Stikiuk Vs Nationwide

stikiuk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6314 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

am just starting the process of trying to claim these charges back.

My charges are all Returned Direct Debit/ Standing order charges as i don't have an overdraft or cheque book.

This amounts to £1292.50 plus 0.27p in interest charges !

I sent of the request 3rd October, recieved my statements in the neat binder :rolleyes: 10th Oct(Today). So will be posting of the Prelim letter tomorow morning.

Will keep you informed.

Stiki :grin:

• 2 weeks later...

I recieved what i think is a standard reply saying that they wont refund my charges as i agreed to them when i signed the application forms blah blah.

Also they are aware there has been a lot of speculation about fees and charges in the media and that the office of fair trading has issued a directive regarding CREDIT CARDS.

Can someone tell me if this is pretty standard and do i just ignore it and go ahead and send them the LBA ??

Cheers

Standard, ignore, send LBA :)

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

• 3 weeks later...

Hey,

Sent of the LBA, have recieved another letter explaining "the rationale behind our charges policy ".

Basically still saying they are unable to refund my charges.

Just wanted to confirm where i go next,

Do i wait the 14 calendar days then just go ahead with the money claim or should i write to them again ??

Bit baffled by this part :confused:

just started reading up on the moneyclaim part can anyone give me any help with regards to the interest. I have already done the spreadsheet with the 8%, is this all i claim when i go ahead ??

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Got my " Notice of issue " from the court today. Cant believe how quick it was ( hope nationwide are as quick in paying up !).

Anyway they have till 17 th December to reply.

Cum on guys pay up :p

Just realised i didnt attach a schedule of charges with my MCOL. Ive sent the schedule to nationwide in the past though, will this make a difference because i havnt sent it to the court ??

My claim was acknowledged by nationwide yesterday !

Realised I done the same as that, so I sent one to the court and one to Nationwide, with a nice covering letter telling them that I had lodged a claim with the small claims court. :D

Claim was issued yesterday............ start the countdown now!!!

Nationwide: Sent prelim letter 31/10/06

Letter saying not paying 8/11/06

LBA sent 14/11/06

MCOL issued 29/11/06

Yeah because you were only a day after me, so shoudnt think you'll have to wait to long.

Am just a bit puzzled as to why they put that much in, theres been no more since. I think ive checked my balance about 10 toimes today ! :p Just incase !

The shops are calling me :D

I've checked my bank god knows how many times today. I think that they put the costs and interest in first and then the actual charges a day or so later.

I wish they would hurry up, I need to go Christmas shopping ;)

Well of to check the bank again now...

Nationwide: Sent prelim letter 31/10/06

Letter saying not paying 8/11/06

LBA sent 14/11/06

MCOL issued 29/11/06

• 1 month later...

Can anyone give me any advice about closing your account after paying out.

I got my refund of charges at begining of dec, and so i waited for the standard closure letter. I opened another account in preperation but as i never received the letter i never changed the direct debits.

Anyway after coming home from holiday on the 12th jan i opened a letter that said they had closed my account down on 2nd January after giving me 30 days notice on 4th December, and sent me a cheque for the money that was still in there.

I definitely NEVER received any notice to close the account, i was looking out for this letter every morning. In light of this all my direct debits and standing orders since the 2nd have been returned and i am now getting charges of these people. Either £20 or £30 per one.

So basically all i want to know is can the banks close your account without giving you 30 days notice ? And if not where can i go from here.

Thanks in advance

I guess the moral here is Don't trust em!! Always change to another bank before you start procedings and put all your regular payments over to it.

As a point of interest Smile took away my overdraft facility so I had to make sure that account was in credit before they closed the overdraft. So far the account still works..

Smile :) bank prelim sent 25 oct £180

Smile :) bank LBA sent 8th Nov

Smile bank Received £180 25th Nov :) :)

http://cloudbasspa.co.uk