Mikeyboy v Nationwide

Mikeyboy99
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6411 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I need some advice - quick!

Nationwide have issued a county court summons against me on a deliquent account that is overdrawn by £2.5k. I have started the process of recovering charges on other accounts with them but not this one. What should I do?

At a rough estimate, about £1,000 of the above is charges, should I admit part of the debt and try to explain to the court why I only admit this? Can I ask for more time to defend so I can get exact figures? Or can I counterclaim all the charges I'm sure about on the other accounts?

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Guest Partypip

Nationwide tried to take my hubby to court for an overdrawn account that we dont use, We had no correspondance with them about the account, despite having another 3 accounts with them. The one day the court forms landed on the door mat asking for £250 plus costs etc.

We filled in the defence on line saying that this was all charges, and that we hadnt had any LBA, etc on this matter, and Nationwide dropped it. However the account is still showing an overdrawn balance.

I would say if it is at the court stage. fill in a similar defence as we did, stating its for costs, and that you havent had any breakdown of the charges or correspondance from nationwide, that the account is in dispute blah blah and see what comes back. Also, send an SAR for the account to Nationwide.

Im no expert, I can only let you know what we did, and it worked for us