but it is worth it and you will get any court fees back aswell.

Happy Claiming.......:-) :-) :-)