• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Lowell red and barclay card ccj threat .. advice.

velozdelnorte
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4481 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi again

I always seem to only come her for help when i need it, or advice :)

Ok its re; barclaycard debt of 524 gbp

Threat of ccj and legal action, the debt im sure is from 1996 when i was at uni, im sure i did contact someone re the debt, but im not totally sure. The address they have is my mums but i dont live at that address so i dont get any mail till after dates have passed. Anyway my questions are what should i do, i dont want to do the credit ref agency as they contacted my friends address who i dont want involved in this, they found me as i registered at that address. Stupid i know !!

Do i need to send a series of letters requesting all the information what are they and order do i need to send them in ? i do want to sort this, but im not sure the best way. If it is elapsed will they tell me or is the CRA the only option to tell me all the info held on me.

Should i just send a letter no acknowledgement of debt and state im willing to pay a SO not a DD of X amount per month. I agree i had the card just not sure if they have the legal right to chase this or not ?

Hope this makes sense and any help would be appreciated.

Red/Lowells always threaten CCJ, you can send the prove it letter, if you want but I would just ignore them keep letters in case, but my argument I have always had with Lowells/Red/Hamptons (all same company) is if they have such a strong case against me then off you go to court and I'll meet you there, 4 years later still nowhere near a court, and I suspect will never go there

I know my rights Mr DCA I'm with the CAG......hello hello where you gone Mr DCA8)

Hi, Exactly what have you received in writting about

this debt, who has contacted you which DCA.

Let us have logical information as to what is going on

now and what has gone on before.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Ok i got a letter from Hamptons, stateting i have ignored all attempts to contact me,

Overdue Account we may prepare more serious action which could lead to CCJ

Interest accured and legal costs could all be added to the 524 barclaycard debt.

whats the best course of action at this stage ?

This is all via Lowell Then Red finally 2nd Feb Hamptons Legal.

Does that make sense ? :)

they are ALL the people in the same office!

just the next desk with a bloke in a diff skirt that put a diff letterhead in the same printer

all designed to make you respond DONT!!

ignore them!

can you check your cra file please.

does this debt show?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

They have been in touch for the past 6 months as i registered with Experian and suddenly they had my address and contacted me about the debt, i posted on her at the time and the consensus was to ignore it for now, and see what happens. I get the idea that dealing with this head on might be an option now. I think the debt is from way back in 1996 or 2000. but im sure its a long time ago.

OK have you checked your credit reference files?> if not do so asap>

When was the last payment or acknowledgment in writting

made to this account.?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

you should be used to this game by now

going by your welcome finance thread?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

no all your addresses should be in the linked addresses part of your report already

#unless you are now doing the wifes file?

if you used a card to verify yourself on the cra

you nheed to phone up tomorrow and cancel the subcription [by 30 days in]

as the debt does not show

you owe them nowt

they are just trying to spoof you into paying on an sb'ed debt

dx

dx

and they

Hi Veloz,

If you haven't paid toward the alleged debt or acknowledged it in writing within the past 6 years, the debt is Statute Barred.

So either ignore their letters or send them the SB letter - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?408-Letter-sent-when-debt-is-statute-barred

:wink:

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 1 month later...

update to barclays and lowells :

acc open 15/08/2005

Opening balance £ 528

Repayment frequency Monthly

Date of default 06/11/2008

Default balance £ 528

Letter today saying ccj action or pay 240 and clear up. Im not sure wher i stand on this now, i havent paid anything for a long time, and the therad shows the time line. do i need to pay this or can i agree to pay it off slowly ?

i dont think you need to pay off anything

they are offering a discount

thats always a sign of begging

dx

and they

Good Morning :)

Thanks for the gentle steering in the right direction regarding posts, Since getting my credit report it has also flagged up something else that im just trying to deal with. Anyways regarding barclays, ive been looking at my open and closed accounts on my credit file. Bit more confused re barclays/Lowell

ok Closed account (Satisfied)

Barclaycard

£ 0

30/06/2011 Satisfied

Name

Address York

Date of birth .......................

Account type Credit Card

Account number ************.............

Account start date 15/08/2005

Account end date 30/06/2011

Default balance £ 529

Pretty sure my mum paid it off for me ... i know i have grown up alot :)

--------------------------------------------------------

Lowell

£ 524

13/02/2012 Default

Name

Address York (same address ex gfs)

Date of birth ...................

Account type Credit Card

Account number *********......... 0 (Diff account number ?? confused)

Account start date 15/08/2005 (Same date as other account the satisfied one)

Opening balance £ 528

Default balance £ 528

Very confused or am i being thick and missing something here ?

Yours Nik

i'd ask the cra to clarify why the same card apparently shows twice

dx

and they

Hi Veloz,

You have said earlier "...... the debt is from way back in 1996 or 2000" but this doesn't tell us what we need to know.

When did you last pay anything to the BC a/c, either to BC or to any DCA. If is more than 6 years, the debt is Statute Barred, end of story.

Letter today saying ccj action or pay 240 and clear up.

You need to explain what they actually said or mean as this makes little sense.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)