HSBC PPI Claim *** SUCCESS ***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4465 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

Quick question, I remembered last night about a graduate loan I took out in 2004 and which I paid off in 2009 if I remember correctly.

I called HSBC and asked them to check the record to see if it had PPI and indeed it did, I remember the meeting very well as it was the day before my birthday and it was the fella's claim that I stood a better chance of being successful if I took the PPI and the hard sell he did on it that made me take it but although the HSBC bod could see it on the system, said they wouldn't have the loan agreement as it commenced over 6 years ago, is she lying to me?

She said she would send me a screen grab which basically just confirms that it was on there but what if I can't get hold of the loan agreement, am I screwed?

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Edit: Oh and she gave me an address to wrote to for their complaints department, almost as though she was resigned to "yet another claim" if that makes sense?

poss

you need to sar them

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Simple answer is yes

ims

Fantastic, thank you.

In your opinion only of course... I had PPI on the loan, very much the hard sell, told it would help application, no medical history questions, no advising of other alternate options, iirc he even ticked the boxes on the form for me and was very keen I take it, do you think I have a good case?

I know it's only my word against theirs but some third party opinions would be gratefully received

Yes they are good enough reasons for a mis-sale.

Make sure you do it properly from the start though....fos questionnaire, schedule of claim (spreadsheet) and brief letter enclosing those two items.

As this was a loan, have a read of No.1 in my or dx's signatures

ims

Yes they are good enough reasons for a mis-sale.

Make sure you do it properly from the start though....fos questionnaire, schedule of claim (spreadsheet) and brief letter enclosing those two items.

As this was a loan, have a read of No.1 in my or dx's signatures

ims

Very helpful thanks. I will be doing this strictly to the guidelines as I did when I claimed my bank charges back. So it goes, get SAR, fill in FOS Questionnaire and SOC Questionnaire and send with a brief letter to HSBC address and wait for their response?

Sorry for mithering, I just wanna get this right

Very helpful thanks. I will be doing this strictly to the guidelines as I did when I claimed my bank charges back. So it goes, get SAR, fill in FOS Questionnaire and SOC Questionnaire and send with a brief letter to HSBC address and wait for their response?

Sorry for mithering, I just wanna get this right

Mither away :-)

Yep...spot on.

Your claim for PPI won't go in until after the end of the year so all time scales for the company to investigate will revert back to the normal 8 weeks before you can pass the complaint to fos. You can of course forget fos if you wish and sue in court but that's another story.

Regards

ims

Mither away :-)

Yep...spot on.

Your claim for PPI won't go in until after the end of the year so all time scales for the company to investigate will revert back to the normal 8 weeks before you can pass the complaint to fos. You can of course forget fos if you wish and sue in court but that's another story.

Regards

ims

Thanks so much for your help, I'll be sending the amended sar tomorrow and will keep you updated. I'll probably be on for help about filling things in as well along the way :D

I was taken aback a bit by the resignation in the woman's voice and how quick she was to tell me where to send my complaint! There is something hugely satisfying about this!

Thanks so much for your help, I'll be sending the amended sar tomorrow and will keep you updated. I'll probably be on for help about filling things in as well along the way :D

I was taken aback a bit by the resignation in the woman's voice and how quick she was to tell me where to send my complaint! There is something hugely satisfying about this!

he he

go get 'em

Just shout if/when you need more help

ims

• 2 weeks later...

Bit of an update, well, sort of...

Letter went on the 21st and still no response from them. I appreciate Xmas slows things down but in previous dealings with HSBC I woulod have expected a response by now with my documentation. Am worrying about nothing?

Hi

Don't recognise that one myself.

I would have used the registered office address but they should forward your SAR to the relevant department.

Did you send it recorded and have they received it? Have they cashed the payment?

ims

Hi

Don't recognise that one myself.

I would have used the registered office address but they should forward your SAR to the relevant department.

Did you send it recorded and have they received it? Have they cashed the payment?

ims

My mum actually posted it for me without me knowing cos she was going the PO anyway so it didn't go recorded which although a nice thing to do, is a bit annoying, is it worth contacting them in writing to request confirmation of receipt?

If you paid by cheque then you would be able to tell and if you paid by postal order you can check on line whether the payment has been cashed.

Please tell me you didn't put a £10 note in the envelope!

ims

If you paid by cheque then you would be able to tell and if you paid by postal order you can check on line whether the payment has been cashed.

Please tell me you didn't put a £10 note in the envelope!

ims

Haha no! :lol:

It was a cheque. They actually sent the cheque back a few years ago when I sent my SAR for bank charges

So really you don't know whether it was received given Christmas post etc and the cheque hasn't been cashed yet.

Either give it another week o, if it were me, I'd do another one...this time to the registered office (addressed to the Data Compliance Manager) and send it recorded delivery.

ims