DPA letter sent Again!!

ianconstable
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1884 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

Been offline for a few days. Got a letter from Piper, Rudnick, Gray, Cary Abbey's lawers i supose basicaly says "All correspondence through us from now on. We are in the process of preparing a defence. You have also failed to provide evidence for your claim, please provide all evidence."

Any Advice, as we handed in our evidence when we filed the claim.

Reference the bank account my wife got one in her name not a problem.

Defence reply expiry 31/07/06

Will also prepare second claim against Abbey in a Couple of weeks.

Ian.

I would send them a copy pf the list of charges, and state that you did include a copy with the claim, and are surprised that they were not aware of this.

As for "preparing a defence", how long does it take them to print off another copy from the template?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Folks, Soory for the delay, been visiting my parents last 2 weeks. Any way lets get on.

Came back to my allocation questionaire and a letter from abbey's lawyers with there defence, basicaly citing the terms and conditions of the account in that if you don't have the money we won't pay and charge you for it.

Also in their letter they offered a good will payment of 50% of our claim of £1182.32 (my claim £2244.63) as full and final payment. They also dispute that "The claim is based on an argument that abbey should not charge at all. Even if it is correct (which is not accepted) that the charges are greater than abbey's actual loss, abbey would be entitled to charge something."

I'm a bit snookered in deciding what to do next I have till the 25th to file the AQ in the court. I realise that it does cost them somthing but even at £16 - £18 is still a bit excesive. Any sugestions would be a help.

Keep you posted of developments.

Ian

I'm a bit snookered in deciding what to do next I have till the 25th to file the AQ in the court. I realise that it does cost them somthing but even at £16 - £18 is still a bit excesive. Any sugestions would be a help.

Keep you posted of developments.

Ian

Don't forget you have already asked them to provide proof of their actual costs and they have failed to do so. It is now for them to prove the amount, not for you to have to try and guess.

Of course it is your call, but you could always write and ask them to provide certified proof of their actual costs, and that if they fail to provide that information you will have no choice but to continue with recovery of the full amount.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

Well made the decision, I want the lot.

Filed my Allocation Questionaire on the 23/08/06. Lets see what happens next.

Can anyone tell me if a bank has sucessfully closed any members accounts yet.

The main reason being that because of them I have had a lot of stress and problems. They seem to think that they have the right to take their money even if there is no money left in your account, which just snowballs into bigger problems the follwing month. Well thats got that off my chest, for the moment.

Claim total now at £2301.68

Also started a thread under litigation in progress.

As always keep you posted.

Ian & Maria.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

Recieved a N24 Notice of Hearing form from the court. I have looked in all the FAQ's and can't find any reference to this form.

Can somebody help me as soon as possible as the hearing is on this Wednesday afternoon.

panicing a little, Ian

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1884 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks