• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

lowell joined 3 debts [2 mobile, 1 credit card]made me BK, now want my house!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2301 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not everyone who might help you is here every day, but I hope there will be more input soon.

However, it is very complicated and you really may have to get a good lawyer because I'm not certain that as a litigant in person you will be able to cope with the legal arguments in front of a judge.

Unfortunately you just can't say it was fraudulent and get everything dropped.

The Particulars of Claim were wrong so you had a Defence there.

You did not know about the Hearing so the Judgment should have been set aside. I don't know what your lawyer was doing. The set aside hearing should have been just that, with you being given more time to prepare a proper Defence.

You may be able to complain about the Judge, but you will not be able to do that on your own because you need someone who can make the right legal arguments to get the original case and the subsequent bankruptcy set aside.

A lot of people who have some legal knowledge have looked at your thread today and the fact that they have not commented means that it is probably beyond most people here to give specific advice. There are some others who may help, but if they can't you really will have to try and find the money - family loan? - to instruct someone to act for you otherwise you are in great danger of losing your house.

What has happened is shocking and I would hope there is some action that can be taken but you really may need to (somehow) pay for proper legal representation.

No its the absolutely same word for word except for date and signatures and yet the security bar codes at bottom are the same?? impossible

right??:suspicious:

But i do take on board your comments to me and feel this would be the only way to go and i thank you for that:hug:

Because DCAs use reconstituted copies of agreements and often 'cut and paste' the bits they want to use, it is not at all surprising that you will get two different versions of an alleged agreement. What Lowells have done here by lumping three alleged debts together should not have been allowed, but they got away with it by playing dirty and that is what they do. They'll use any tactics they can to get money. They got lucky because you missed the original hearing and there was no defence.

A couple of the legal guys are looking at your thread this morning and I'm sure they will have some thoughts.

Hugs,

DD

I don't know enough about bankruptcy, but the Official Receiver is involved in every bankruptcy and I don't understand how the Trustee can be appointed by Lowells. I thought the Court appointed a Trustee as Alloyz says above.

A Trustee in a bankruptcy is appointed to represent the interests of ALL creditors; they can't work for just one. Were any other creditors informed of your bankruptcy?

I am wondering if you should call the Insolvency Service helpline. Have you tried them before?

Make sure you are totally happy with the solicitor. Did you get one through Law Works? They are usually good. Make sure they are experienced in this kind of case.

If the solicitor is not 100% confident they can get this sorted out then you need to get someone else. You will get one shot at this so you must get someone really good and experienced who is willing to take on that judge if necessary. You need a real fighter here.

Hope to hear good news later.

DDx

Hi wendyboats,

We are all very happy to help you. What has happened to you is so appalling. It's jaw-dropping, for want of a better word.

I hope the new solicitor can sort it out for you. It's terrifying that an alleged debt of £1,500 ish can result in someone about to lose their home.

Keep fighting. We are right with you. :-)

DD

wendyboats,

I have just got home after being away since Friday and haven't had time to read your last posts - will read in full tomorrow - but I have been very worried about the solicitor. I don't think you should commit to her. You have said where you live. I have googled the area for legal aid solicitors and I think you should do the same, and compare it with the other firm's website. I would never use a firm if I couldn't see who they all are.

I think you should have a ring around and see who else you can get. Speak to her by all means but don't commit. This is too important.

DDxx

I agree she should speak to them and I have said that she should check out the experience of the solicitor who is ringing her. However, I am not certain that the solicitor who is ringing her would fill me with confidence having seen the FB profile. I work with solicitors, my late sister was a solicitor, and none of them would put up a profile like that.

They may be a major legal aid supplier, but personally I would rather work with a more traditional, for want of a better word, solicitor who also did legal aid. This is quite a complicated situation. I would want to know that I was getting a solicitor who had a lot of experience.

I know the legal aid rules have changed, but I'd still want to check out who else was available to handle this.

She may be wonderful of course but I'd want a Rottweiler.