• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Welcome Finance any dealings???

falcon185
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4976 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks for the info surreylad, I'm sure all Welcome fighters will find that invaluable in their battles, so will I.

Friendship costs nothing but its rewards can be priceless. Do not judge, as you will not be judged but if you can, try and assist where possible.:smile:

everyone is entitled to MY opinion!:D

I offer my comments without prejudice or liability.

If you found my advice helpful, please click the scales at the top.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

blanchie,

the PPi is a voluntary requirement, if you didnt want it and they said you had to have it then it was mis-sold to you, you have every right to claim the money back you paid for the PPI on all your loans. IT appears that Welcomes favourite trick is to say you cant have the loan if you dont have the PPI or they might say, if you take out the PPI the loan will be paid out quicker.

Friendship costs nothing but its rewards can be priceless. Do not judge, as you will not be judged but if you can, try and assist where possible.:smile:

I dont think that really matters Blanch,

they are probably aware that their Branch's have been mis-selling the PPI's to everyone, it looks like common practice, most people who have requested a refund have got it, I think the onus is on them to prove you wasnt mis-sold it ;-) Nothing ventured as they say ...:-D

Hi all,

I'm glad I started this thread now, it seems quite a few of us have been taken for mugs by Welcome, keep on fighting and good luck! :-D

I agree with Surreylad, after the SAR do a prelim letter asking for them to pay it back, giving 14 days, after that then send the LBA, another 14 days then file your claim ;-)

Hi Soli,

IMO I would issue an SAR to Welcome and a CCA to the DCA, these letters you can find in the templates. The fee for a SAR is £10 and the CCA £1.00. In your CCA letter to the DCA I would firmly state that the £1.00 is for the CCA information only as some DCA's use the money towards the debt. One of their little schemes to indicate you aknowledge the debt. Once the debt is in dispute they cannot carry out any further action on the account until the dispute has been resolved, so it should ease your insomnia somewhat. OTher people posting on this thread may have other ways of tackling this and any more info put forward I'm sure will be welcomed. ( No pun intended) ;-)

Hi Soli,

Welcome have 40 days to respon to the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request), the DCA have 12 days to comply with the CCA, if they do not respond within that time the debt becomes unenforcable until they comply, after a further month they then commit a criminal offence and should be reported to the relevent authorities. With the CCA I would allow an extra two days for both ie 12=14 and month-32 days allowing for post, ALL corres should be sent recorded delivery, they can then be tracked through the postal system ;-)

I think I got it right but if not I'm sure someone will point us both in the right direction! Thats why we are all here :-D

• Confused 1

Hi again Soli,

once the CCA has been sent to the DCA they should inform their solicitors and no further action should be taken due to the dispute. As for the PPI, a lot of people have been mis-sold these by Welcome, i would wait till you get your account statements back from your SAR request. You can then go through everything including your PPI payments, if you was mis-sold it you can claim it back :-D Which means MORE BEER TOKENS!!

I wouldnt worry about that, the account is in dispute and its down to Welcome to prove it wasnt mis-sold to you, when the loan was taken out did they say something along the lines as, " you need the PPI and/or if you take out the PPI it will speed up your application"?

I really wouldnt worry about it, if you go through the correct procedures like others have on here, Welcome appear to pay back these PPI claims when challenged ;-)

Great post mortgageman, very useful info. Keep up the great work!! :-D

Hi,

quick update, 29 days since taking in my SAR to the local branch who stated they would send it on to head office, they still havent cashed the cheque for £10 yet either. Another 11 days for them to comply. Do you think I should give them a quick call and advise them the clock is still ticking? ;-) Any suitable replies will be considered :cool:

Hi all,

I didnt bother sending my SAR by recorded delivery, I took it into the branch and handed it to the Branch manager and my cheque for £10 personally, I also took a witness with me at the time so they cannot deny receiving it, I also made sure the manager saw MY copy for my records of the SARN. Will chase them up with a phone call soon and the clocks still ticking :-D

Hi Soli,

I wouldnt bother contacting them again just yet, they have 12 days by law to respond if not the debt becomes unenforcable until they produce the documents then they have a further month, after that they commit a criminal offence and you report them to TS etc

Hi Soli,

they seem to be testing the water and seeing if you know what your doing, they HAVE to, by law, send you ALL the documents you have requested by S.A.R - (Subject Access Request). IF they dont give full disclosure or no disclosure at all then they get reported to the relevant authorities..simple!! ;-) As for the DCA dont worry about them, if they contact you again simply inform them that the account is in dispute, I would suggest a follow up letter to htem indicating this and keeping a copy for your own records. Should they continue to harrass you, you then have the relevant evidence to report them also. :-D

Hi surreylad,

only just noticed at the bottom of your thread, MANY CONGRATS, a victory against Unwelcome Welcome!!!! Good to see wins coming through on the thread. :-D :-D

Hi Soli,

just remember, your not alone, there are 80,000+ on here behind you and everyone else all the way. Keep us posted;-)

Bazza

Hi Soli,

once the 12 days is up the debt then become unenforcable until such time as the DCA actually furnish you with the documents you requested. After a further month, they then commit a criminal offence, you can then report them to the relevant authorities. Hope this helps :-)

Hi Soli,

why would you need to remind them?? ;-) They should know the time limits they have to respond to a CCA, dont do their work for them, dont contact them until the month is over then you can take great delight in informing them they have committed a criminal offence and will be reported! :-D

They STILL have to furnish you with all the documents you requested, not part, ALL! If they respond by letter saying they are in the process of requesting the documents from their client thats tough. They have to respond WITH documents you requested WITHIN the specific time scales set out. you will probably find they havent got anything hence the silence ;-)

lol, good on yer Soli mate, I'm no expert but will help where ever and whenever I can. I hate to see people ripped off, having my own dealings with Welcome and starting this thread has helped me immensely and increased my knowledge too. The Welcome fighters are a fantastic bunch, it goes without saying so are all members of CAG :-D

Anytime Soli,

I must admit, when I started this thread I didnt expect so many to respond to it, a 150 posts already and still going strong!

We WILL beat them and we WILL get back whats rightfully ours! Chin up ;-)

Hi seylectric,

my sentiments exactly, we are not about holding grudges etc we are all here to get back what is rightfully ours and are rectifying the injustice these people inflict on us all. Keep up the good work guys!! :-D

Hi Technique1966,

Welcome aboard. ( No pun intended) I'd bet a pound to a pinch of salt your PPI was mis-sold, most are it seems. Keep on top of them and good luck as your battle commences. Some of us are a little further down the line, so anytime you need guidance, assistance or just a pick me up, remember we are here for you. We may not be experts but we are learing from this site ( Thanks CAG)

Chin up. Bazza

HI guys,

just a quick update for you, I contacted my local Branch of (UN)Welcome today in relation to my SAR I spoke to them about two days ago but no-one returned my call. I asked how my request was progressing and was told it had been sent to their legal dept. I advised them that the clock is still ticking and they have only 4 yes FOUR days left till the 40 days expires. I tactfully indicated that someone has really got to get their finger out to get the details I requested to me within the time limit and made sure they understood, should they NOT be received I WILL be reporting them to the relevant Authorities. Well, will just have to wait and see if the fire cracker up their backside works lol.

Methinks you could be right Martin,

just been into the Bank templates for the LBA for non-compliance, already to print off and send to them should I not get them in the next 4 days :-D