Barclays Default Removal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3842 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I'm new here so please bear with me if I appear to know next to nothing about this whole thing and please excuse if I'm asking a question already asked.

I am currently trying to apply for a mortgage and it had thrown up a few problems, the first was a default registered against me by Lowell, I have now managed to have this removed as when I informed them that they made it clear there would be no default and that I have never received a default notice they were more than happy to oblige. Unfortunately my partner also has a default on her credit file placed on in July by Barclays Bank. This was due to an unpaid overdraft on a joint account with her ex partner.

Over the past 11 months we have been trying to get him removed from the account so that we could pay it off and then she could continue to use the account without any worry of him getting to her money.

She visited the branch twice in March/April and was told on both occasions that there was nothing she could do until HE contacted them and confirmed his request for removal. Despite trying via post phone and email we were unable to get hold of him.

She called Barclays customer services on several occasions and was told that nothing would be done until he had contacted them. She then went into the branch again Sept and they advised her that the balance had been paid and the account closed, the member of staff in the branch even asked a second member of staff to come over and verify it which they did.

Now she has had BCW call up and try to get the money off her and offer her settlement at 40% less than the original amount but also Barclays have registered a default against her.

Now I have no problem paying Barclays the £1,700 but not unless they remove this default as at no point was she advised by post, phone or face to face that there was going to be a default registered. Had we have been notified then I would have paid the amount just to avoid it even though its not my debt to pay.

Advice is much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Julian

Hi welcome to CAG my guess is the reason the balance was paid of is that the account has been sold, I believe that they don't have to issue a default notice as such for an OD.

Perhaps you should SAR Barclays to get all the data on the account.

Alternatively negotiate with BCW on condition the default is removed.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thank you, yeah I've now figured that they said it had been paid because they had sold it to BCW.

So you would suggest I send an SAR to Barclays and see where that leads?

I have already asked BCW if I clear the FULL balance would they remove default and apparently Barclays refused to do that.

Would you say SAR is the best way to move forward from here?