Sky cancellation help

Sarah_Pussycat
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4078 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Hoping someone can help here! We upgraded to Sky+ HD last August, and before then was a regular Sky+ customer since 2009. (Just the TV, no phone or broadband). We only went with Sky as we can't get Virgin where we live at the moment. We are now moving to an area where we CAN - and after trawling through my Sky account details online and not seeing anything regarding being in a contract, my partner has arranged for Virgin to be installed at the new address, and I called today to cancel the Sky. Only to be told I have a contract with them until August next year and apparently it was at the end of the very small print of something I was sent in the post after we received the new box last year. (Which was read out quite obnoxiously by the man on the phone so I wasn't best pleased with him!) I have not signed a contract, and did not cancel within the 8 days after installation, as we were not expecting to be moving and still wanted the service at the time. I don't remember receiving the letter, the only one I DO remember is one addressed about a week after we got the HD box offering the service cheaper for 6 months - and when I called to ask about the offer I was told it was only available to new customer (just a bit of background there as to why I don't feel guilty about wanting to change TV providers!) I asked if I could pay to end the contract early and was told no, I can't end the contract at all. My question is, if I just cancel my direct debit, what's the worst that can happen? I'm happy to send them the HD box back! If Sky are not providing me a service (which they won't be as I won't be at the address, and the man said they would block the equipment if they didn't received a payment), am I still legally obliged to pay although I have not signed any contract? Thanks in advance.

Hiya, with any new service there is a minimum term of 12 months.

I expect you got the box free or discount @ £49.

You can pay the early termination charge which is the equivalent of the remainder of the 12 months of the package (plus HD mix if you have it ).

If you just cancel your dd and not pay then sky pass the accounts on to debt collection companies to pursue for the monies due and the remainder of the 12 months,.

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

sorry forgot to add

you don't actually sign contracts with sky - you accept their terms and conditions when you activate the card and or new equipment.

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)