Paid debt but not updated on credit file

Blossom99
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4148 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Quick question, I settled my payday express debt at the begnning of October, i was in a repayment plan, paid £50 a month and I settled the account early in full. However on my credit file it shows a default (which yes i defaulted) but it shows the amount outstanding as £480 which was the original debt last year! I have paid in full and this is hugely unfair. They are ignoring my requests to update my file, and im really getting cross now. Could anybody please advise? I appreciate the default will remain but I want it to say satisfied and a zero balance. Thanks

You need to write to the Data Controller of payday express and demand that they update the file to satisfied immediately on ALL credit reference agency files, use recorded delivery.

Also you can place a ''notice of dispute'' on the CRA files.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I am currently going through this exact same process! I sent them my screenshot 2 weeks ago, then rang them last week. They have said it should show on my report by the end of this week. Hope they are right. The default has been showing my last installation since November last year. It is only when I tried for car finance I realised something was wrong.

Who are the ''they'' you are communicating with?

Are you asying you have satisfied fully a defaulted account, but the entry does not show it as ''satisfied''?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

The "they" is Payday Express. Yes, I have satisfied fully a defaulted account, but the entry does not show it as ''satisfied''. It remains "Default".

Similarly, I also have a Wonga account showing "Default" and the full outstanding balance even though I am 6 months into a repayment plan without missing a payment. On Friday they have agreed this is not right and manually updated my credit profile to reflect my latest status.

However, none of these have yet appeared on my credit report. I have made efforts to clean up my file but these have not been reciprocated.

Repayment plans DO NOT satisfy a default so that entry is correct their update I guess will still have a default marker but will show as am ''arrrangement to pay''.

As said contact the data controllers who are responsible for the accuracy of the data.