Working tax and child care overpayment

Lm27
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4491 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Ok so i left my job at the end of june and went onto income support but hmrc still continued to pay me my childcare and working tax credit, when i left my previous job incomw support informed the hmrc and my payment was reduced, this time round it never happened and i was still paid the same each week. I had to call the hmrc to give them a figure of what i earned and gave them the figures for 2010? Anyways i wrote a letter explaining that they had been overpaying me and before i sent that they sent me a letter explaining that the had checked with my childcare provider and that my child didnt not attend the nursery which ia correct as i explained in the letter yet they are still paying me the money each week! My housing benefit and council tax beneifts have been suspended and its getting into a big mess and im worried that now they will get me for fraud but i have admitted in the letter that they have been overpaying me! Everytime i call i wait for ages to spkto someone and my credit runs out! Im worried sick i dont kno what to do! Should i write another letter? They told me they would amend the payments by the 14th december if i didnt contact them but as i said i wrote them and explained and they never amended the payments! Obviously being on incone suport, having debt and being a single parent who gets no financial help the money came in handy what with xmas etc but i dont want to be that person who gets done for fraud! Sorry to go on but can someone pls help me im worried sick now!!!

Hi LM27

when you finished work in June you would have been entitled to a four week run of of WTC.. This usually means I.S doesnt pay you for the first four weeks of your claim as the Working Tax Credit nils the claim.. Its hard to see how this has happened as when your claim was processed I.S should have rung HMRC and told them you had made a new claim to I.S, H.M.R.C would then have given I.S the dates for the run on, but this has clearly not happend

You need to phone the Tax Office as soon as you can to get them to stop the payments, you will have an overpayment but if the WTC downloads onto your I.S claim it wil close it down.