Help Please-Is this Bad practice or is it just me?

bigal9ball
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3916 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My wife and i applied for a mortgage with Nationwide and

they sent us a text message the same day saying thankyou for applying for a mortgage with them

-They also rang us the same day to see if they could arrange for a Valuer to come out the next day which we were happy for them to do and

they then proceeded to take £309 out of our account to pay for this service?

About a week later they declined us a mortgage for reasons to do with our Tax Credit forms?

Surely this practice should not be allowed?

Surely they should check that all the required documentation is in order and then instruct a valuer and charge us?

Ive been onto them on the phone but all they say is its in their policies and procedures?

If they did this practice to 2500 applicants they would make £618,000 just from turning people down for Mortgages?

Any help would be grateful-

-Thanks

in fact its £772,500

I presume you bank with Nationwide?

Was there any agreement that this fee could be debited from your account, written or verbal?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

No we dont bank with them we went to a financial advisor and he put us forward to them-I didnt agree to anything but i was aware that i would be charged £309 for a valuation but i wasnt aware that it would be carried out that quickly and then we would get turned down for a problem with our financial situation? Surely this matter should have been checked before the valuer was sent out?

I'm presuming that a valuation is needed to base a decision upon an application at some point, but you need to take this up with NW if you believe this is unfair.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: