natwest and wescot - mizzwhippy

mizzwhippy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4510 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, Im adding to this thread!..I dont know how to use this site properly...but I have a question with regards to natwest and wescot....I had a big debt £5000 with natwest well it was a 5000 loan that they gave me about 5 years ago...I originaly went into the bank for a 1000 loan just to see me through xmas..i told the lad at the bank i was broke and he said that if I said i was employed he could give me a 5000 if i said it was for a car or something...he then went on to say...it would be cheaper for me to borrow 5000 then if i kept 4000 of it in my savings account and just used the 1000 i needed then after christmas when i had the 1000 available then i could just put it back with the 4000 in my savings account and pay the loan off within 3 months...so i stupidly did then strated to spend the 4000 too! at the time after xmas i got a job and the 137 a month payments didnt seem so bad for the whole amount 5000...I 3 years later found out that they were charging me 20 a month on top for insurance incase i became unemployed ect...but i never was told about this insurance..it was juat a little tiny cross in a box on the form i ddint even notice it when i signed..the thing i found out 3 years later is that it wouldnt have been valid for me at the time because i was not employed when i took out the loan...anyway besides that(and i did phone the bank manager to ask for a copy of the original agreement, he never called back) i payed my loan at 137 a month for 3 years....then i started uni...i then started to really take notice that my original debt had only gone down by about 400 in 3 years! of course it was getting charged intrest on top...i went to the citizens advice and they told me they could put me on a debt managment plan becasue i was by then a broke student(still am)...i agreed with them and natwest i would pay £2 a month until further notice...that was a year and a half ago...I went to spain this summer as part of my degree and came back to find that id missed one £ 2 payment by accidentally taking all the money from my account for a few days whilst i was in spain..they passed my debt on to Wescot...are they allowed to do this?? just pass your debt on to another company...jsut because i missed a payment...i must say i did get a couple of letters but as i didnt open them till i got back i guess it was too late..but it was just one payment of £2...the crazy thing is..is that i had £9 in my savings account with them..surely they should have taken it out of there if they were that desperate! im really cross...now i have wescot on my back ive set up a £2 payment with them now but they said they want to talk about payng it off!! i have no money, ive just had to get a crisis loan from uni...the £2 is all i can afford right now...im so cross with natwest they have basically had their 5000 just in interest over the last 5 years and they they do this...anyway what spurred me to write is that i had a message of wescot this morning telling me to ring them..i have rang and told them they have t ring back because my phone credit is nearly out...they havnt rang yet...im really worried they are gonna now try n get me to pay more just before the skintest xmas of my life!! any advice...also do you know if im still incuring intrest? i thought they freeze it once your on a managment plan?do you think now wescot have it they wil start charging me?im freakeddddd need advice lol

Sorry but this post is very difficult to read because it is a solid block of text with no spaces and no punctuation.

Please be fair to the people who would like to help you by posting it again in a more manageable form.

Thanks

I just spent 10 min writing out in neat and you go and close the thread..cheers

Sorry but it couldn't be read.

Please start a new thread

forget it..anyway judging by the way you are barking demands at the other person on this thread..maybe you are not the person I need to ask for advice.

Sorry you feel that way.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4510 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks