T-Mobile / Fredricksons - Urgent advice please

Grey Dane
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4564 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, a newbie here,

I had Tmob (private) phone contract for about 5 or 6 years for me, then my other half, & then for a dongle thing.

February / March this year my business went belly up & I got behind with all my payments.

April I started a regular job & contacted everyone to explain my situation - most were understanding. Tmob told me I was a "good, loyal customer" & that it wouldn't be a problem. 2 weeks later they cut off my services. Some snotty call centre operator told me I had to pay up in full to get reconnected or pay in full to the end of the contract to cancel it- I politely told him what I thought of Tmobs customer service & attitude & told him I would pay everything I owed as and when I had it.

So since then I've been paying it off bit by bit online.

In October when I only had about £27 arrears left I got a letter telling me that they had waived the £27 & cancelled my contract, & that I now owed them £158 for early cancellation of the contract.

I wrote to Tmob to explain that I did not choose to cancel, so I am not liable for early canx fees, & that I had not been made aware of any early canx fees & that I hadn't signed anything to say that I agreed to this. (I'm a bit of a horder so I went through old Tmob correspondence & cannot find anything aboutearly canx fees).

November I got a letter from Fredricksons demanding £158. having not received any response from Tmob I sent them a duplicate letter (still awaiting response)

Today I have another Fred letter demanding £235 (inc courts, solicitors & interest) to be paid within 7 days or action will be taken blah blah bailiffs blah blah - you get the picture. Can they turn up & help themselves if I'm not at home ?

Whats my next move - contact Freds 7 tell them the situation ??

Tell them to poke it as I don't owe that amount ??

I can't pay it all - should I enter into an agreement with them ?

Or something else ?

BTW I work away mostly mon-fri so any usually correspondence is delayed until weekends.

TIA G

Hi,I note you say the latest letter from Freds states you now owe

£235 not £158, unless a CCJ has already been issued regarding this

Freds cannot demand you pay any court or other costs or interest,

the extra £77.00 is not payable at all unless the threatened court action

has taken place.

I would send Freds the prove it letter from the CAG library.it seems

you have not received a notice of assignment of the Debt to Freds,

so you have no actual proof that thet are entitled to collect the alleged

debt.

Send the letter to The Compliance Manager at Freds.

Brig.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thanks for the advice.

"Prove it" letter posted.

Update: Today received a letter from Bryan Carter Solicitors o/b/o/ Freds, threatening legel action & quoting the fees mentioned above if payment not made in full within 14 days. I assume I just sit & wait for the "prove it " to kick in ?

In the meantime what, if anything, can I do about this:

(quote).........So since then I've been paying it off bit by bit online.

In October when I only had about £27 arrears left I got a letter telling me that they had waived the £27 & cancelled my contract, & that I now owed them £158 for early cancellation of the contract.

TIA

G