Seetec Peterborough : re-appeal was allowed and they awarded in my favour

k2nyl
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3677 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My ongoing battle with Seetec almost culminated in me thumping the manager this Thursday. After being summoned to their offices yet again to be told I am not a voluntary participant, and me showing documentary proof that I do indeed fall under the category of a voluntary ESA claimant, the manager lost the plot and accused me (in front of witnesses) of bullshi**ing him and that I had a bad f***ing attitude (his exact words).

Another female claimant present at the time was visibly distressed by this outburst and started shaking, the manager turned his attention to another claimant a young lad with obvious speech difficulties who was harangued and browbeaten into engaging with the programme, I think he was simply shell shocked by what had just transpired.

At this point I was experiencing serious difficulty in controlling the urge to punch the manager.

I was asked whether I would prefer the Monday or Tuesday next week to attend and begin the programme. I declined the invitation stating that I would not be engaging with Seetec until they managed to provide documentary proof that I was a mandatory referral.

As one can imagine this went down like a lead balloon with the manager and he stormed off leaving me to my own devices, after about ten minutes he returned with a printout of a screenshot showing that I had a 6 month prognosis and was therefore a mandatory referral, I argued that JCP had got the wrong info and the best course of action would be to go across the road to JCP's office and sort it out there and then.

The manager didn't seem too keen on that idea and said he would contact them by phone the next day (Friday) and let me know the outcome, I'm still waiting.

I did have my mobile phone in record mode for the whole meeting but forgot to assign the recording onto the external SD card, my phone will only record a few minutes of audio on it's internal memory, so I lost the best bits which left me a bit gutted.

I feel fairly sure that my card is well and truly marked now, Seetec have me down as a troublemaker, so if I don't win the argument I'm in for a rough ride methinks:|

Edited by osdset

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

Well well! DWP BDC confirms that I have a 24 month prognosis. JCP have the same information now, it seems that their system had me down as having a twelve month prognosis back in March when I was first referred to the WP.

Somehow as if by magic the prognosis period has doubled. Hmm, more like someone didn't bother reading the information properly in the first place.

I want to take this info print it out poster size and shove it up the manager of Seetec's fundamental orifice, but it seems I am to be denied this pleasure, as JCP need to send a form off to Seetec telling them to remove me from the programme.

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

Seetec informed by JCP in no uncertain terms today that I'm a voluntary referral that hasn't volunteered. Seetec manager responded to news like a bulldog sucking a wasp, happy days.

On a more serious note, I have established that any ESA (IR) claimant with an 18-24 month prognosis is definitely voluntary as far as the WP is concerned. Anybody else in the same situation should fight their corner, don't give up.

• Confused 1

Received a call today from Seetec's assistant manager asking if I would be up for visiting their office so the manager could apologise in person for his behavior. Obviously the top Johnny is getting his subordinate to do the dirty work as he is p!ssing himself about me recording every meeting and stating that transcriptions will be included as part of the complaints to Seetec's head office via my MP.

Well, my answer was 'Nah, go away in jerky movements'.

Which mp do you mean? It isn't Stewart Jackson is it?

No, my MP is Lyn Brown (Labour), I've found her to be pretty pro active in the past.

• 2 weeks later...

The saga continues, I received yet another mandatory attendance letter from Seetec yesterday.

The letter has been dressed up to look like JCP issued it. There is no reference to Seetec at all, just their address.

The letter was accompanied by a print out of this job description.

Nursery assistant required in a busy nursery setting. Roles include supporting the room leader in maintaining the welfare of children. Assisting in planning for Children's learning and development. Must have a minimum of NVQ Level 2 [sic]. (no mention of a CRB check)

For those that might not know, I am a 58 year old male ex carpenter currently on long term (24 months) ESA that has never volunteered for the WP.

Ridiculous hardly covers it.

They should have called it Odd Job Man. I would go along and see what they had on offer and bugger the description. If you don't fit in, they will not want to pay you as I think they might be able to get volunteers.

I made the mistake of not doing this before.

Engaging with the Work Programme in any way, shape or form. Is not on my agenda.

• 2 weeks later...

I Have now received a good cause letter for failing to attend Seetec's offices two weeks ago, that's after being told by the ESA advisor, and the advisor that deals with the WP at my JCP to ignore any mandatory activity letters from Seetec.

The harassment never stops, it's a good job I'm a curmudgeonly old git else I would take it to heart!

• 4 months later...

It never ends.

After all the hassle I've had with Seetec culminating in a wrongful sanction referral last November, one would think that as Seetec have been read the riot act by JCP in regard to their constant harassment, and as their own operational director instructed Seetec Stratford to leave me alone, Seetec would perhaps of taken some notice. One would think that.

However in the post yesterday I find yet another mandatory appointment letter 'instructing' me to attend Seetec's offices next Thursday.

IF you go, presumably it will be a meeting with the branch manager so that you can re-educate him on certain matters ?

They have had plenty of time to get their house in order and correct any errors - Time to submit a formal complaint to the I.C.E. methinks.

Yep, It's now blatant harassment IMO. I now have a document from the DWP stating that I have been removed from the programme and an apology for inconvenience, for what that's worth, plus the original paperwork from JCP instructing Seetec to take me off their books.

Sent a very angry e mail off to Seetec's Operational Director this morning, and included scans of four documents that show I was referred to the WP in error, each of them also state I have been taken off Seetec's books. Kept my MP in the loop and spoke to JCP's WP liaison officer who dealt with this issue before Christmas, she described Seetec as 'sick'.

I believe Seetec's actions fall foul of the Prevention from Harassment Act 1997, let's see if I can get some redress.

Seetec Stratford are denying all knowledge of instructions by their own operations director at head office and JCP to remove me from programme and cease contact. They are also stating that the sanction doubt and sanction that ensued last December must be a figment of my imagination because the advisor can find no record of it.

They are still insisting that tomorrows appointment is mandatory and failure to attend can lead to benefits being effected despite me e mailing all evidence this afternoon.

Seetec Stratford are completely out of control, I've never witnessed anything like it.

I went to Seetec's office yesterday to get the situation sorted once and for all, after explaining to various people that 'no I wasn't there for the appointment' one of the desk jockey's actually took some action. It seems that Mr Andrew Emerson the exec director has now made the Stratford branch his temporary home, perhaps in an effort to get the house in some kind of order. Anyway said desk jockey takes my paperwork into Mr Emerson's office.

As the office is glass fronted I could see but not hear what was going on, dear old MR Emerson didn't even look up from his paperwork whilst the DJ was explaining the situation, after a couple of minutes DJ emerges ever so apologetic and explains that she's just seen all the disputes I've had with the management team on screen (a blatant lie, I was watching), and that a note would be attached to my file ensuring I would not be bothered again.

All requests to see Mr Emerson were fended of with 'he's about to go into a meeting'. So no apology from the head honcho.

No explanation from anyone as to why after being told repeatedly by JCP since last November to take me off the books they failed to do so.

No explanation as to why when a WPO7b was issued on the 4th November instructing Seetec I was to be removed from the programme, Seetec saw fit to raise a sanction doubt for non attendance on the 19th.

Now I'm pushing for the raft of complaints to land on the desk of the ICE.

Seetec are a loose cannon, they regard themselves as unaccountable to anyone, especially JCP whose staff Seetec treat with complete contempt, god help anyone placed with this nightmare firm for two years.