• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Help please with Capital One

athenajm
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4497 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I've got a Capone credit card on which I owe just over £1000. Due to various reasons such as losing my job, I have been unable to make the payments over the last few months.

They have been calling me 3+ times a day (originally it was about 7). I wrote to them, stupidly before reading advice on here, offering £30/mth. They wrote back saying I need to speak to them on the phone. I wrote again, explaining that I don't want to deal with them by phone and please would they keep all correspondence in writing. The phone calls continued, 3 this Sunday gone, and they call up until 9pm.

I sent them another letter making the offer (using the template on here) and after a few days I sent them the telephone harrasment letter.

I have had 2 replies from them since, one stating that they need to speak to me regarding my payment plan, and one enclosing payment slips but mentioning nothing about the payment offer that I made, or about freezing the interest.

What can I do now? I want the phone calls to stop as I won't answer and it's stressing me each time they call as I'm worried that they won't accept the payment plan until I answer the phone.

Please help.

This time write to their compliance manager as a Formal

complaint, state that your request to deal only in writting

has been ignored and you now consider the telphone calls

to be harassment, and you are reporting this to the OFT.

Also add that they have failed to address the other points

you have raised.

• Confused 1

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

You can download the form for a complaint from

the website(contact details)

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

why are you offering them a payment plan

its YOUR MONEY

you TELL THEM - END OFF.

then begin doing it by your internet banking site

and get reclaiming too

i bet 50% of that balance is penalty charges and/or PPI

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

So to reclaim the charges, can I send the hardship/financial difficulty one first or do I need to send the credit card letter template first? And is a schedule of charges just a list of when the charges were applied and how much each one was for? Are they allowed to refund it as money off my debt or do they have to give it back by cheque/BACS?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just feeling a bit overwhelmed by all of this, I've tried reading the guides but I just get confused by all the different actions.

if you've got all the statements then fill in the CI spreadsheet at the end of the charges reclaim link below

and with a letter of complaint

post off to the oc

the reclaim will come off the card bal unless itd terminated already or sold to a dca

your cra file will tell you who owns the debt

dx

dx

• Confused 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 weeks later...

the phone calls are still continuing, and now they're also texting me.

In the last 3 days they've called me well over 15 times and texted several times as well.

I've written to the complaince manager enclosing previous letters and also asking him/her to address the issues and to cease the phone calls.

Nothing.

I've now reported them to OFT but don't know what to do next.

To be honest, I dread my phone ringing now, it's making me feel physically ill.

I owe £1200, not the greatest sum in the world! (and about £150 of that is charges which I've done the reclaim thingy to get back).

Please someone help and give me advice about what to do now!

Report to Trading Standards via consumer direct.

And send the following to Crap1

Dear Sir or Madam;

I refer you to recent correspondence regarding XXXXXXXXX

and my request that your company cease all contact by telephone

and any other electronic means of communication.

I should point out to you the OFT Guidance On Debt Collection

October 2011 Section 3 Unfair or Improper Business Practices,

Sub Sect 3.1 Includes Physical/ Psychological Harassment your

business practices clear breach this because of the unreasonable

timing and frequency of phone call.

Section 3.3 (j) Contacting a debtor at unreasonable times.

3.3 (k). Ignoring or disregarding a debtors reasonable

requests in respect of when, where or how to contact them.

Sections 3.6/7 (a) also applies to your companies conduct.

I consider therefore that your company is harassing me and

now demand that all and any contact only by Royal Mail and

that under no circumstances will ''home visits '' be allowed.

I expect to receive your acknoledgment that you will comply

with these requirements with in 7 calendar days.

Failure to do so will be reported to The OFT and your local

Trading Standards Department, action for the harassment

will be taken should you fail to comply.

Send to the Compliance Director at their Registered Office. recorded

delivery.

Also keep a strict log of all calls check if they are

using various numbers or are with holding numbers.

Thanks - fingers crossed that this time they'll actually listen!!

Copy with a covering letter to OFT will be good.