• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Egg Card Misuse Help

DGC
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6407 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

wondered if anyone could advise as to the best way to proceed

I have an egg card and on the way to the airport last year i used it for the first time at a cash machine i then went on holiday for a week with the card in my pocket .

On returning home £2500 had been withdrawn using my card details from varies machines around the M25.

I complained to egg i was eventually told that the card had been used as the chip not the strip had been read and they would not refund the money as the PIN had been used as well ,despite trying they would not accept any responsibilty ,and as i have a loan with them i could not afford to rock the boat too hard .

After reading the forum i have finally decided that i should have chalanged the decision harder but do not know what to do next or have i left it too long .

Thanks

No i wouldn't say you left it too long. I would call them telling them that this card was used as fraud. Hmmmm not sure who you can call on this for advice, maybe your local CAB or try Consumer Direct (not sure if they deal with this) Consumer Direct give them a try. Come back to us and let us know how you get on.

Also i think more info can be found on these sites:

Card Watch raises awareness about all types of plastic card

BBC - Support for You - Card Fraud

APACS - Plastic Card Fraud

It may be good to post this in the Litigation part of this website as well as someone may answer you better there. Good Luck

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.

If someone else uses your card before you tell your bank or building society that it has been lost or stolen, or before you tell them that someone else knows your PIN, the most you will have to pay is £50. In practice the bank or building society will usually refund the full amount lost, but if you are shown to have acted fraudulently or without reasonable care, for example by keeping your PIN written down with your card, you may have to meet all the losses.

Hope this helps. If they have been shown now to have treated you unfair i would call Consumer Direct just to be sure on this.

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.

As far as I am aware as long as you report the fraud to the Police (and got a crime number) and have not knowingly provided access to your PIN to anyone else the Bank Have to refund your money unless they can prove that you were an accessory to the crime - don't take things lying down.

If you have a problem email me as I work for a Bank and will ask what our policy is on this.

Thats not for you to say and i dont have a clue, perhaps they copied the details of you card. However if you are sure no one saw ur PIN and you don't have it written down they cant charge you that amount. Thats out of line and i would say you have strong grounds to complain.

• 1 month later...

Hi

had a call from Egg today re card misuse ,they said it was not possible to copy the chip but gave me an address to appeal to if i considered there original opinions (from last year ) wrong .

They appeared quite cocky until i mentioned this forum after which they asked for full imformation regarding this board and its reason for existance.

I relly need to find out if there are other cases of this recorded and what most banks would do in Eggs situation (need banks names)

Do you think they will cancel my card and loan that i will have with them?

No just because you are in dispute with them i wouldn't of thought they would cancel your loan or account. Have you tried getting advise from Consumer Direct or citizens advise. Some of the details and links are above.