style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4100 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Kids are a bloody nightmare.

As above, my Son and 3 mates have had a 12 month FT AST from 8/9/2011 to 7/9/2012. This is managed by Leaders.

They recieved an invitation to extend the contract from 8/9/2012 to 7/9/2013 (intention to renewal or similar) and have continued to live at the house. My Son popped into Leaders last week to ask for the current Tenancy to see if there was a leaving early clause as they all finish in May this year and didn't want to pay rent for the 3 months they wouldn't be there.

They were given a copy of the original Tenancy and have never signed for 2012/13. In addition, the original has been signed on all 15 sheets by all 4 boys but the Owners have not signed the agreement.

I take it, that as no Tenancy has been signed for this year, that it has become a Statutory Periodic Tenancy now, or am I mistaken?

Sorry for the long post for such a small question!

Did any one of the 4 joint Ts communicate with LL/LA, either verbally or in writing, that they accepted the offered extension for 12/13 before Sept 12? If yes, then there prob is a valid AST in operation to Sept 13

If No, then SPT prob in effect.

The fact that LL/agent did not sign 11/12 AST is of no help, ab AST of less than 3 yr FT is legally binding if agreed verbally.

Sounds like a student let, so negotiate with LL to surrender either May, Jun or Jul. Many students will want to secure accom before new academic year starts, esp if they have local vacation jobs.