• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

HFC / HSBC sells off debt to Lowells

Lokur
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3373 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Should I respond to this letter, as the way it was written strongly implies they will take it to court as soon as the 7 days are up to avoid the SB happening in December.

If I write something along the lines of:

Dear

Thank you for sending through the statements. To verify that I owe this debt, I've sent a subject access requirement to HFC bank which they have 40 days to respond to. I tactfully request that the 7 day deadline mentioned on your letter be extended so that HFC have a chance to comply with the SAR and that I can review all the information received.

Kind regards,

I can't afford this going to CCJ, as I've just cleared the default this debt caused in the first place. Me and the wife is planning to buy a house to raise our kid, and a CCJ will ruin those plans.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

prob just a std letter with all the if might mays included.

i'll await to see it.

have you asked hfc where your sar has gone too

you NEED those statements

or atleast be able to calc the PPI reclaim

as well as the PENALTY charges you have I bet

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I'll scan up the statements and the letter tonight, and post it tomorrow morning.

I called HFC just now and the person I spoke to could find no record of any SAR on my account.

Should I resend?

The standard letters I've had in the past from Lowell, is full of Mays, Ifs and Buts. However this one was strictly: Pay in 7 days or we reserve the right to issue court proceedings against you without further notice.

-Lokur

you have life & ASU there to reclaim

as well as lots of 'fees'

have you sent lowlife a CCA request?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

No, I sent them a Prove It letter, which prompted the Statements and also a credit agreement. I'll scan up the agreement and post it tomorrow.

My main worry is the wording in that letter make it sound like 7 days, and County Court.

I've spoken to a family member who have some money, and they are willing to help some, so I'm wondering if it's worth making an offer?

time get reclaiming as suggest first of all.

that's a std tthreat-o-gram

seen it loads of times

if/if not they do progress to court

shows no logic as to how they decide.

dx

and they

yes always the OC

dx

and they

Ok, I'll take a look at some of the successful reclaim threads to find the correct letters, and tools to calculate reclaiming amounts.

One thing that I haven't mentioned, was that I had a loan with HFC of about £1,000 which had a PPI included that was consolidated into this new loan when it was taken out. So there could be additional PPI costs to reclaim.

-L

You should download a copy of the fosicon consumer questionnaire from here and complete it.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...notes/ppi.html

Ideally you should prepare a spreadsheet showing how much you may be due back (see no.1 in my signatureicon). Submit the completed questionnaire to the lender alomng with the spreadsheet and a brief covering letter saying that you believe you were mis-soldicon and you enclose the relevant complaint form.

They will have 8 weeks to investigate and give you a decision.

If they do not respond within the 8 weeks then you are entitled to open a complaint with fos.

If they respond positively and make an offer, you can use the spreadsheet to check any offer they make. If you disagree with any offer or their decision you can challnge them or open a complaint with fos if they say theirs is a final decision.

Since all of this is time sensitive, send your complaint by some trackable method so that you know when they receive your claim.

you first port of call is to do the spreadsheets

use the CIsheet for the 'fees'

and as detailed above

the statint for the PPI.

details upon how to calc is in link 1 below.

lets see things first before you start sending stuff off

dx

and they

Had another letter today.

They are disappointed that after writing to me I've made no attempt to pay or arrange a payment plan. They urge me to get in contact immediately otherwise they may issue court proceedings.

Fairly short letter with just a few lines.

pigs may fly too

dx

and they

Should I inform Lowell that there is a dispute with the original creditor?

All i've communicated to them so far is a Prove it letter,

which I think was a mistake as they became a lot more aggressive

following the receipt of statements showing that I had paid some moneys in after default making it Not statute barred.

I'm still compiling all the stuff for a PPI reclaim against HFC.

-L

Another letter from Lowell.

Despite having written to me with a reply to my prove it letter, they have yet to hear from me. If I dont contact them in 7 days they will re-asses the status and may send it to one of their external collection agencies for collection.

usual rubbish

dx

and they

:lol:

you're learning!!

and they

I'm only claiming what I've paid in to HFC with 8% interest, and any interest added to the loan as a result of the PPI correct?

-Lokur

???

put the charges in a copy of the CISHEET

each one on the date it was levied

put the loan int rate [apr] in cell d 15

PPI

follow link 1 below.

unless the agreement tells you the monthly PPI figure [most did]

you'll need to work out the PPIPCM% using link 1 below.

use the STATINT sheet

enter every monthly payment of PPI in

the sheet does the rest

dx

and they

Another quick question while I'm working on all this:

I had a default notice from HFC, and If I remember correctly it stated they would terminate the agreement if the arrears was not paid in 14 days.

However I never did pay the arrears, I just started paying the monthly amount for a few more months, when upon I disputed the debt and stopped paying altogether. I then recieved a new default notice.

Would any of the above have any impact on this case?

(P.S. I've sent another SAR to them to verify everything as they never complied with the first one)

there is no direct link between a dn and any defaulted date on the cra file.

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Another letter, from Red this time.

It states they have my credit file and if I don't pay they will pass it over to hampton legal with their recommendation.

It offers a 70% discount on the debt.

It ends the letter, respond within 03.09.2014 or they will instruct Hampton legal.

I believe Hampton Legal is their in house team yes?

Another letter, from Red this time.

It states they have my credit file and if I don't pay they will pass it over to hampton legal with their recommendation.

It offers a 70% discount on the debt.

It ends the letter, respond within 03.09.2014 or they will instruct Hampton legal.

I believe Hampton Legal is their in house team yes?

Yep Hamptons just the next desk along the office!

So from the Red desk jockey to the Hamptons desk jockey.

Have you checked credit reference files to see if there is a default on the account?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: