Trust Deed / Council Tax debts / Wage Arrestment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3998 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there.

In the past month or so, I finally decided to get on top of my debts, I've been in talks with Trustdeedscotland to try and get a trust deed set up so have been informing my creditors of this, in order to get a proper list of the debts I have.

Now, however, I have received a letter saying that my wages have been arrested from one of those creditors (RBS).

Im kind of at a loss as to what to do now. I had planned, in my mind, that putting £200 - £250 per month into a trust deed would be enough to keep (all of my) creditors happy, so that is what I have budgeted for in my mind. Now with the Wage Arrestment happening that will be about £200 out of my wages every month, meaning I will no loger have the available funds to pay an adequate amount into a Trust Deed.

If I were to go ahead and set up a Trust Deed, would the wage Arrestment be taken into that?

(I've spoken to the court who said speak to the Sherrif officers (Ross and Co), so I did that and they said the only way a wage arrestment can be withdrawn is to pay it off in full).

Failing that, I don't know what to do. I can't afford to pay my other debts as well as this wage arrestment, so should I think about just going bankrupt?, would this even remove the wage arrestment (or at least lower the amount).

On another note, I didn't know anything about the wage arrestment hearing or anything until I received the letter saying that it had been granted.

Any help?

01/08/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - S.A.R sent

24/08/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - Statements Received

31/08/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - 1st Request sent

13/09/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - LBA sent

23/09/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - Offer received £1544 (Thanks but no thanks)

02/10/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - *WON* Full settlement

Just spoke to TrustdeedScotland again and they say I've to just go ahead and try and arrange the Trust Deed, if they refuse to lift the wage arrestment, then the best option is to just file for bankrupcy

They will not stop the wages arresment if you go into a trust deed as then they would be getting a lesser amount.

Have you discussed if its a trust deed or protected trust deed?

How much approx is your total debts?

Have you done your research?

have a read of this:

http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/scotland/factsheet.php?page=21_trust_deeds

and if you wish to give them a call for some unbiased advice

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Unsecured debts of around £22k.

Done quite a bit of research, as far as the wage arrestment, when I spoke with the trust deed people they said they would apply for one and ask for the wage arrestment to be lifted.

It would be in their interest to do this, as if the trust deed was a no go then the only other option would be bankrupcy which would also lift the wage arrestment.

Im going to see them tonight so I'll let you know what they say. I only spoke to them before on the phone, so I will know more tonight.

Thanks.