Buying used car - No V5

fordy1012
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4038 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

New to the forum, just after some opinions really.

I am buying a used Audi S5 from a local dealership who received the car from a local VW main dealer as they have an agreement to take in their P/X vehicles.

The VW dealership has yet to receive the v5 from the previous owner, thus the dealership I am buying the car from also have yet to receive it. I have carried out my own HPI check, and confirmed the VIN matches the VRM thru the DVLA database.

I need the car pretty soon as mine is sold.

I have agreed to pick the car up later today, but with a clause in the invoice that once received, if there is anything wrong with the v5, or any discrepancies, they will refund me in full for the car.

I trust the dealer selling me the car, but obviously as it was a PX, have no contact with the previous owner who has assured that he will send the V5 to the VW dealer asap, who will then send it on to the dealer from whom I am buying the car.

Would you say this is enough cover to go ahead with the purchase?

Thanks so much in advance.

PS, there is 6 months tax. I am due to pick up in 2 hours, so any advice would be great.

get the dealer to put it in writing that he will pay the £25 for the new v5 if it doesn't show up within say 14 days. you then just apply for a new one if it doesn't appear.