• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

HSBC PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4386 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have also come across a loan that my son had from HSBC . now this loan started on 1st sept 2003 for 35 monthly payments.there is a principal loan and a seperate box named

"CREDIT PROTECTION INSURANCE LOAN" this spells out the following:

premium amount(including insurance premium tax) £xxx

Amount of loan £xxx

total charge for credit £xxxx APR14.9 % this is just for the credit protection insurance loan bit. Is this included as PPI and are we still in the time band as it completed 35 months later which takes us to Sept 2006......... Can we claim for this even though it is in his agreement...?

regards ndr1804.

HALIFAX CURRENT ACCOUNT SETTLED IN FULL 9/9/06.

N1 form completed 05-06-07,LBA sent 14-05-07,2nd go!Prelim sent 24/04/07

Halifax Visa 1.Paid in full

Halifax Classic.Paid in full.

LBA sent 14-05-07,GMAC prelim sent 24/04/07

Data Protection Act for halifax mortgage 16/09/06.

I have also come across a loan that my son had from HSBC . now this loan started on 1st sept 2003 for 35 monthly payments.there is a principal loan and a seperate box named

"CREDIT PROTECTION INSURANCE LOAN" this spells out the following:

premium amount(including insurance premium tax) £xxx

Amount of loan £xxx

total charge for credit £xxxx APR14.9 % this is just for the credit protection insurance loan bit. Is this included as PPI and are we still in the time band as it completed 35 months later which takes us to Sept 2006......... Can we claim for this even though it is in his agreement...?

regards ndr1804.

If it was mis-sold then yes.

There isn't any time limit for ppi reclaims

ims

So which spreadsheet would I use for this type of PPI is it the statinsheet and do i use the total amount payable under the agreement to claim back

regards nigel1804

yes I have read that but what is confusing me is do i just do a single entry eg the total amount payable under this agreement............and does the 8% can i pm you the figures as they stand please.if i can remember how to do that.lolol.regards Nigel1804

Can you out the figures up here please NOT SURE WHAT YOU MEAN DO YOU WANT ME TO JUST PUT THE FIGURES ON HERE NOW AND WILL THIS AUTOMATICALLY TAKE ME TO THE NEW THREAD

REGADS NIGEL1804

UNDER "CREDIT PROTECTION INSURANCE LOAN " HEADED BOX

Amount of premium £685.77

(including Insurance Premium Tax)

Amount of Loan £680.00

total Charge for credit £150.30

APR 14.9%

total Amount payable

under this agreement £836.30

this was to be paid at initial £23.25 1st sept 2003 and a further 35 payments of £23.23 per month.....

hope this is a help..

nigel1804

Excellent

In the spreadsheet you make a list of each payment made giving the date of the payment, the description ("PPI Payment") and the amount.

You will end up with a list comprising 1 payment of £23.25 and, assuming the loan went its full term, 35 payments payments of £23.23.

The sheet will work out what you are due back including the 8% interest

The "claim to" date is today.

Go to the fos website and get a consumer questionnaire from the PPI section and complete it. Send a printout of the spreadsheet, the completed fos questionnaire to the lender together with a brief covering letter requiring refund.

They will have 8 weeks to investigate and give you a final decision before you can pass it to fos to deal with.

ims

So basically we can take it that the 35 payments went out on the 1st of each month my son credit rating is impeccable so it would of done. so in that statinsheet there will be a list of 36 payments.is it normally cut and dry or will we have to go to fos for there 5 pennyworth.

thanks ims21

nigel1804

Hi

Yep you're right...there will be 36 payments in the spreadsheet.

The fos questionnaire will be where you state the reasons for the mis-sale.

Have a look here for a list of some more mis-selling criteria

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?61081-PPI-Some-Notes-for-Claimants..(1-Viewing)-nbsp

I would also spend some time looking at the fos website and some of the case studies there. If you look at the adjudications where they have found in the claimants favour you can find a few more as well

Some cases are refunded without argument, others drag. Who can say what your's will turn out like but I would suggest getting you opening gambit as strong as possible.

ims

thanks for the advice ims starting to loose a few rusty bits now just struggling to print the damn thing now.....might see you tomorrow good night and thanks once again.nigel1804

Morning, just trying to build a letter on my sons case. I think my son thought it was all part of the deal as it comes on the same sheet as the loan details. it was his first loan he had taken out. So in this light could it be said that it was not made clear to him.

regards

nigel1804

hi ims, on the form statinv101 for my sons case, I have filled in the 36 monthly payments, but on the top where it says account numer its gone funny and it also says the monthly payment of PPI is 836.30 should that read total PPI. not monthly.....will they pick up on this.

regards nigel1804

there is a 14 digit acct number and as soon as i go to fill form in and move the curser away from the box it turns into 4.0271E+13....!!!!

If i go back to the box with the curser and double click the original number comes back. but it will not let me print out the completed form with the corrct number in there.

there is a 14 digit acct number and as soon as i go to fill form in and move the curser away from the box it turns into 4.0271E+13....!!!!

You can either change the number format of the cell from "General" to "Number" or just put a ' character in front of the number.

Unusual to have a 14 digit account number

its put down as a loan acct number. in fact when studying it they look like they have incorporated there sort code into the number can't be a coincidance surely that the first four numbers are the sort code of the branch.how do i change format to number. double click on the box to reveal the the hiden formula.???

regards nigel1804

sorted it ims i seperated the first six numbers basically the sort code from the rest. might be usful for others.

regards Nigel1804